Old 02-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
thailearner

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Hi and welcome

I average around £100
I would suggest only visiting the soapie once.
Try going to soi 6 and even the devils den.
If you want cheap try shopping at the coconut bar for the FLs

If you are only staying a week then head straight to Pattaya
Old 02-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #12
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeidie View Post
There must be something else to do surely... I have to take family-friendly pics while Im there...

So it sounds like I should only be thinking of going to the soapy about three times - a single, then a double, and finish off with another single before I return...

is it worth spending a day or two in bangkok?
If your only going for a week then I would not look to travel around. There's plenty to do in Pattaya.

You mentioned golf in the opening post. I dont play golf but there are something like 30+ golf courses within easy reach of Pattaya as well as about 3 driving ranges within the city itself.

Other mainstream tourist attractions include: Buddah Hill, Sanctuary of Truth, Crocodile Farm and Nong Nooch Tropical Garden. Have a look at the beaches: such as the much maligned Pattaya beach then there's Jomtien and Wong Amat.

Take the ferry or hire a speedboat and go to Koh Larn (Coral Island) for the day.

I doubt you could fit them all into one week and that's not including the soapies and other horizontal pleasures thats available.

I dont know if you've heard the saying: "Never make plans in Pattaya".

I wouldnt bother planning much as you always get distracted. Just do some research so you know where things are located and the rest will just fall into place.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bigphill67 (02-11-2011), kuranda_bagman (02-10-2011)
Old 02-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #13
techno kev

Advanced Member

Shouts:

not really pal as i find there is little else 2 do in bkk other than hit the bars and like gonzo says i couldn't sit there with a water or cola while every other cunt is get'n tanked up regardless of the women on tap !
Old 02-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #14
kuranda_bagman

Advanced Member

Shouts:

kuranda_bagman is on a distinguished road

Good advice mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
If your only going for a week then I would not look to travel around. There's plenty to do in Pattaya.

You mentioned golf in the opening post. I dont play golf but there are something like 30+ golf courses within easy reach of Pattaya as well as about 3 driving ranges within the city itself.

Other mainstream tourist attractions include: Buddah Hill, Sanctuary of Truth, Crocodile Farm and Nong Nooch Tropical Garden. Have a look at the beaches: such as the much maligned Pattaya beach then there's Jomtien and Wong Amat.

Take the ferry or hire a speedboat and go to Koh Larn (Coral Island) for the day.

I doubt you could fit them all into one week and that's not including the soapies and other horizontal pleasures thats available.

I dont know if you've heard the saying: "Never make plans in Pattaya".

I wouldnt bother planning much as you always get distracted. Just do some research so you know where things are located and the rest will just fall into place.
Frankie (02-11-2011)
Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #15
foz

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Welcome to the board mate .Hope you have a good trip,to save money you could allways go to janes bar at the new plaza. When getting served say you know the sherrif of nottingham and you get a 20% discount
sunviewnewbie (02-11-2011), thailearner (02-11-2011)
Old 02-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #16
gkp

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I'd done almost 3 years on the wagon until the wheels came off in Pattaya one day. Paying the same price (or more!) in a gogo for a bottle of water as my mates were paying for a beer was the final straw
3 years thats a long time..you done well..ever think about getting back on the wagon ?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #17
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

OP

welcome aboard matey

apparently I'm the board's resident golfer. so if you want a game while you're there, you'll find plenty of bars and hotels run competitons and get a discount on the green fees, which can be quite exxy if you pay full rate. They'll also arrange transport for you at a nominal cost. Remember that caddies are compulsory ( and they expect--and deserve--a tip) and you'll need a cart; at some courses you can share, at some you must have a cart to yourself.
Whoever you go with can rent you some clubs. The whole day will cost around 3000--3500b.

Just bear in mind you'll be playing in 35 plus degrees.

Here's a link to help you out.
http://ipgc.org/

I usually play with the Hot Legs bar in Jomtien, but somewhere like Shenanigans will be closer to where you're staying.

I can recommend the Haven Hotel on soi 13. A few of us have stayed there over the years. They have a golf club (3 days a week) a pool, great food, is girl friendly, and the location is ideal for a first timer. The Sportsmans bar next door has English grub, football on cable and also organise days out.

A number of the guest houses on soi LK Metro have golf days. The guy from the Drunken Duck posts here occaisonally, as does Dave from Canterbury Tales on soi Lengkee.

Last edited by Fork Handles : 02-11-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Fork Handles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #18
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkp View Post
3 years thats a long time..you done well..ever think about getting back on the wagon ?
Every sunday morning when the hangover kicks in
Old 02-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #19
beforeidie

Shouts:

thanks so far. So I guess Im looking at going straight to pattaya for sure then. from the sounds of things, golf is going to be expensive, wouldnt mind going to the driving range but as I wont have my clubs on me I may just give it a miss - mini-golf will do for now.

I would like to go boating, maybe snorkling or even fishing if the waters are nice enough.

as for the gilrs, I do have my heart set on the soapies - but if I have understood this correctly, I could get better value bringing girls back to my hotel and have my soapy there? :D
beforeidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #20
foz

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Try and co-incide your trips when bazzas in town .And your soapys come free
bigphill67 (02-11-2011)