Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : England v. Australia 1st Ashes Test

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Default England v. Australia 1st Ashes Test

This has turned out to be a cliffhanger.

Looked like England hadn’t scored enough in the first innings. Then had the Aussies on the rack until Ashton Agar and Phil Hughes put on 163 runs for the last wicket. With the rest of the Aussie side only being able to put together 117 runs between them. Agar could have been out stumped early on but wasn’t and England seemed to relax with the last pair at the wicket. For some reason Finn seemed intent on bowling short and paid the price. This last wicket stand put the Aussies back in the game.

The wicket seems tricky to bat on and England in their second innings have meandered along, although now have a decent lead of 261 runs with Bell and Broad still at the crease. It remains to be seen how many runs England can accumulate, but I think it will be difficult starting batting again afresh tomorrow morning.

If England can get to around 300 runs ahead that might be enough on a wicket that should offer plenty for Swann. But I wouldn’t put anything past Pup Clarke and it will only take a few of the other 10 to stay with him for long enough to accumulate the runs.

All in all it’s been a fascinating Test so far full of twists and turns and controversial incidents.

I just watched the latest one involving Stuart Broad being given not out after edging the ball to Clarke at first slip via Haddin’s gloves. Broad had some neck standing there waiting be given out and I couldn’t understand why Aleem Dar didn’t raise the finger. Obviously Broad must have taken lessons in sportsmanship from some Aussies in the past. It’s been claimed that Broad should have walked, well he did up the wicket to have a chat with Bell.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings as who knows what’s going to happen.

P.S. Forgot. What about the ball from Anderson that cleaned Clarke out? Another one might be needed second time round.

Last edited by Frankie : 07-12-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
ferocious (07-13-2013), foz (07-12-2013), penetrator (07-13-2013)