bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Default Drafting Guys Over 60

Some English bloke called Mike Shields put this up on Facebook

Kinda makes sense to an old bloke like me

Quote:

Drafting Guys Over 60

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military.They've got the whole thing arse-backwards.

Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys.You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35. For starters, researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds.Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry.' We are bad-tempered and impatient, and maybe letting us kill some arsehole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while..

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10am. Old guys always get up early to pee, so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch...

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them.In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys..We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food...They could lighten up on the obstacle course however... In combat I never saw a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too...I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.
These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple of million pissed off old farts with bad attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

HEY!! How about recruiting Women over 50...in Menopause..!!!
You think MEN have attitudes?? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my God!!! If nothing else, put them on border patrol.

They'll have it secured the first night..!

erepview (01-17-2016), ferocious (01-10-2015), kuranda_bagman (01-09-2015), roamer (01-09-2015), Sancho (01-09-2015)