Old 01-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
Elvis

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Thumbs up golf and money

hi guys
my hotel is now sorted i will learn about bars on this site .
but could you tell me about daytime is it worth taking golf clubs and the cost of playing and how far away. also how much cash do you think you need for time in pattaya .also i am staying in bangkok 6 days do you think it would be better to spend less time there and hit pattaya sooner i am in pattaya in feb
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
smullenpe

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul4861 View Post
hi guys
my hotel is now sorted i will learn about bars on this site .
but could you tell me about daytime is it worth taking golf clubs and the cost of playing and how far away. also how much cash do you think you need for time in pattaya .also i am staying in bangkok 6 days do you think it would be better to spend less time there and hit pattaya sooner i am in pattaya in feb
Depending on how long is your vacation, I wouldn't take a clubs unless you are staying there for longer than a month. I don't think it pays to lug around more than you really need. If you want to play golf, you can always rent a set. Granted it's not your customed made clubs but game should be about the same.
paul4861 (01-21-2007)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #3
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

The best way to play golf in Thailand is to join one of the social clubs. In Pattaya the Haven Hotel, soi 13, Lewiinski's Bar, soi 13/2, Pattaya Sports Club, Shenanigans on 2nd Rd, or a little beer bar at the bottom of soi 8 all have regular games.

These guys sort your tee times, arrange transport (the courses can be as much as an hour out of town), and can hire you clubs cheaper than the courses, plus get you a discount on the course. The courses are targeted largely at the Japanese/Korean market, so if you pay full price it can be expensive.

There is also a guy named Callum who runs a company called Solar Golf. I can give you his email if you want it. He'll organise as many games as you want at discounted rates.

By all means bring your clubs, but be mindful of your baggage allowance. The hire clubs are usually pretty good.

Pm me if you want more info. Sorry, my ISP is down today, I'll give some links to the social clubs and their scedules later if you like.
Fork Handles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fork Handles For This Useful Post:
paul4861 (01-21-2007)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

To answer your other question.....a few days in Bkk is fine if you want to see the temples, snake farm, Royal Palace, Kanchanaburi, whatever. Otherwise two days is plenty, get to Pattaya quicksmart.

You can have a good time on 5000b a day. If you play golf, double that figure. Allow a bit more cos its your first time and you'll get stung. Avoid "survey takers" near the Royal Garden shopping mall.
Carry a stick to bash the Indian tailors.

Have you sorted a taxi from the airport? Much easier to use one of the Pattaya taxis than taking one from the airport and expecting him to know the way to the hotel.
Fork Handles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fork Handles For This Useful Post:
paul4861 (01-21-2007)
Old 01-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
Elvis

Advanced Member

Shouts:

thanks to you all get the message will only stay in bkk 2 days now pattaya here i come ready or not . it feels like i am being feb to the lions but i dont care bring it on .let the party begin 19th feb
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #6
zog

Shouts:

I have never played in my life but a friend told me it's best to join the Pattaya sports club and get discounted rates and reckons a days golf in low season is about 1000B, although another friend told me he was charged 3000B by a person organising golf trips.
zog is offline   Reply With Quote