Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Pattaya Newbies Section : 1st timer in BBK and Patts. Need to kow hotel and tranportation

Old 08-08-2007, 05:05 AM   #1
igot2see

Shouts:

Default 1st timer in BBK and Patts. Need to kow hotel and tranportation

Hello folks,

I 1st timer to Thailand after reading all those wonderful post.

My question is:

I will arrive on the 18th. Where is the 3 star hotel where I can stay in, and get close to the mongerin action ?

How easy is to get transportation (bus, taxi ) to Pattaya ?

Any hotel you recommend and provide free and easy transportation to Pattaya? maybe aiport pick up-hotel in BBK-transportation to Pattaya.

What is the best time to start mongering ?

Thanks for any help
igot2see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot2see View Post
Hello folks,

I 1st timer to Thailand after reading all those wonderful post
Hello igot2see welcome to the board. If you could point out which post here was wonderful that would be great because all of us have been looking for just a decent one since this place opened.

I'll take a shot at your situation and hopefully some others will chip in and fix up the mistakes here.

It sounds like you will be going from the airport to a hotel in Bangkok for a night or two first before leaving for Pattaya, and if that's so, right outside in front of the airport is a booth where you can arrange to get a taxi to a hotel. You want to probably be around Soi 4 and Sukhumvit if this is your first visit. Not sure if the Nana Hotel on Soi 4 is a 3 star hotel but it is right in the middle of some nightlife. Nana Entertainment Plaza is across the street from the hotel with a lot of bars and Go-Go's. Nana Hotel also has a disco with lots of freelancers in it plus the Nana parking lot is filled with freelancers when the Go-Go's shut down. Sex is available 24 hours a day but most people go out on the chase like everywhere, when the sun starts going down. During the afternoons there is always the massage parlors.

Across the street from the Nana is another hotel named the Dynasty Inn. There are other hotel choices around the same price as these two within short walking distance. Dynasty used to give free transportation for people staying there who were going to their Pattaya hotel but I don't know if they still do that.

The hotels can get you from their hotel in Bangkok to Pattaya but it will be a bit more expensive that way. There is a bus option that is the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Pattaya but if this is your first time I wouldn't suggest to you the bus. It's not a big deal but on a first trip it may be a little stressful running around with your luggage and dealing with a bus. Maybe when you are in Bangkok you can ask some of the other punters a easy way to get to Pattaya. If you got lucky someone else could be heading there so you could share the cost. Have a great trip.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Hi igot2see

I`m not really familiar with BKK but mack is correct with the free transfer facility from either of the 2 BKK Dynasty hotels to Pattaya.
No experience with the BKK Dynastys so can`t comment on whether it`s worthwhile staying there
just for the free transfer,likely not and better to pick your BKK hotel on it`s own merits.
I`ve only ever seen good reports on the Majestic Grande that Gildas recommended.
Dynasty Inn soi 13 Pattaya is in a good location for first visit,plenty other options though.
Here is the Dynasty Hotels website
http://www.dynastyinn.com/index.htm
roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #4
Capt Magoo

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Send a message via Skype™ to Capt Magoo

I did the Dynasty Inn in BKK and thought it was OK..... great location right next door to the NEP and the infamous parking lot. They did hit me up for a guest fee(one visitor no charge, but had two come back with me) If you ask for a room in the back building you can sneak down the driveway next to the hotel and not worry about any additional guest fees. The shuttle to Pattaya is free with one catch...... you have to stay 2 nite minimum in Pattaya Dynasty and prepay for it at the BKK Dynasty. The Patts Dynasty is nice enough and good location being in the center of the action. Hope this info helps you, enjoy your visit!

Magoo
Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

I'd advise either the Majestic Suites just around the corner on Sukhumvit or the Dynasty Inn Grande just behind Nana where Soi 6 curves around. Both decent hotels with a good location and I've had no problem taking multiple guests back to either.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
69Billy

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Majestic Suites willbe the best..Nice hotel and if you take a girl or girls from Nana, you'll be in your room less then 5 min.
From there you can take the skytrain to Ekemai Bus station only 10-15 min...That is if you haven't got a heavy luggage...There is a aircon. bus service to Pattaya every 30min. and it takes the allmost the same time to Pattaya. 105 bt I think..
69Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #7
igot2see

Shouts:

Hi ,

Thanks all for the valuable information.

Anybody recommends the Woraburi Sukhumvit hotel just on Soi 4 ( I guess same street on Nana Plaza). That is cheaper hotel $27 usd per night.

The only problem is that it does not have WiFi. I need WiFi. In such case , how can I do ? can I go out, and rent some hot spot or any places nearby to use WiFi with my OWN computer ?

Thanks for replying!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:33 PM   #8
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

the new irish bar hanrahans on soi4 has it free for customers , the majestic suites charge 480b a night for it which is a rip-off IMO
Old 08-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #9
igot2see

Shouts:

ok, thanks . Anybody recommends Secrets hostel in Pattaya ? accomodation is reasonable for 800bht. I am looking for around that price range.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #10
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

oh well thats secrets off my list