Old 02-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
beforeidie

Shouts:

Question Planning my first trip

Hi all,

I've been doing some reading around about these soapy massages and really want to take a trip to thailand to experience one. Can you recommend a good itinerary for a week?

I'm not a smoker or a drinker but wouldn't mind some boating or golfing or the like to pass the time - can't spend all my time at the soapies afterall.

How much will I have to budget for a week? I'm trying to keep it under £1000 all-in if possible.

thanks in advance.
beforeidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
techno kev

Advanced Member

Shouts:

more like £1500-£2000 for a week in pattaya pal or do you mean £1000 for hotel and spending money after you have paid for the flight in advance ?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
beforeidie

Shouts:

That's basically what I was trying to figure out - I'm currently in the middle east until June, so I can get a cheaper flight from here if I go now, either in March or May will cost about £300-350.

I've checked out some hotels in pattaya that are all about £20-25 per night - with a swimming pool and a jacuzzi and within walking distance to the big C. so estimate £175-200 for accomodation leaving about £500 - enough for leisure activities for the week?

I have no idea about food or other travel. I could hire a bike as I read they are really cheap.

OR.....

then I hold off and wait till Oct/Nov when I will be back in UK - flights will be more expensive as will the accomodation... but is that a better time to go? Is March or May not worth it?

thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to beforeidie For This Useful Post:
tommiecoughlin (02-10-2011)
Old 02-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
tommiecoughlin

Advanced Member

Shouts:

tommiecoughlin is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the board....there are plenty of guest houses for less than you're ready to pay that are pretty nice...they just lack the pool...then you can save that extree money for the girls..just check the otel section for some ideas.

March or May would be a great time to go...as a matter of fact...no time is a bad time to go...have fun.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

March or May will be hot but sunny pretty much all the time, October/November will have a lot more rain generally.

£500 spending money for a week You could do it no problem but you'd be watching the satang every day and I'd look to rule soapies out of your itinerary as if you're going to be on a tight budget you can get more bang for your buck elsewhere. Mind you you say you don't drink and that's always my greatest expense (I easily blow £500 a week on booze alone in Pattaya). A soapie a day in Pattaya will cost you upwards of £265 over a week even if you don't tip and just nurse a bottle of water whilst making your selection. Not a lot left over for evening entertainment out of your £500 after that, booze or no booze.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #6
beforeidie

Shouts:

awesome - so I think I am going to try to go Mar/May for sure then.

I think a soapy a day should be more than enough. The prices Ive seen online are all about 2000/session - and I have to try two girls at least once so I guess I should allow for more spending money. I do like the idea of accomodation with a pool and jacuzzi as it gives me something to do when Im not getting soaped down. Any chance of meeting nice girls in the jacuzzis? ;-)
Old 02-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeidie View Post
Any chance of meeting nice girls in the jacuzzis? ;-)
It's the only reason I book jacuzzi rooms

Try and branch out a bit while you're there, don't get me wrong, I love a good soapie as much as the next bloke but they get a bit formulaic after a while. A couple of soapies will be plenty in a week. Get yourself down soi 6, the preferred daytime activity of most of us on here, much cheaper and you can start auditionng for jacuzzi companions.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
techno kev

Advanced Member

Shouts:

i tend to get away with spending about 5000 baht a day but i rarely bother with soapies or afternoon short time bars,i'm usually still in bed till about 3pm after being in the disco's etc till dawn breaks,i couldn't imagine being in pattaya without drinking,i haven't came across many t-total lads in thailand b4 !
Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno kev View Post
i couldn't imagine being in pattaya without drinking,i haven't came across many t-total lads in thailand b4 !
I'd done almost 3 years on the wagon until the wheels came off in Pattaya one day. Paying the same price (or more!) in a gogo for a bottle of water as my mates were paying for a beer was the final straw
Richie (02-12-2011)
Old 02-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
beforeidie

Shouts:

There must be something else to do surely... I have to take family-friendly pics while Im there...

So it sounds like I should only be thinking of going to the soapy about three times - a single, then a double, and finish off with another single before I return...

is it worth spending a day or two in bangkok?