Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : Thaksin to buy Man City?

Old 05-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadSi View Post
I can see it now Thaksin Shinawatra hires Khun Sumkunt as new manager
I can see it now, 12 go-go birds strutting their stuff at half time in the centre circle (no props as families present)
Then Winston sponsors the game and we get 12 ladyboys will all their floppy bits bouncing around

Anyways I digress, Khun Sumkunt would be better than Pearce......and Dennis Wise

Baggins...:twisted:
Bilbobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #12
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Here is some more info (or maybe just more of the same) about Thaksin trying to buy the Manchester City team. Lots of pics here of football, Thaksin with Blair, etc.:

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/show...EWS=0000002812

Updated: [May 3, 2007 ]
FOOTBALL-MAD THAKSIN IN RIVAL BID TO BUY MANCHESTER CITY FC
Thaksin Shinnawattra, who has been living in London since he was ousted from power on Sept 19, 2006, in between travelling around Asia, visiting China, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore, may soon be able to realize his fond dream of owning a major, British Premier League football club.
Thaksin is competing with a rivals American consortium for the ownership of Manchester City football club, “the Blues”. He is currently the forerunner or even “firm favourite” for ownership.

If he does manage to win control of Man City, Mr. Thaksin will join such illustrious names as Malcom Glazer (owner of Manchester United) and ,Mr Thaksin Roman Abramovich, (owner of Chelsea). Both of whom are non-native football club owners.

“The Blues” may not have the kudos or reputation of “the Red Devils”, Man. United as they are known internationally, but nevertheless they are still in the Premiership League. (Incidentally, for you sports fanatics out the Derby game between Man UTD and Man City is on Sat May 5 - kick off 12.45 pm.)

Mr. Thaksin has apparently made an indicative proposal to the board of Manchester City that may possibly lead to an offer being made for the company, according to the London Stock Exchange. An anonymous US consortium has also been made bid for the club, so Mr. Thaksin may have some stiff competition.
This will be Mr Thaksin’s second attempt to buy an English soccer team, he made a bid for Liverpool two years ago. One of the potential benefits for Man. City is the prospect of new players with Mr. haksin’s promise to spend €73.5m to buy new players from next season. He will have to offer a sum somewhere near €146.45m to win control of the club.
Taking the lead: Former Thai PM Thaksin Shinawatra, seen here meeting Tony Blair, has been given the green light to check City’s accounts)

Mr Thaksin is apparently intending to purchase Man.City purely from his own funds. His financial advisers are privy to the club’s non-disclosed accounts, and he has begun to discuss with the board ways of radically reducing the club’s massive debts of £60m.

Apart from football, Mr. Thaksin’s other major sport’s love is golf, which he has been playing avidly since the 2006 coup, in between travelling Asia. He will be well pleased at a recent coup of a different kind, having just won a unanimous vote to take over the TPGA presidency from former cabinet minister Pongsak Raktapongpisal.

Notes:
Manchester City was formed in 1894 and has spent the last four years in the Premier League. It was English champion in 1937 and 1968 and won the FA Cup four times, the last in 1969. City also won the European Cup Winners Cup in 1970 — its only international silverware.

The club moved into a new 47,500-seat stadium in 2003. The team is currently 13th in the 20-team Premier League.

While leader of Thailand, Thaksin led a 2004 attempt to buy a 30 percent stake in Liverpool. The deal was never finalized, and Liverpool was taken over by American businessmen Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. in March.

Manchester United and Aston Villa are also owned by Americans. Chelsea, West Ham, Fulham and Portsmouth are also under foreign ownership.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:57 PM   #13
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Si is making a bid for Leeds.

He found them in the bargain basement.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #14
penetrator

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Not too sure about the proposed new home and away strips.

Last edited by penetrator : 06-19-2007 at 08:55 PM.
penetrator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to penetrator For This Useful Post:
BigBadSi (05-04-2007)
Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #15
nosehair

Advanced Member

Shouts:

What a crook that Thaksin is....to have him associated with the Premier League is wrong....doesn't that Russian own Chelsea as well, his divorce has got to be the costliest one I have ever heard of....reports I read said it cost him over $1billion US to settle with his ex.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #16
Sampeng

Cheap Charlie

Shouts:

Joey barton and all his family are the bigest load of scum to come out of Liverpool. This hard man punched a 12 year boy in Bangkok.
I hope he gets sued to fuck by his latest victim.
I would recomend for him a fast car loads of beer and a great big fucking tree.
Sampeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #17
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampeng View Post
Joey barton and all his family are the bigest load of scum to come out of Liverpool. This hard man punched a 12 year boy in Bangkok.
I hope he gets sued to fuck by his latest victim.
I would recomend for him a fast car loads of beer and a great big fucking tree.
hey sampeng, never let the truth get in the way of a good story huh?
Do you know his family? do you know they are ALL bad? Fucking disgusting comments from yourself, you should be ashamed. Misinformation like that leads to bad trouble sometimes.
The kid (and yes he was a kid) was 15.
This kid had been in the same bar/restaraunt as Barton all night and had been abusing him as regards his HALF brother (whom I might add had never lived with Joey) being in jail for the despicable murder of an innocent man. No excuse for hitting the boy, but put yourself in his shoes, what would you do with a few beers inside you?
I'm a City fan, I hope that he never plays for us again, BUT, in his defence, he was right when he told Dabo that he was shite!!
Sampeng, think before you write shite like that again, or lay off the alcohol before you do.

Baggins...
Old 05-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #18
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by penetrator View Post
Not too sure about the proposed new home and away strips.
hey penetrator, I like the burgundy away strip, thats the colour of one of our best ever kits!!
Not sure about the Blackpool replica tho

Baggins...

Last edited by Bilbobaggins : 05-04-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:15 PM   #19
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosehair View Post
What a crook that Thaksin is....to have him associated with the Premier League is wrong....doesn't that Russian own Chelsea as well, his divorce has got to be the costliest one I have ever heard of....reports I read said it cost him over $1billion US to settle with his ex.
Nose, it was £150m = $300m
Cheap seeing as he is worth £10bn!!

Baggins...
Old 05-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #20
Sampeng

Cheap Charlie

Shouts:

Quote:
Sampeng, think before you write shite like that again, or lay off the alcohol before you do.
I havnt had anything to drink.
I could go on all night about what a scumbag Barton and family is.
Fucking inbread racist scum.
Now matter how much drink I have cosumed I would not punch a Everton fan who looked about 12 to me just cos of some snide coment.
It wasnt all night so get you facts right.
You might think its Ok to punch kids when your drunk.
Barton is a complete fucking twat.
Time will prove me right.
Shite like him will never change.
Sampeng is offline   Reply With Quote