Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Pattaya Newbies Section : Brand New and Lookin' for Advice

Old 12-11-2007, 04:08 AM   #11
Classyexec

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Default More advice, following up my first email as a Newbie

Thanks for the welcome, guys. In response to some of the questions, I am planning my first trip for next mid to late summer (late July, early August, I'm guessing) for about 7 - 10 days, max, unfortunately. My primary reason (like most guys) is to go and enjoy some drop dead beautiful Thai (or other Asian) women.....I want to see if those beautiful young (or older!) Thai ladies really do take such good care of their dates that you risk falling in love with them....and no, I won't...but I love the idea of being treated that well, and that sexually well...that I might feel that way.

Am I into culture? Maybe with a beautiful, sexy young lady on my arm I would explore some of the sites (but only if she kept my "interested" ....beaches, yes, but not by myself (again)....I do want to explore the Pattaya nightlife, with a focus on the more upscale places, not the bottom-feeder locations (doesn't mean I want to spend all my money in high class joints, I think one would usually be safer in those places, and see a more beautiful, d/d/f class of lady, right?

I REALLY want a fabulous asian soapy massage....or two or three...hell, I wish I could get one here in the USA (in fact, anyone know of any places in the US where I COULD get a soapy massage, Pattaya style?)

For accomodations, I don't need 5 star (unless it's a really great deal!), but I do want really comfortable, even mildly classy, and not a low end budget place....and can I assume all the hotels in the area are OK with me bringing ladies back in, at all hours, etc.?

How's that for some further information? And maybe one last type of question -- are there expats in Pattaya willing to give a first time, "rank" Newbie some pointers, once I'm on the ground and doing the bar trawl?

Thanks again for your responses and help!
Rich in Minnesota
Classyexec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:29 AM   #12
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterman View Post
BKK is now a waste of time and money it used to be great but!....... come to pattaya for a fun time
Why is BKK a waste of time and money?
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:46 AM   #13
sabang

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Accomodation- Residence Garden.

Pattaya is full of low end sleaze joints, so pretend you are a classy exec by treating yourself to the Sunday buffet at Mantra restaurant (U can google it). You won't regret it, unless maybe you've got your bargirl in tow. Have a nice meal at Mata Hari too. Seeing as you are from Minnesootaa, check out Bei Gerhard in Soi 33 Naklua, it will satisfy the Skandi/German in you.

If it's true lub, take her down to Ko Samet for a coupla nights and get ripped off like the rest of the falangs.

Help the poor, and make sure you pop into BM's Torrenova and Magoo's bars. They might even give you some useful advice if they're not on the piss again.

GoGo's- Angelwitch, Boesche, Catz, Peppermint, and of course a few you will regret trying.

Don't swim in the Sea- it is foul.
sabang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:52 AM   #14
Classyexec

Advanced Member

Shouts:

thanks for the info....actually, i don't want to regret any experience in Pattaya so thanks for this, and more, info, to steer me to the good places, etc....if there ARE places you think I should simply avoid (except maybe to pop in, buy and drink and experience the "awful", etc.) please let me know.

Life is too short to make my first trip at this "advanced" age (mid 40s) and waste a single day...maybe an hour or two, but I want the true "oh my gawd" paradise experience....beautiful woman, great restaurants, great hotel, etc.....

And what is "Ko Samet"? hotel? resort? sounds like it's a place to avoid, right?

thanks.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:02 AM   #15
nosehair

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classyexec View Post
....I do want to explore the Pattaya nightlife, with a focus on the more upscale places, not the bottom-feeder locations (doesn't mean I want to spend all my money in high class joints, I think one would usually be safer in those places, and see a more beautiful, d/d/f class of lady, right....
Wish I could help you with those upscale jointz yer looking for....but I've never been in one or even know where one iz.....

I'm a bottom feeder....someone has to eat down there.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:04 AM   #16
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Rich,
Samet is an island, about two hours south of Pattaya. Plenty of local operators can do a package tour for less than $50 US per day.

The idea is to find a girl you like in the first few days, then take her to the island. Once away from their friends and work they usually open up and you will be in serious danger of falling in lub.

There's a guy on this board name of Magoo, decent enough chap for a Yank who has a bar on the Jomtien road. Good man to talk to and a good bar for a relaxed drink. Plenty of other barowners and expats around here as well.....our man Sabang has already given you some good advice, as has Torrenova. (But you can never find Torre in his bar )

I endorse the Residence Garden as a hotel. There are other others more upmarket; Dusit, Hard Rock, Marriot, but they wont welcome your companion(s). The Areca is also quite good in a central location, but the rooms at the RG are much better.

As for high class nightspots, well they all exist for one reason only. Davethailand's Blues Factory provides an enjoyable alternative, as does Moon River Pub at the other end of town.

Take your time, kick your shoes off, have a read here (trawl through the newbie stuff) and we'll be glad to help you along the way.

Oh yeah, you're gonna love the soapie.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #17
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Since you are staying for 7-10 days and it's your first trip plus you say you're not that into the sightseeing this time I'd give Bangkok a miss this trip and go straight to If you're looking for the very pretty ones and you're limited on time your best bet would be to hit the Go-Go's, people with current knowlege on the top ones can weigh in there although Happy A-Go-Go and the Superbaby/Supergirl ones are usually always strong. I second the Residence Garden choice, a nice suite hotel not that far from the action, absolutely no problem bringing guests back to the room, even a less obtrusive entrance from the parking stairs to the elevator if you're shy and back before they lock the gate at around 10 P.M. But no one gives a second glance at reception, they've seen it all over the years. Depending on the time of the year their rates range from 1600-2500 but if you mention that you're a member of the FLB message board when you book via email the rate is 1399 per night. Here's a link to the hotel's Web site:

http://www.theresidencegarden.com/
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #18
Classyexec

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork Handles View Post
Rich,
Samet is an island, about two hours south of Pattaya. Plenty of local operators can do a package tour for less than $50 US per day.

The idea is to find a girl you like in the first few days, then take her to the island. Once away from their friends and work they usually open up and you will be in serious danger of falling in lub.

There's a guy on this board name of Magoo, decent enough chap for a Yank who has a bar on the Jomtien road. Good man to talk to and a good bar for a relaxed drink. Plenty of other barowners and expats around here as well.....our man Sabang has already given you some good advice, as has Torrenova. (But you can never find Torre in his bar )

I endorse the Residence Garden as a hotel. There are other others more upmarket; Dusit, Hard Rock, Marriot, but they wont welcome your companion(s). The Areca is also quite good in a central location, but the rooms at the RG are much better.

As for high class nightspots, well they all exist for one reason only. Davethailand's Blues Factory provides an enjoyable alternative, as does Moon River Pub at the other end of town.

Take your time, kick your shoes off, have a read here (trawl through the newbie stuff) and we'll be glad to help you along the way.

Oh yeah, you're gonna love the soapie.
Thanks for this great information....very helpful! I hope you won't mind if I get back to you with a question or two, as I plan out my trip. thanks again
Old 12-11-2007, 10:35 PM   #19
Classyexec

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack View Post
Since you are staying for 7-10 days and it's your first trip plus you say you're not that into the sightseeing this time I'd give Bangkok a miss this trip and go straight to If you're looking for the very pretty ones and you're limited on time your best bet would be to hit the Go-Go's, people with current knowlege on the top ones can weigh in there although Happy A-Go-Go and the Superbaby/Supergirl ones are usually always strong. I second the Residence Garden choice, a nice suite hotel not that far from the action, absolutely no problem bringing guests back to the room, even a less obtrusive entrance from the parking stairs to the elevator if you're shy and back before they lock the gate at around 10 P.M. But no one gives a second glance at reception, they've seen it all over the years. Depending on the time of the year their rates range from 1600-2500 but if you mention that you're a member of the FLB message board when you book via email the rate is 1399 per night. Here's a link to the hotel's Web site:

http://www.theresidencegarden.com/
Thanks very much for the recommendation and advice....greatly helpful!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #20
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

By the way have you been properly welcomed to the board yet?

I'll have our New Member Liaison Officer, the estimable Mack , select an appropriate welcoming gift to make you feel at home. Do you have a favourite colour?