Old 03-11-2011, 03:26 AM   #31
Freak

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Jimmy

Ive never stayed at seaside, but Ive heard nothing bad about it and friends have stayed there before.
Soi 3 location is OK, Ive stayed at BJ Hotel (soi 3)before.
Never stayed at Drucken duck before, But Lolitas is in the same soi and I go there a few times a week.
That area is about the middle of town.

Dont stress about where to stay ! its easy to move on to another place if you are unhappy. Infact I suggest you only book in to somewhere for 2 nights and look around at other places when there.

I reckon you should go to BKK for a few days on the way in or out lots to see there and you may never get this chance again.

dan
Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 AM   #32
jimmycricket

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Yeah you are probably right about seeing Bangkok as well for 2 or 3 days. What sights or places do you recommend in BKK? They can be monger places or just good ol family fun type of sights too (after all i need to take atleast a few pictures that arnt of girls to show friends back home haha).
Old 03-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #33
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

My thoughts on both places...

Seaside Guesthouse
http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=8247

Drunken Duck
http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=8277

Both were adequate. Drunken Duck seems to have been spruced up a bit since I stayed. Depends when you're going and how much you want to pay ? Up to you.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #34
thailearner

Advanced Member

Shouts:

For a Newbie I would say the Drunken Duck may be your better option.
As the owners as members of other Pattaya boards they are decent chaps and will give you advice or suggestions while you are staying there.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #35
jimmycricket

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Ya I just plan on getting to Patty and just going with the flow and finding a room there thats nice. Plus I like to bargain so maybe ill save a few baht by getting the room face to face.

As for my spots I got a feeling i am just going to check a lil of each area out. Lil of soi 6, lil walking street, lil LK Metro and w/e else that pops up :D.

I do think though I am leaning towards a hotel with a pool :D.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #36
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycricket View Post
Lol Freak 10k baht a day sure would be one hell of a time. But ill prob be going more like 2500-4000 baht a day instead
ummmm then you aren't gonna be shagging any stunners fella.
you'll need to get by eating at street carts and drinking beer from the 7-11's to get by on a budget of under 4k a day sorry to shatter any illusions you may have.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #37
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Ya I just plan on getting to Patty and just going with the flow and finding a room there thats nice. Plus I like to bargain so maybe ill save a few baht by getting the room face to face.
I'd suggest booking somewhere for the first couple of nights. So you can dump your bags and have a more relaxed look about. But really do you want to get up in the boiling hot daytime and trail round a load of rooms ? For all the time you're going to spend doing that and money you're going to save I'd just book something before you go.

Sorry if I've missed it in this thread but when are you thinking of going ? You might be able to bargain some places down in low season. But the places mentioned in this thread are pretty popular. I wouldn't think they'll budge much on price. In fact I'd think you'd be lucky to get a room without booking if its not low season.

Quote:
I do think though I am leaning towards a hotel with a pool :D.
I like a place with a pool these days, Opey is ok have a look at their website. When I've stayed at places without a pool I quite liked the beach. Bit more of a breeze than sitting round a concrete pool and bit more going on.

As for your budget of between 2.5 to 4k I'd say for a short holiday if you're going out every night the higher end of the range - 4k should pretty much cover it. Although I suppose it depends what you like doing and where you want to go.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #38
jimmycricket

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins View Post
ummmm then you aren't gonna be shagging any stunners fella.
you'll need to get by eating at street carts and drinking beer from the 7-11's to get by on a budget of under 4k a day sorry to shatter any illusions you may have.
I dont see why not. Shouldent I expect to pay about a 600 barfine and 2-3k for a good one at agogo? (i realise you can get em for less i am just figuring high) Then 1000-2000 for random chicks?

Im going to fuck the best I can find. If my budgets too low ill just get more $. But from all the reading I have done on Pattaya it sounds like 2500-4000 is plenty to get 1 or 2 chicks a day.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #39
jimmycricket

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soi 2 View Post
I'd suggest booking somewhere for the first couple of nights. So you can dump your bags and have a more relaxed look about. But really do you want to get up in the boiling hot daytime and trail round a load of rooms ? For all the time you're going to spend doing that and money you're going to save I'd just book something before you go.

Sorry if I've missed it in this thread but when are you thinking of going ? You might be able to bargain some places down in low season. But the places mentioned in this thread are pretty popular. I wouldn't think they'll budge much on price. In fact I'd think you'd be lucky to get a room without booking if its not low season.

I like a place with a pool these days, Opey is ok have a look at their website. When I've stayed at places without a pool I quite liked the beach. Bit more of a breeze than sitting round a concrete pool and bit more going on.

As for your budget of between 2.5 to 4k I'd say for a short holiday if you're going out every night the higher end of the range - 4k should pretty much cover it. Although I suppose it depends what you like doing and where you want to go.
I leave for Pattaya this tuesday and you are probably right about booking a room for the first night or two. After all it is a very long flight.

As for what I will be doing. If I am beat I will just be relaxing by the pool or beach or sleeping lol. Then go out trolling for chicks at the bars n gogos and w/e. Find one I like and get it on. Sometimes ST sometimes LT depends on the place and the girl. I dont drink much, my beers really wont be a big cost.

For food I dont really care TBH. Sure I wanna get a couple high quality meals while I am there (i love thai food). But usually I dont care if I just eat lil buffets or w/e. Pretty much I am just a easy good dude, going on vacation wanting to bang some broads.

Some days ill feel like finding the hottest chick I can and wont mind spending that few extra baht. Other days Ill be cool just finding a decent budget banger chick for 1000-1500 :D (maybe less lol).

Anyways you guys have been great with all the tips and advice. Really appreciate it :). Hope to see some of ya there.
Frankie (03-13-2011), soi 2 (03-12-2011), Winston_Churchill (03-12-2011)
Old 03-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #40
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Cool, sounds like a decent plan of attack to me. Have a good trip.
jimmycricket (03-12-2011)