Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : The Best in the World

Old 03-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
penetrator

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Great result for the Aussies in a friendly against a German side containing 4 of the players who beat them 4-0 in the World Cup, a big pat on the back
Old 03-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #12
ROLAND

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston_Churchill View Post
after we won in 66 we played the sweaties and they won, ffs they were claiming they were world champions
They even blamed a kraut for throwing that nana, why the fuck would a German want to go and see Brazil v the Jockos ?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #13
penetrator

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLAND View Post
They even blamed a kraut for throwing that nana, why the fuck would a German want to go and see Brazil v the Jockos ?
Aye, and especially why would you want to be stuck in the Brazilian end !

bigphill67 (03-30-2011), foz (03-30-2011), KeeNeow (03-30-2011), old crust (03-30-2011), ROLAND (03-30-2011), Winston_Churchill (03-30-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #14
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

It's undisputed now. The best horse in the world as of yesterday.

Black Caviar. the Best!!

"Winners at the Dubai World Cup meeting, US Breeders' Cup meeting, Hong Kong International meeting and the Arc de Triomphe have all been rated inferior to Black Caviar."

I've done a "Winnie" and started following one of our national teams now that they are winning. We beat the Krauts 2-1 in case you haven't heard. Beat the Dutchies in 2008 and how can we ever forget beating a full strength England in 2003 at Upton Park. They have never played us since.

The red wine is going down well tonight.

bazzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:34 AM   #15
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

No longer #1

Quote:
Black Caviar surpassed in world ratings
Nic Ashman
Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Champion sprinter Black Caviar has been surpassed as the world's number one racehorse following Frankel's astonishing victory in the Group I 2000 Guineas (1600m) at Newmarket on Saturday.

The Henry Cecil-trained son of Galileo strode out to a 15 length lead mid-race and maintained the pressure throughout leaving his opponents gasping for air when recording a five length victory.

The run elevated Frankel's Timeform rating to 142, the number one position in world racing.

He remains unbeaten after six starts and sits equal fourth on the all-time ratings ahead of See The Stars (140) and Mill Reef (141).

Sea Bird II remains the highest rated runner of all-time on 145.

Black Caviar achieved a rating of 135 when she smashed a quality field in the Group I Newmarket Handicap carrying topweight of 58kg.

The Peter Moody-trained mare is now rated the second best horse in the world.

Makes you wonder how they work these ratings out. Frankel seems to be a great horse but he has only had 6 starts all against his own age and is rated right up with the best ever???? Same with Black Caviar. Only had 12 starts and is unbeaten and has won 5 Group 1s but all her runs have been between 1000-1200 metres

I could reel off a list of Aussie and Kiwi horses that have far better overall records than either Frankel or Black Caviar as I am sure all the northern hemisphere blokes could as well.

Maybe some-one can explain it to me coz it certainly has me stumped.

Last edited by bazzap : 05-03-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #16
ROLAND

Shouts:

Bazza what about this one

So you think

Looks to be one you can invest your AUD on , Frankel at the moment is going to run in all the top mile races this summer and definitely not the Derby
Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #17
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLAND View Post
Bazza what about this one

So you think

Looks to be one you can invest your AUD on , Frankel at the moment is going to run in all the top mile races this summer and definitely not the Derby

SYT is by far the best horse to race in Australia in the 1400-2000 metre irange in the last year and a half. He won our premier weight for age race the Cox Plate (10f/2000m) in Oct 2009 as a 3yo and came back in our spring 2010 and in 6 starts won a Group 2 first up over 1400m followed by 4 Group 1s over 1800-2000m including another Cox Plate. All those races were weight for age. His last start in Oz was in the 2 mile/ 3200m Melbourne Cup which is a handicap. As a spring 4yo he gave weight to most of the field and ran 3rd.

Coolmore payed about $AU 40 million for him for a controlling share same as they did for Haradasun and Starspangledbanner, the aim being to win Group 1s in both hemispheres to enhance his stud value. He probably will do better at stud over there coz in Australia we favour sprinter/milers as stallions at stud. All our best stayers are usually bred in NZ. That is where SYT was bred.

Looking at the video on YouTube he did win easily in Ireland and I realise it was a Group 3 race but

a) Who did he beat? The rest of them were under the whip with 2 furlongs to go and he was like an exercise gallop.

b) And what about the track? It looked like it was out in the countryside somewhere and where was the crowd? Hard for us to guage in Oz coz all of our major racetracks are in the cities usually within a 15k radius of the city centre.

I do hope that SYT does perform on the world stage as sometimes you are not sure of the calibre of the opposition that he and Black Caviar are beating here

Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #18
ROLAND

Shouts:

It was at the Curragh their premier track where the Irish classics are run, I'd imagine it will be running at Royal Ascot in June so we can discuss form over a SML whilst casting our eyes at some fillies nearby