monkeyspanker

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
letting Australia get a good total is not a good idea when we can’t really bat
Or Bowl/Field/Catch....
Still i think they do a half decent job on the drinks breaks
bazzap (12-22-2021), ferocious (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 06:26 PM   #552
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Is it my eyesight? When Robinson first broke into Test cricket he looked pretty quick. Not as fast as Wood but up around the 85mph mark. Now he just seems to be bowling line and length and plodding away around 75mph. Am I missing something? Haven't been to Specsavers for a good few years so that may be the problem.
Frankie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bazzap (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 11:23 PM   #553
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

ICC Rankings

The latest rankings are HERE

Maybe someone can explain this to me.

Labs is the new #1 ranked Test bat in the world according to the ICC. He has played about 3 Tests in 2021.

Joe Root has played plenty of Tests this year. His form has been stellar. He is getting close to the highest ever number of runs scored in Tests in a calendar year.

Why isn't Joe still number one?

Travis Head at #10 is fucking laughable. If that is true then Test cricket is in a very bad way.

Four of the top ten bats are Australian yet they have hardly played.

The same with the bowlers. Cummins, Hazelwood & Starc are all in the top ten in Test cricket. Again after hardly playing all year

India and NZ are deservedly ranked #1 & #2 Test teams yet between them they have only three bats in the top ten (Williamson, Sharma & Kohli) and four bowlers (Ashwin, Southee, Wagner & Jamieson). Ashwin has hardly played a Test yet is rated the #2 Test bowler

Don't forget that Australia lost its previous Test series against India in Australia last year.

All very puzzling to me

Old 12-24-2021, 07:36 PM   #554
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Its explained here Baz. Complete load of bollocks and that often used word algorithm crops up. Far better based on an average calculated by total runs scored divided by dismissals. Minimum of 25 Test Innings would exclude the flash in the pans.

http://www.relianceiccrankings.com/about.php
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bazzap (12-25-2021), kuranda_bagman (12-25-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 10:18 PM   #555
kuranda_bagman

Advanced Member

Shouts:

kuranda_bagman is on a distinguished road

What a sad day for English Cricket!
Sorry guys couldn't resist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (13.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (71.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (96.4 KB, 4 views)
bazzap (12-30-2021), ferocious (12-29-2021), Frankie (12-31-2021), monkeyspanker (01-01-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 07:55 PM   #556
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuranda_bagman View Post
What a sad day for English Cricket!
Sorry guys couldn't resist.
Fuckin abysmal performance and thats being kind. Bowlers drag the team out the shit just for the batsmen to drop them back in even deeper. IMO the current Aussie Test team aren't even that good, however when your only playing dross it does make you look a lot better.

Stayed up Boxing Day night to watch the Test, for the second and last time this series. Wont be wasting anymore time on these wankers. Silverwood and around 6 players from the last team need to be given the bullet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
kuranda_bagman (01-01-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 01:04 AM   #557
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Bit of a shit storm over Langer's resignation

Sporting websites and Facebook alive with opinions & comments. Public opinion seems to be with Langer. As am I.

Ex-players really dishing it out to current players and also to Cricket Australia especially to the CEO Nick Hockley who, BTW, is a Pom

Mitchell Johnson

Quote:

“Pat Cummins has been lauded as some type of cricketing saint since his elevation to the top job this summer. Cummins might have delivered with the ball during the Ashes series, but he has failed his first big test as captain pretty miserably,” Johnson wrote in his column for The West Australian.

“He had plenty of public opportunities to endorse an extension for Langer. So when he let it through to the keeper every time, it became pretty obvious he didn’t want it to happen.

“Cummins holds a lot of power and must have been central to what’s happened. He’s clearly had an agenda to get in a coach he wants. His recent interviews have been gutless by not respecting his coach when he could have been upfront from the start.

“The baggy green is hyped as the most revered symbol in Australian sport. But what does it stand for now? In the wake of the disgraceful white-anting of Langer as coach, which led to his resignation on Saturday, it stands for selfishness.”

Interesting article from Geoff Lawson in the Sydney Morning Herald

Quote:
Langer’s rise and fall highlight how broken coaching is in Australia

The appointment of Justin Langer to the head coaching position of the Australian men’s team after the sandpaper scandal was not universally accepted in domestic cricket circles.

It was seen by many as a knee-jerk reaction that had more to do with virtue signalling by Cricket Australia than a well-considered, deeply researched call etched in due diligence. No one at CA put their hand up to say they were the prime mover in his appointment. No advertisements were posted for candidates; no alternatives sought or interviewed. For some inexplicable reason, Langer was seen to have an unquestioned imprimatur to “fix” the amorality of the nation’s most visible sporting team.

He was presented as having different experiences than his predecessor, Darren Lehmann, yet they were the same age and played in the same Australian teams that were excoriated for their abusive style. He had also been an assistant coach inside the Australian dressing room for three years.

There is no evidence that Langer resisted the methods of those teams, so why was he the anointed one to repair the moral fissures? He was installed to bring control and purpose to a group that was spectacularly unsuccessful and seen as wildly ill-disciplined. There was only one direction for that squad to go.

Now he has quit the top job, it is important to dissect his reign, in particular how he got there.

Langer’s coaching successes before taking on the national role were limited to white-ball cricket. He won the BBL twice with the Scorchers, and Western Australia won the state 50-over trophy once. WA did not win the Sheffield Shield during Langer’s tenure, and haven’t won it since 1999.

These are barely notable qualifications to coach the longest form of the game at the highest level.

The full article is HERE

And this one from Langer himself. Pretty classy IMHO

Quote:

Exclusive from Peter Lalor, Justin Langer's resignation letter to Cricket Australia has been revealed:

“Having been away from home since the first week of October, yesterday was a tumultuous day, and with quarantine restrictions now that I am back I am unable to do anything publicly at the moment, but I want people to know I am happy with my decision and proud of what I have achieved,” Langer wrote in the email.

“There has been a great deal of media speculation on my future as the Australian men’s cricket coach over the last 12 months and this has taken an enormous toll on my family. I hope through this time, and throughout my tenure, I have held myself with integrity and dignity.

“Last night I was offered a short-term contract until the end of the T20 World Cup in Australia, with the sentiment of ‘going out on a high’. After careful consideration I have decided not to accept this contract renewal, and as a result I believe it is in everyone’s best interests for the Australian cricket team to begin the next chapter immediately.

“If media reports are correct, several senior players and a couple of support staff don’t support me moving forward, and it is now apparent the CA board, and you Nick (Hockley, CA chief executive), are also keen to see the team move in another direction. I respect that decision.

“My life has been built on values of honesty, respect, trust, truth, and performance and if that comes across as ‘too intense’ at times, I apologise.

“It is said that in any venture, if you leave things in a better place than when you started then you have done your job.

“Whilst it is not up to me to judge, I hope Australians respect what has been achieved over the last four years in Australian cricket. From day one I believed it was possible to both win and play the game in the spirit that is now expected from our supporters.

“For the last four years it has been proven this can be achieved and I am very proud of the team for their efforts on and off the cricket field. I hope we have made Australians proud and earned respect from countries around the world.

“In terms of ‘going out on a high’, I am blessed to have been a part of a T20 World Cup-winning squad, an Ashes winning squad, watched the Test team rise to #1 ranked team in the world today, been selected as the Wisden Coach of the Year and been elevated to the Australian cricket Hall of Fame; all this in the last five months.
“I am grateful that today, I am going out on a high.

“Australian cricket means the world to me. It has since I was a kid, and I am grateful for the opportunity to play for, and coach our national team. I am thankful to the board for the opportunity, and I will take with me many cherished memories and friendships from the last four years.

“Hopefully a good job has been done and I wish the team every success for the future.”

Whoever the new coach is, he better get results or it will all go wonky quickly. Players, new coach, and Cricket Australia are really in the spotlight now

Last edited by bazzap : 02-07-2022 at 01:12 AM.
bazzap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bazzap For This Useful Post:
kuranda_bagman (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 10:06 AM   #558
kuranda_bagman

Advanced Member

Shouts:

kuranda_bagman is on a distinguished road

After winning the T20 for the first time then rolling the poms 4 zip in the ashes Langer resurrected a lame mob who fell down after the sandpaper debacle in SA. What a mob of cunts the current bunch of players and CA are to treat Langer this way. A good coach does not have to be loved by his players to get results and Langer proved that in spades. CA are a disgrace and their cowering to the players and woke mentality will be the end of cricket as we diehards remember it!
bazzap (02-08-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 07:18 PM   #559
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

From up here Langers departure just sounds like Player Power has taken another victim. No logical reason why players in any sport should be able to dictate the direction any team goes in. So the next coach will have to be approved by the players? Probably will be someone as weak as piss and lets them do what they want.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bazzap (02-12-2022), kuranda_bagman (02-13-2022)
Old 04-15-2022, 01:27 PM   #560
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Joey's gone!!