Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Thailand Forum : Pattaya to Cambodia visa run

Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #11
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Thanks Soi 2 and Gonzo.

My mates a non-smoker, so maybe you snouters are just more sociable. I just thought it odd that that a mini bus of blokes, going to the same place, to do the same thing would all blank each other.
There again if its Pattaya related anything is possible.

As Confucious once said: "Pattaya? You couldnt fuckin make it up."
Frankie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #12
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I did one once and was so fucked I couldn't rather than wouldn't converse, I assume many are the same
Old 03-01-2010, 01:40 AM   #13
bkp

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Did a run yesterday using 5 Star Visa out of The Sportsman restaurant on Soi 13. Third trip with them and always satisfied.

2500 baht. All paperwork done for you. When you book the trip you bring two photo's of yer head, sign all the forms you need to sign and the agent takes care of the rest. Complimentary breakfast at 6a.m. and includes bottle of water. Van departs at 6:45. 7 passengers, 6 individual luxury seats, one passenger in front next to the driver. Headphones for the movies, otherwise can barely hear the volume (thumbs up).

3 1/2 hour drive to Ban Laem. Lots of shopping on both sides of the border. Bought a box of Kamagra gels (50 count) for 1750 baht. Ciggies cheap as well. About an hour processing time. Effortless on the customers part, just wait until they hand you your passport then back across the bridge to Thailand.

Cold lunch served once back across the border. Sandwich, potato salad, dinosaur eggs, cake, bottled water, can of juice, some candies and a towelette.

3 1/2 hours back to Pattaya. Not a bad trip but the travelling can seem long. Don't do it with a hangover. Was out drinking til 2a.m. the night before. Up at 5 for the trip and it made for a rough day.
Took a pocketful of 1 baht coins to toss at the kids panhandling at the border. They are pretty funny. Give them a coin and they run off, come back a few minutes later begging again like you had never seen them before.

Driver makes a couple of pit stops each way. Long enough for a piss, drink and smoke. No hurry on the stops, take all the time you need really.

Fill out a critique sheet and get a coupon for a free drink upon arrival back to the Sportsman. Got back right at 3p.m. So about an 8 hour trip in all. I like the van with the individual large seats with armrests and plenty of space to move around, so not sitting right next to someone or packed in like sardines.

Last edited by bkp : 03-01-2010 at 01:46 AM.
bkp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bkp For This Useful Post:
Frankie (03-02-2010), roamer (03-01-2010), Winston_Churchill (03-02-2010)