Old 06-18-2007, 05:04 AM   #11
jonny

3k nerd club

Shouts:

Send a message via AIM to jonny

guido thats bad! I used him for one trip and he was great. Sent some girl round in a new honda jazz. Comfortable ride and she was very efficient. Called me to make sure I hadn't forgotten I had a flight and told me what time she would pick me up. Was very punctual......
jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #12
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Guido

Here's his phone numbers....dunno if he sa-paeks Engrish or not....

dear mr.Ash welcome back thank you and confirm to pick you up sir.pls look slowly for you name when you come out from arrivals door so many people(sure we are there)call me if you do not found my driver best regards mr.dang 086-0904718 or 089-0355897 price same 1000thb with include toll,parking
Guido13 (06-18-2007)
Old 06-18-2007, 08:29 AM   #13
Figjam

5k Legend club

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork Handles View Post
Guido

Here's his phone numbers....dunno if he sa-paeks Engrish or not....

dear mr.Ash welcome back thank you and confirm to pick you up sir.pls look slowly for you name when you come out from arrivals door so many people(sure we are there)call me if you do not found my driver best regards mr.dang 086-0904718 or 089-0355897 price same 1000thb with include toll,parking

Fucking cheap Charlie:twisted1:
Figjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:05 AM   #14
Sa-teef

Shouts:

I had two bad experiences with Toom's drivers and would never use him again.
Strike one: Pattaya to Don M run at 4 am. Car was an antique. The dash lights kept going off and he'd bang on the dash to try to get them back on. He was falling asleep at the wheel and I had to keep talking to him to keep him on the road. He was driving very slowly, wandering all over the road and took 2 1/2 hours to get there. Beat-up old Volvo with no plate on the back. Darn near missed my flight.

Strike two: A no-show at Don M on the very next trip.

He ain't gettin' a third shot at me.

~Sa-teef

Last edited by Sa-teef : 06-18-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Sa-teef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:18 AM   #15
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjam View Post
Fucking cheap Charlie:twisted1:
You'll note he calls me sir, you could learn a lot from him.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #16
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Guido and others, I've just looked at my original post....because the software has treated the email addy for Mr Dang as a hyperlink and UNDERLINED it, it may have overridden the underscore between ja and jar......ie the address is ja_jar at hotmail etc. You may need to type it in manually.
Guido13 (06-18-2007)
Old 06-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #17
torrenova

Babysitter

Shouts:

Never had a problem with Toom until last time. One of his picked me up ok at my condo for an early flight to the Uk at the beginning of April. Told Toom at the same time to pick me up 3 days later in the evening. No car or man waiting. Phoned Toom. Spoke to him 5 minutes later and he said the driver told him he had a problem and would be late but was "about 20 minutes away".

I told him I did not believe him or his driver and I could be waiting forever for him to show up. He did recognise the amount of business I put his way from me personally but I told him that had all gone now as I could no longer recommend him.

The problem is that he went the way of all the rest. They start off ok, then actually become very good. Then they get too much work and they farm it out to people who are not up to scratch. They do their best to hold the operation together but eventually the glue and sellotape give way and it falls down like a pack of cards.

So how can you avoid this ? Down to us blokes I'm afraid. If you pay enough for the round trip to the airport then someone sensible would set up a business but if you want new cars, safe cars, serviced cars, drivers who are not on drugs and have actually been to sleep in the preceeding 24 hours then you will have to give up your Bt1000 or so trips and look for Bt2000+ trips to the airport.
torrenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #18
Guido13

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrenova View Post
The problem is that he went the way of all the rest. They start off ok, then actually become very good. Then they get too much work and they farm it out to people who are not up to scratch. They do their best to hold the operation together but eventually the glue and sellotape give way and it falls down like a pack of cards.

So how can you avoid this ? Down to us blokes I'm afraid. If you pay enough for the round trip to the airport then someone sensible would set up a business but if you want new cars, safe cars, serviced cars, drivers who are not on drugs and have actually been to sleep in the preceeding 24 hours then you will have to give up your Bt1000 or so trips and look for Bt2000+ trips to the airport.
Agreed, anyone know how much for a Limo service to Pattaya at the new airport?

Last edited by Guido13 : 06-18-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Guido13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:21 AM   #19
smullenpe

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Jan charges 1600 from airport to Pattaya and 1400 from Pattaya to airport. Fork must be confused with Jan's charge since I wrote that I gave her 2000 but was worth much more.

I hope Jan is ready to pick me up in November.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 PM   #20
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I have used Mr Sunny a few times and always found his cars and drivers to be OK. 1,200 baht all in for the expressway from the airport to Pattaya. I would use him again and certainly recommend him to anyone else.

http://www.sunnyonline.com

I used AKE TAXI THAI SERVICE last time to get from Pattaya to the airport. Located at the junction of soi 4 and second road. At the bottom of the stairs to the Crocodile Bar. I was quoted 860 baht. I guessed correctly this wouldn't include tolls. The driver who picked me up spent a while doing u-turns on Sukhmwit Road looking for a petrol station where he could fill his tyres up with air. Eventually he found one and headed to the airport. He drove I would guess at a steady 55mph. The journey took a good two and a half hours. Never again.
soi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soi 2 For This Useful Post:
mack (07-13-2007)