Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : Mayweather and Hatton Part 2 ????

Old 12-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
Capt Magoo

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Send a message via Skype™ to Capt Magoo
Default Mayweather and Hatton Part 2 ????

I personally think Hatton should put his crosshairs on Pacquiao...... Mayweather totally dominated him in the first fight and I don't see how it could get any better for him.

LONDON (AP) - Ricky Hatton has been approached by Floyd Mayweather Jr. — the only boxer to beat him in an 11-year career — about a rematch.

"Hatton is considering his options at the moment," Gareth Williams, the British boxer's lawyer, told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "We need to sit down and talk to all parties to consider what is best for Hatton."

Mayweather has been out of the ring since stopping Hatton in the 10th round last December.

The 30-year-old Hatton (45-1, 32 KOs) hired Mayweather's father, Floyd Sr., to help him defend his IBO light welterweight title against Paul Malignanni last month in Las Vegas.

While Hatton's priority is a bout with Manny Pacquiao, who beat Oscar De La Hoya earlier this month, no contracts have been signed.

"Every light-welterweight in the world wants to fight Hatton," Williams said. "We've had approaches from everybody. We've also had approaches from people at 130 lbs (59 kilograms), Juan (Manuel) Marquez and Juan Diaz both want to fight him. He is a massive draw and can fight where he wants.

"But the fight we want to make, our preference, is Manny Pacquiao because we think that is a great fight. Ricky has made no secret of the fact he wants to take on the best and Pacquiao is regarded as the best. We're more than happy to make that fight but it has got to be on acceptable terms."

Hatton has been thinking about a rematch with Mayweather.

"I'd like to fight Floyd Jr. again," Hatton said in October. "I think he'll come out of retirement after the De La Hoya-Pacquiao fight. Floyd is all about controversy and he'll want to come out and do it."

The 55-year-old Mayweather Sr., who is estranged from his son, would have no qualms about training Hatton for a fight.

"Does Floyd give me any money? That answers your question about who I will train," he said.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

i'd like to see pacquiao fight mayweather jnr , can't see hatton getting past 6 rnds with pacquiao and was soundly beaten by mayweather so re-match is no go for me
Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Mirkwood

Macks 5k club

Shouts:

Yeah I think a rematch will end Hatton. He won't beat FM.Jr in this life.
Mirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 AM   #4
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

It was'nt much of a match before, a rematch would go the same way. Whether you like Mayweather or not, no one can deny he is a class act and too much for Hatton.
old crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
Thebomb

liddle bit poster nearly non poster

Shouts:

the biggest pay day will be a pacman v pretty boy fight..........and thats what its all about..........i can see that happening next yr.....i dont think mayweather will come out of retirement to go over old ground and box hatton
Thebomb is offline   Reply With Quote