Old 08-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #11
Taltos

Advanced Member

Shouts:

If you need a keyboard, you cold use something like this
http://the-gadgeteer.com/2015/07/30/...yboard-review/

Added this
http://www.trustedreviews.com/best-tablets_round-up

Last edited by Taltos : 08-09-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Taltos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Taltos For This Useful Post:
roamer (08-09-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #12
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Hi

Thanks for the various answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltos View Post
What about something like Note 4 or a similar size phone?
I have an Ipad Mini and use it a lot more than my laptop and you cold use a keyboard with it.

What are you going to use it for and what programs do you have/want to use?
It would mostly be used to look for information that I might need when travelling, so coach/train timetables etc.
Maybe things like restaurant reviews.

A taxi app would be handy.

I`d also use it( and there are mobile apps available ) for a couple of trading sites I use just if I should happen to want to quickly check something whilst out.

Perhaps also use it for reading ( e books )

There`s been some occasions when I`ve been out and stuck for a little information.

I think a smart phone would possibly be too difficult on my eyes so really looking for minimum 7" screen, 8 " would be better.

I`ve glanced at the review site you posted, will look closer at that.

roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:49 PM   #13
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I might as well add that Apple has a way of sucking you in. I first got an Apple iPhone for no particular reason other than that it seemed the best option at the time (never buy mobiles always upgrade through the network supplier). Once you become familiar with the iPhone and are happy with it then why bother changing plus they store your contacts, there’s iTunes, Cloud and probably a load of other things I am probably unaware of.

So it makes sense to continue with Apple products as they overlap with each other, I would imagine Samsung are the same and once you start down either path you may as well continue.

With regards to screen sizes I just got an iPhone5s this week that has a bigger screen than the previous iPhone4s but the difference is minimal I would imagine it’s the same between the iPhone5s and iPhone6. I did consider buying an iPad Mini and went into PC World to compare it with an iPad but it was far too small for my liking.

Usually these types of threads develop into a slagging match between Apple and Android but for me I am happy with Apple and intend to stick with them.
Frankie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
ferocious (08-10-2015), roamer (08-09-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 09:56 PM   #14
Taltos

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I have been looking at Note 3 or 4 with a "5.7 screen and have a Kindle with "6, Samsung clone with "7, Ipad Mini with "8.3, laptops with "9 and "12 and no matter what, I have to use my glasses almost every time. Just a fact of life at our age.
I have friend who uses his Note 3 as a E-reader.

One thing about Apple is that their apps are better regarding size, i.e they scale perfectly up from Iphone to Ipad.

Last time in LOS I was looking at this http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=A...%20%28Black%29 but decided against it as I thought I would not use it back home.

Last edited by Taltos : 08-09-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Taltos is offline   Reply With Quote