Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : Rangers in real crisis now

Old 06-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old crust View Post
I know I'm in a minority south of the border, but I would allow Rangers into the English leagues. What about taking over Colwyn Bay? Swap one non English team for another.
The Bury proposal was rejected by the Bury board and later denied by Rangers. But it would be great if it could happen. As things stand it is total uncertainty as to where the team, or what's left of it, will play next year.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
ROLAND

Shouts:

Groundsharing at Parkhead at this rate
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
soi 2 (06-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #13
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

John Brown's speech outside Ibrox. Who owns Rangers ? Is Craig Whyte still involved ? Who knows ? The saga rolls on...

http://a.yfrog.com/img542/7771/6h0.mp4

Interview with Bomber Brown !

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/108240-r...eparate-newco/

Last edited by soi 2 : 06-28-2012 at 12:19 AM.
soi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

The governing bodies try and get Rangers into Division 1...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293

but 75% of teams need to agree, so 2 objections and that's a non starter. Falkirk, Raith and Greenock Morton set to object. So is it going to be Divison 3 ? Who knows.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Officially no more SPL football...

http://www.rangerstv.tv/viewfree.php...r=236678734985

Fair enough but now the SPL have tried to bully the other teams into Rangers going into the First Division. They realise the loss of TV revenue and don't want a divison three scenario threatening to create a SPL 2...

http://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2012/07/04/4137/

Chairman Donald Findlay added – “Speaking for myself, and myself alone, it is clear to me that people at the highest levels of our game have tried to hold a gun to my head and the heads of my colleagues. That will never work. But I have a long memory and will not forget what they tried to do and the way they tried to bend me, and this Club, to their will. That will never be allowed to happen”

Bring on Divison Three, let's do it !

roamer (07-06-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #16
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

SFA refusing to release players contracts too. Are they not aware of employment law?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #17
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

These Rangers players, some of whom have been out for lengthy injury spells or had hefty payments when re-signing contracts last summer. Like Naismith and Davis, might have had the decency to be sold but they've gone for every last penny for themselves. I don't blame them for that, as it's a short career. But, what pisses us off here is they're saying Rangers are not the same club. For that and that alone... they are rats, who will never be forgiven. It is the same club just a different holding company... complicated lol
Old 07-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Well tomorrow is supposed to be the big day when the SFL clubs decide if Rangers go into Division 1 or Division 3. There has been huge pressure put on them to agree to Division 1 so Rangers can hopefully get straight back into the SPL and save the Sky TV deal. If they don't vote for the Divison 1 proposal the threat is to create a SPL second division and freeze them out. Again so Rangers can get back in one year. I feel sorry for these clubs.

If Rangers should go to Division 3... this is what the bottom tier of Scottish league football looks like for those of you unfamiliar with it.

Scottish football has a strange league set up with big junior teams, semi professional outfits, getting higher gates than the bottom tier of the SFL league.

I don't care anymore. No European football for three years anyway. Lets go to division three and watch the rest of them suffer.

The ripples have already started...

The current uncertainty within Scottish Football surrounding central sponsorship money has put St.Mirren Football Club at risk of having to make severe cost cuts across the whole football club in the immediate future.

As announced by the Board last week, the Club could face a revenue drop in the coming season forecast to be in the region of as much as £400k to £600k should the SFL member clubs vote only to allow the Newco Rangers to enter the league hierarchy in the bottom tier. The SFL clubs will meet this Friday to vote on the issue.

At worst the board of directors have told the fans and shareholders of the club that it could be faced with offloading star players, making forced redundancies or even facing administration if costs cannot be cut sufficiently to meet with reduced income from central sponsorships.

This level of uncertainty has also postponed our own planned purchase of the majority shareholding of the football club. We are unable at present to proceed with our offer but similarly we do not want to stand idly by and watch the football club we love struggle to meet it's obligations, or lose key staff, due entirely to a crisis that was not of it's own making.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #19
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

Gonna be a massive shock having such a one sided league if you go into the 3rd Division
soi 2 (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Gonna be a massive shock having such a one sided league if you go into the 3rd Division
LMAO

I'll miss the Old Firm games though !