Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : Rangers in real crisis now

Old 07-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #31
ROLAND

Shouts:

If someone is deemed to have won by cheating then whatever they have won is taken away , happened quite a bit over the years.

Hope Portsmouth lose their FA Cup because they cheated like fuck by having a team of players they couldn't legitimately afford to win it.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #32
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLAND View Post
Hope Portsmouth lose their FA Cup because they cheated like fuck by having a team of players they couldn't legitimately afford to win it.
Which means Cardiff were the winners
Old 07-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #33
ROLAND

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Which means Cardiff were the winners
Then again maybe Pompey can keep the cup
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Bilbobaggins (07-28-2012), gonzo (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #34
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

ALLY McCOIST STATEMENT

"48 hours from now, we are supposed to start the season with a game at Brechin and, as I sit here today, I don’t know exactly what our status in the game is, where our players, that we have, should be registered - and what the future holds for us going into next week.

"It's a ludicrous situation - and I owe it to our fans - to make my views known on it.

"No one is denying that Rangers were badly mismanaged for 10 months. Nor are we disputing that we should be punished for that. We have been. We accept that punishment and want to start putting the past behind us and move forward.

"But that is not being allowed to happen - and I have to ask myself why?

"In recent days, I have been in a number of meetings with Stewart Regan, Rod Petrie and other senior SFA figures - and despair at the lack of leadership shown.

"In my years in professional football, I have not always agreed with everything the SFA did or said. But, no matter what you thought of their decisions, there was no doubt they ran the game firmly and robustly.

"I can only imagine Ernie Walker looking down on us now and shaking his head in disbelief at the sad state of affairs and the way they have been mishandled.

"As for the SPL, they seem determined to pursue as hostile an agenda as possible towards Rangers.

"They kicked us out of the SPL - which was their right- and we acknowledge that - but that doesn't seem enough for Neil Doncaster and some of his board.

"Not only as they withholding our SPL prize money for last season - they won't tell us how much it is but we reckon it to be about £1.3million.

"And having said they don't want us - they do want a bigger share of the TV money that our presence will bring to the SFL and its clubs. Never mind sporting integrity - where is the moral integrity there?

"And there is no line to be drawn in the sand. Rangers have not been punished enough in their eyes and along with one or two people who have a vested interest within SPL clubs, our right to past titles will be challenged. They want what we and our fans bring, yet seem determined to strip us of every bit of our dignity. It has to stop.

"Sadly, only one Scottish football body has offered us any help or assistance - the SFL and I would like to thank David Longmuir, Jim Ballantyne and 29 of their 30 member clubs for inviting us into the SFL.

"We are grateful for the opportunity. We are looking forward to the challenges ahead, making new friends in the months ahead and having a positive impact on the SFL.

"It is now over five months since Rangers went into administration. It is time to start playing football again - and I am not alone in thinking this.

"In recent days I have bumped into Celtic, Hearts and Motherwell fans, and they were saying the same thing – “It’s time to stop kicking Rangers and start getting Scottish football looking forward not back”.
Bilbobaggins (07-28-2012), foz (07-27-2012), Frankie (07-28-2012), old crust (07-28-2012), roamer (07-28-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #35
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I still think Rangers should start again in the English leagues.

This whole situation is getting as ridiculous as the politicians up there who are trying to gain independence. It is about time the Scottish people kicked out these people who are tuning there country into a laughing stock.
soi 2 (07-28-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #36
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Fascinating Updates.

Erasing the history reminds me of what the Chinese did in the Cultural Revolution, destroy everything that was before, hence it didn`t exist.

Only you can`t erase history and it will come back to haunt.
roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roamer For This Useful Post:
soi 2 (07-28-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #37
ROLAND

Shouts:

Pedantic alert but why should new Rangers get any prize money from last season ? That club doesn't exist anymore
Old 07-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #38
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Pedantic alert but why should new Rangers get any prize money from last season ? That club doesn't exist anymore
In the eyes of any football fan they do and will always exist. Try as they will, all of these self interest people who try and take the game and it's history away from the fans will always fail.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #39
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
It's the same club but a different holding company. Originally Rangers were founded in 1872 and the first holding company wasn't put into place until 1899. Celtic have changed their holding company three times in this period. Most recently under Fergus McCann. No one is saying that they are a different club. Same club, same history.
old crust (07-28-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #40
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Fascinating Updates.

Erasing the history reminds me of what the Chinese did in the Cultural Revolution, destroy everything that was before, hence it didn`t exist.

Only you can`t erase history and it will come back to haunt.
This is the biggest soap opera Scottish football has ever had. This is front page, back page news up here every day and has been all year. Every day brings a new twist and turn. There's a long way to go yet.
Bilbobaggins (07-28-2012)