Old 11-23-2007, 04:20 AM   #11
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I'm staying in Soi 8 at the moment and must admit that the area has come on leaps and bounds since I last ventured down the Soi. As the OP says, there are loads of massage places with some really cute girls and even an oil massage 2 hour outcall to your hotel is to be had for anywhere between 600-1,200 Baht. It's certainly a better choice of girls, in both the looks and attitude departments, than what you typically get over the road in Soi 7. Soi 8 itself has a half-decent choice of restaurants and bars on your doorstep and some decent hotels are opening up in the area. I'm staying at the Adelphi Suites which opened earlier this month and it is excellent value for the facilities and location (reminds me of the Majestic Grand on Soi 2 in the decor).

http://www.adelphisuites.com/z1036/promotions.html
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tom For This Useful Post:
smullenpe (11-23-2007)
Old 11-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #12
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Tom, I had a look at the Adelphi website a couple of weeks back and it looks ok. What type of room have you got? Looks like the sort of place I would'nt mind staying in one time with the mrs?
On second thought perhaps not? its rather too close to one of my favourite establishments in the sub soi between soi 8 and soi 6
Simie.
simie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:00 PM   #13
ROLAND

Shouts:

That looks a top notch place to stay and far superior to shitholes like the Nana.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:00 PM   #14
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simie View Post
Tom, I had a look at the Adelphi website a couple of weeks back and it looks ok. What type of room have you got? Looks like the sort of place I would'nt mind staying in one time with the mrs?
On second thought perhaps not? its rather too close to one of my favourite establishments in the sub soi between soi 8 and soi 6
Simie.
Simie,

I am in a one-bed executive apartment (separate living room and kitchen) at 3,499 Baht a night but if I booked again I would opt for the studio and save myself a grand. The studios at 2,499 Baht are as good as, if not better, than the executive deluxe rooms at the Majestic Grande but almost 2 grand cheaper.

The price may seem a bit steep but the way I look at it is that I have got myself a top-notch freelancer who is more than happy with 1,500 Baht a day so I would probably spend more if I stayed at the Nana and pulled a bird out of one of GoGos (taking into account barfines, LDs etc etc). Staying in a studio makes it an absolute no-brainer.

With Lolitas less than a 3 min stroll around the corner and Nana BTS less than 5 mins away the location is hard to beat. The Soi 8 Bar with live music is opposite the hotel as is the excellent Pia Pai Italian restaurant.

Last edited by tom : 11-30-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:40 PM   #15
yusamile

Advanced Member

Shouts:

yusamile is an unknown quantity at this point

I Like Linda Jenny and Nam,....i think they're triplets, love to get them 3 together.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #16
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Tom, as you say excellent location and a nice place. I think in Bangkok serviced apartments often offer far better value than hotels. As you said you pay far more for hotel of the same standard room and in the hotel the room is usually far smaller. I like having a kitchen as well, like to make a bit of breakfast in the room.
Simie.
simie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #17
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Simie,

I normally stay at the Somerset Lake Point Apartments on Sukhumvit Soi 16. Booking through http://www.ratestogo.com you can usually get a suite for under 2,000 Baht or a one bedroom apartment for around 2,500 Baht. Not as good a location as the Adelphi but ideal if you have a TG along with you.