Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : Rangers in real crisis now

Old 01-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #141
WankingWodger

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old crust View Post
Berwick Rangers play in Scotland, and I remember Gretna being in the English leagues. I hope a way can be found to help Rangers play down here.
I don't , prefer them to play in Kazakstan
Old 01-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #142
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

As much chance of playing in Kazakstan as in England it seems. Talk of an escape bid from Scottish football is wishful thinking I'm afraid.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #143
Pentire

Advanced Member

Shouts:

For a long time now Scottish football has been dying a death with the old firm games being the only meaningful fixtures and then for the SFA to exact that type of punishment on Rangers was a massive faux pas IMO.
I know the principle was correct and if it was any other team outside of the two Glasgow giants no one would have battered an eyelid but to destroy any outside/International interest in the Scottish game and eliminate a vital stream of substantial income was just so wrong.

With the latest restructure hopefully Rangers shall push hard to resign from the SFA & join one of the English lower leagues with its long term ambition being a place in the Premier League south of the border, that would create some mouth wartering fixtures with Celtic certain to join them within a few years.
Pentire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pentire For This Useful Post:
soi 2 (01-13-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #144
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Sad to see complaints about Remembrance Day events at Rangers, what a strange country we live in, where something like this generates complaints...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...randed-1558062

MILITARY chiefs have criticised Remembrance Day events organised by Rangers.

Top brass branded the half-time parade during a match against Peterhead in November as inappropriate.

Fans watched Royal Marines abseil from the stadium roof and a howitzer was fired from the trackside to signal a minute’s silence.

But following complaints, Major General Nick Eeles, General Officer Commanding Scotland, met Navy and RAF chiefs and they agreed to ban a repeat.

Instead, he has said just a minute’s silence would be a more appropriate way to mark the contribution of those who served in the two world wars and other conflicts.

In a letter to one person who complained, the Army secretariat wrote: “The General Officer Commanding Scotland has now had the opportunity to review the events that took place at Ibrox Park with the other service heads in Scotland.

"They share your view that the format of the half-time event and the conduct of those taking part in it was inappropriate for Remembrance weekend and will take steps to ensure that such events are conducted with appropriate solemnity in the future.

“They believe that the minute’s silence before the match was the correct way to mark the occasion and Army commanders will be directed to restrict future Remembrance events to this type of activity in the future.

“The focus of Remembrance activities must be on the fallen, not on those who are serving in the Armed Forces today.”

More than 400 members of the Army, Navy and RAF were invited to Ibrox as guests of honour.

Veterans supported by Erskine Hospital were applauded by the 48,407 crowd.

Rangers players wore special poppy strips during the match and fans displayed a poppy mosaic before kick-off. Servicemen were given footballs by subs from both sides and took part in a half-time kick-about.

But in future, servicemen will only be allowed to participate in a minute’s silence during Remembrance weekend.

The Ibrox parade was organised by the Rangers Charity Foundation to raise cash for ex-servicemen and their families.

The club have regularly honoured the Armed Forces on match days over the years. In 2009, they welcomed marines from 45 Commando on to the pitch at half-time against Hearts after the troops finished a tour of Afghanistan.

Scots Guardsman Gary Jamieson, who lost both legs in Afghanistan, was guest of honour during a match in 2010.

A spokeswoman for the Army said: “Half-time events such as this one will no longer happen at Remembrance Day matches and we apologise if anyone was offended by what they felt was inappropriate behaviour.

“Those from the Army who attended the match were invited as a thank you from the club as they wanted to show support for the job they do and raise money for Poppy Scotland.”

A Rangers spokesman said the club have a close relationship with the services and will continue to mark Remembrance Day with proper respect.

He said: “No one from any of the Forces has been in contact with us other than to thank us for our support and help.

“Our Remembrance event proved to be the single largest memorial event in Scotland last year."
Old 01-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #145
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

On a lighter note... Dundee United fans plan to wear Craig Whyte masks in the upcoming match that Rangers fans are boycotting.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...united-1552600

RANGERS fans have accused Dundee United supporters of trying to spark trouble by wearing Craig Whyte masks during their Scottish Cup clash next month.

An Arabs fan group have created replica faces of the shamed former Ibrox owner in a bid to poke fun at the Division Three club a week on Saturday.

But John McMillan, Rangers Supporters Association general secretary, slammed the stunt as provocative and liable to lead to violence.

The Ibrox club are boycotting the fixture but around 200 Gers fans are expected to defy the ban and attend the clash.

However, McMillan insists the masks are not funny and urged the Tayside club to ensure their is no goading of any Rangers fans who travel.

He said: “I was anticipating the United supporters doing something but I didn’t think they would stoop to this.

“It’s out of order and Dundee United as a club should do all they can to prevent their fans from carrying this threat through.

“The majority of Rangers fans will not be at the game and observe the boycott but unfortunately I’m certain some of them will go to Tannadice so this is a recipe for trouble.

“It’s inflammatory to wear these masks and it’s disgraceful to even be thinking about it.

“This game is already raised tensions and I fear any move to mock our support could have serious consequences.”

United supporters club the A90 Arab Society are behind the masks. They posted on their Facebook page: “In tribute to the nemesis of the now defunct Glasgow Rangers we want 10,000 Arabs wearing a Craig Whyte mask at the Sevco Scottish Cup game.”

The post has been removed and vice-chairman of the Federation of Dundee United Supporters Clubs Scott Innes insists it’s a bit of harmless fun.

He said: “It’s just a wee bit of jovial banter that’s just done as a wee bit of a wind-up to Rangers fans. I don’t think it’s intended to cause any problems.

“They are meant to be boycotting anyway and I think the ones that are coming are just making mountains out of molehills. I don’t think there’s any ulterior motive.”

United fan Billy Hoon insisted that wearing the masks would be in the name of good humour and hit out at Rangers supporters who are refusing to attend in protest as United’s stance of refusing their club to be voted into the SPL last summer.

He said: “Rangers are being a bit naive doing this boycott.

“If they were playing Celtic there would be no problems because they would want to go to that. The masks are just a laugh. I don’t see any harm in it.”

Dundee United director Derek Robertson distanced his club with the stunt but admitted it will be discussed during a pre-match meeting with police.

He said: “This page is unconnected to the club and we therefore have no control over the content.

“It does not appear to be a serious attempt to organise such a display or to deliberately cause a safety issue.

“However, as we have already organised a meeting between supporters’ groups, our safety officers and the police to discuss all aspects of this match, I expect the matter will be raised then.”
WankingWodger (01-27-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #146
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

The MP for Bradford West... an IRA, PLO, Saddam Hussein lover... the one and only Mr George Galloway.. has tabled this

http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/913

RANGERS TAX LIABILITIES

Session: 2012-13
Date tabled: 14.01.2013
Primary sponsor: Galloway, George
Sponsors: Campbell, Ronnie Hopkins, Kelvin McGovern,

That this House notes that the owners of the club now playing in the Scottish Third Division called Rangers claim that it is the same club with the same history as the liquidated club also known as Rangers; further notes that 14 million in VAT and PAYE was withheld in the run-up to administration by the previous Rangers; further notes that the club is now cash-rich through a share issue which raised in excess of 20 million; condemns the use of insolvency laws to avoid paying tax owed; and calls on the Government to take steps to reclaim the outstanding monies from Rangers and to bring forward legislative proposals to prevent clubs and companies sidestepping their liabilities through liquidation and then carrying on trading with effectively the same name and in exactly the same business.

Do the constituents of Bradford West give a fuck about a Scottish football club ?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #147
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Having watched Bradford City in their recent cup games on the tele', I didn't see any evidence from the crowd scenes that the locals of Bradford West give a fuck about their own club.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #148
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Rangers victory ! Lord Nimmo's verdict is in.

No titles stripped and still.... the most successful football club in the world. 54 league titles.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/r...ng-on-rangers/

Last edited by soi 2 : 02-28-2013 at 10:17 PM.
soi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soi 2 For This Useful Post:
KeeNeow (03-02-2013), roamer (03-05-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #149
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Hi

This cuts from their Interim Results, which were out yesterday :

Season ticket sales in excess of 38,000, one of the highest levels of season ticket sales achieved by any UK club

· Average home league attendance of 45,363 during the period; fifth highest ranking UK football attendance

· New retail arrangement signed with the UK's largest sports retailer, Sports Direct

· New kit manufacturer agreement signed with one of the world's leading sport-lifestyle brands, Puma

· New shirt sponsor, Blackthorn Cider, for season 2013/14

· Acquisition of the Albion car park and Edmiston House for future ventures to enhance match day experience in January 2013"

"Charles Green, CEO of Rangers, commented "This has been a significant period in the Club's history, in which vital steps were taken to ensure the survival and rebuilding of one of the UK's most venerable football institutions. The priority for the Company to date has been to stabilise the business and put in place solid financial foundations for the future. To this end, revenue streams have been enhanced, and costs cut. In addition, important strategic steps have been taken, such as the agreements now in place with Sports Direct, Puma and Blackthorn Cider. These achievements have been made whilst retaining the important fabric and structure of the Club.

"We will continue to execute our growth plan, and investors and supporters can have confidence in the development of operations as the Club progresses. Undoubtedly, challenges lie ahead but the Club is now well equipped to meet them successfully. Above all, the Club and its supporters are resolute in the belief that, both on and off the pitch, Rangers can look to the future with confidence and pride."

I noticed investors who bought in 7 months or so ago have done OK.
Shares issued at 70p, now trading around the 79 p mark, after having touched 93p or so late Dec/early Jan.

roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roamer For This Useful Post:
soi 2 (03-05-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #150
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

"The MP for Bradford West... an IRA, PLO, Saddam Hussein lover... the one and only Mr George Galloway.. has tabled this..."

I guess there are no more pressing problems in Bradford for him to address than snipe at laws that Parliament itself passed.

They( politicians) don`t object when those same laws work in favour of their friends and supporters.

Chicken feed compared to :

"The final cost of the Scottish Parliament building was £414.4m."

When the London Houses of Parliament were refurbed, it seems that it was not possible to have trees and plants from the UK used, they had to be imported, at great expense.

More recently :
"Under one proposal, the Commons would abandon its Victorian premises and set up temporary home at the Queen Elizabeth II conference centre, about half a mile away, to enable a £3bn refurbishment."

£3 billion.

A more two faced bunch of tossers than politicians it would be almost impossible to find.
roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roamer For This Useful Post:
gonzo (03-05-2013), soi 2 (03-05-2013)