Old 11-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #341
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Anybody watching the Ashes? Difficult to do in the UK unless you've got BT Sport. Highlights not even shown on Sky or terrestrial FFS. Any ideas on how to view it? Ive got a BT Landline and Broadband so got the BT App and tried to subscribe to BT Sport as an existing customer. However when I tried to buy it on-line and add to either the Landline or Broadband accounts I was declined. Reason being according to the BT shop I didn't have a Landline or Broadband account. WTF?

Anyway once Smith is out in the first over of the morning session England will be well on top and should end up with a 100+ lead by tea. Or maybe not. Been impressed with Stonemans, Vince and Milans contributions. Seems the new/newish lads did well while the Old Guard failed. Probably will go the other way next innings and neither will be able to back the other up and post a big score.
Frankie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #342
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

My mobile contract with EE comes with the BT sport app on my iPad and iPhone plus I’m on nights so got it set up at my work station

I’m sure you should get BT tv free with your package frankie is ring then
Old 11-24-2017, 10:34 PM   #343
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
My mobile contract with EE comes with the BT sport app on my iPad and iPhone plus I’m on nights so got it set up at my work station

I’m sure you should get BT tv free with your package frankie is ring then
Cheers F. Gave them a ring not long after I posted. By the time I went through the Call Centre options it was 9.02pm, so got a recorded message saying they close at 9.00pm. Fuckin wankers. Apart from audio its another Ashesless night in store.

Its a right stitch up this lark. Soon you will have to subscribe to both Sky and BT just to watch cricket and football.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:03 PM   #344
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Cheers F. Gave them a ring not long after I posted. By the time I went through the Call Centre options it was 9.02pm, so got a recorded message saying they close at 9.00pm. Fuckin wankers. Apart from audio its another Ashesless night in store.

Its a right stitch up this lark. Soon you will have to subscribe to both Sky and BT just to watch cricket and football.

My old man has BT landline and broadband and he got the tv free just had to pay a small fee for the box

And I agree it’s bad enough subscribing to one provider then another one crops up and takes some of the football/cricket/boxing
Frankie (11-24-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 03:48 AM   #345
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

I can watch it on my Mobdro app (BT Sports 1) on my old Android phone (thank you Flacky for putting me on to it). Not watching today though as Saturday is horse racing only for me. Again through Mobdro

I bought one of those Minix Neo U9-H media hubs yesterday to take with me back to the jungle. Hopefully, it works ok so can watch everything on the big telly

KeeNeow (11-26-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 07:53 PM   #346
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Should be sorted now. Got the BT App on my iPad with BT Sport and intend to use Apple Air Play to watch it on my TV. Had a trial run with the highlights and seemed OK. Picture not brilliant but good enough.

Tart at BT said as their Broadband speed was so slow in my area that the App wouldn't be much use as there would be loads of buffering and I would need BT TV!! I've already got Virgin Cable in (for Sky Sports) so I don't need another 200 channels of complete and utter shite from BT just to watch 1 channel. When I declined her kind offer and threatened to find another way round it ,the "problem" was rectified in minutes, despite initially being told it would take up to 4 days.

Anyway Smith batted well and saved the Aussies. Vince looks like he is back to where his track record puts him. Granted he did well First Innings but have no idea why he's batting at 3. Critical morning session coming up for England and maybe the time has come for Rocky's maiden ton.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
ferocious (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 03:53 AM   #347
KeeNeow

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzap View Post
I bought one of those Minix Neo U9-H media hubs yesterday to take with me back to the jungle. Hopefully, it works ok so can watch everything on the big telly
I have the same one Bazza. Works really good especially if you use ethernet cable but also will work on wifi. First thing you should do is update the system using OTA icon. Did you get it from the footymadstreams guy?
bazzap (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 06:06 AM   #348
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Complete luddite here. I get AFL via the official app on my Android phone. Its free and uses no data. But I don't know any way to watch it on a bigger screen. I bought a chromecast but the app blocks it. I've also got an android tablet which I bought primarily to use for mapping apps in the 4WD, but I've never figured it out.
Anybody got any suggestions?
Old 11-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #349
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeNeow View Post
I have the same one Bazza. Works really good especially if you use ethernet cable but also will work on wifi. First thing you should do is update the system using OTA icon. Did you get it from the footymadstreams guy?

Tom, I got it from Tukcom. 4th floor, turn left when you get off the escalator. Small shop that sells car cameras and various Android boxes.

The lady updated a lot of the apps on it while I was there including Mobdro. When I get home I will connect it and see how it goes. There are several videos on YouTube explaining how to set it up if I get into strife.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:17 PM   #350
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork Handles View Post
Complete luddite here. I get AFL via the official app on my Android phone. Its free and uses no data. But I don't know any way to watch it on a bigger screen. I bought a chromecast but the app blocks it. I've also got an android tablet which I bought primarily to use for mapping apps in the 4WD, but I've never figured it out.
Anybody got any suggestions?

Smarter blokes than me on here regarding techy stuff Forky but I screen mirror from my Samsung A7 (2015 model) to my Samsung and LG smart tvs at home. Not perfect but good enough.

I enquired in Tukcom about a direct cable link from my phone to the telly but was told my phone was not capable. Needs at least a Samsung S model phone to do that. They tried to sell me a small wi-fi device (900B) to do the job but I declined and went and bought the Android tv box instead.

As far as watching the Test match is concerned, I don't bother while I am here in Pattaya. Just keep up to date with the scores, watch the brief video highlights at the end of the days play from the Australian cricket website and then my favourite, listening to the highlights and days analysis on BBC Radio Test Match Special with Agnew, Tuffnell, Vaughn etc. Excellent listening

Last edited by bazzap : 11-26-2017 at 11:36 PM.
bazzap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bazzap For This Useful Post:
kuranda_bagman (11-27-2017)