Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : Rangers in real crisis now

Old 08-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #71
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Rangers at war with the SFA and SPL... here we go !

Rangers chairman, Charles Green addresses fans queuing for season tickets.

Charles Green has accused Scottish football's authorities of pursuing an agenda against Rangers.

The chief executive, addressing fans queuing to buy their season tickets on Tuesday, said he intended to continue to defend his club, even if it meant incurring the wrath of the Scottish FA.

Green is already facing a charge for claiming the decision to place Rangers in the Third Division was partly driven by “bigotry” but says he won't stop speaking his mind.

“We're not having, excuse my French, people taking the pee out of us anymore,” said Green. “It's finished.

“I will give you an example. This morning, I had a phone call from the SPL telling us we can't put our old games on the website because we don't own the archive rights.

“'And by the way, Charles, don't get angry. You shouldn't think we are being vindictive, it's just what the agreement says".

“Tell me how I took that? I was walking on the ceiling. I think there is an agenda.

“There's still battles to be won. I shan't let you down. I said to someone earlier that when everyone was against us, we stayed. People are now warming to us and we are staying.

“But if we leave fans to one side for a moment, while ever that lot are against us, I'm not leaving. There's no-one spoke for this club for three or four years. It's not had anyone standing up.

“I am going to get fined every week, I suspect, or I will get banned.”

Rangers were issued a Notice of Complaint by the Scottish FA late last week regarding Green's comments, having been accused of bringing the game into disrepute for his remarks.

He said before his side's Challenge Cup tie with Brechin City: "Some of it has been driven by bigotry, some of its been driven by jealousy and some of its been driven by all the wrong motives."

As fans queued for season tickets, Green said their contribution would directly affect the amount of money available to manager Ally McCoist to bring in new players.

"I made a promise to Ally the other day," he said. "You can't see it but there is a sign up there and I said 'While the queue for tickets is this side of that line, we will keep signing players he wants to sign for the club."

In response to Green's comments about Rangers being unable to use SPL archive footage on their website, a spokesman for the league told STV: "Rangers were indeed informed this morning that, following their exit from the SPL, they do not currently have permission to use SPL-owned media content.

"However, during that same conversation, Rangers were also invited to meet with us to discuss the future use of that content. We look forward to meeting with them."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/149577-...tish-football/

Here's a diagram for you to illustrate what Charles Green is talking about...

Bilbobaggins (08-17-2012), foz (08-17-2012), old crust (08-18-2012), roamer (08-17-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #72
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Guys if I'm boring you. Tell me to stop ! Anyway here's a little trivia fact for you... Rangers are poised to break a world record tomorrow. A record that has been held by Crystal Palace since 1961.

RANGERS are set to smash the world attendance record for a fourth-tier league match when they host East Stirling tomorrow.

The Ibrox side are confident of pulling in more than 40,000 punters for their first home Third Division fixture – which would shatter the previous highest for a fourth-tier game set by Crystal Palace in 1961.

A crowd of 37,774 watched their English Fourth Division clash with London rivals Millwall but that is expected to be dwarfed by Gers fans heading to Govan for the historic occasion.

A crowd that could be in the mid-to-high 40,000s is already being anticipated by Rangers.

And the final figure could present an embarrassment for the SPL whose combined attendance for last weekend’s five-game fixture card was 40,383.

The Ibrox club are bracing themselves for a bumper crowd and a spokesman said: “We will comfortably get past the 40,000 mark and the attendance could be in the mid-to-high 40,000s.”

Ally McCoist’s side have already smashed the 30,000 season-ticket barrier and are also threatening to better the world record attendance for a third-tier match.

That feat was achieved in 1979 as 49,655 fans turned up to watch a derby game between Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United.

Punters have been queueing at the Ibrox ticket office all week and an afternoon of history against the Shire is on the cards both on and off the park.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...medium=twitter
Bilbobaggins (08-17-2012), old crust (08-18-2012), roamer (08-18-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #73
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

It's not REALLY a fourth tier match tho is it mate?

I mean, Palace v Millwall was a genuine league match from teams in their rightful place... if you get what I mean?

btw, good luck for the season, really hope you have 3 great years and piss off them green fuckers.
soi 2 (08-17-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #74
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Well I'd say it is a fourth tier match really. Rangers are in that divison now. Actually Bill all this talk of world records etc doesn't half wind Celtic fans up lol They really don't like it ! It's great. Wonder what Palace v Millwal was like back in the 70's. Bet that was some atmosphere, better than Rangers v East Stirling that's for sure.
Bilbobaggins (08-17-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #75
foz

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Might go to the annan game next month gaz...... Few lads from doom going apparantly
soi 2 (08-17-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #76
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Enjoy the game if you do go. I'd love to go to some games but I work every weekend so it's a no-go for me.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #77
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Thanks for the info' soi 2, keep it coming, we are not getting a true account of thinned down here.
soi 2 (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #78
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Not something I`d usually follow but finding it a really interesting saga.

Keep it going and Good Luck.

roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roamer For This Useful Post:
soi 2 (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #79
ROLAND

Shouts:

Making heavy weather of it again
Old 08-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #80
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I heard it was quite funny. Charles Green came to give a quick speech and rev the place up. The atmosphere was supposedly amazing, kick off.. East Stirlingshire go up the park, get a penalty and score.. cue.. silence !

The Celtic anoraks have been busy searching for fourth tier football facts and unfortunately todays attendance isn't a world record.

http://www.soccersanchez.com/apps/bl...brazil-serie-a

It is hard to believe that a fourth tier football match anywhere in the world could attract a mass crowd to any fixture during a season, but when you hear that just under 60,000 people in Brazil took their seats for such a game you probably wont be too surprised. This was the case when in a Serie D promotion play-off between Santa Cruz and Treze.

The first leg finished 3-3 and important away goals for Santa Cruz, they had come back from 3-1 down to draw level and knew they would get huge support from their fans in the return leg. They weren't disappointed.

The official attendance was 59,966, an amazing turnout for two lower league clubs in Brazil and with the second leg finishing 0-0, it was enough for the Pernambuco side, long regarded as one of the best supported in the country.

Despite the fact Santa Cruz play in such a low division they regularly attract big crowds and are now set for the dizzy heights of Serie C. Oeste and Missaoi were also promoted.

Finished 5-1 and 2-1 back at half time so not too bad overall.

Today's victory was an attendance of 49, 118. The SPL had a combined total attendance of 32,487. I'll take that.
Bilbobaggins (08-20-2012)