Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Thailand Forum : Pictures show the ring went missing in an X-ray scanning machine at airport

Old 05-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Default Pictures show the ring went missing in an X-ray scanning machine at airport

This is from the bangkok Post....apparently one of the x-ray scanner machines at the airport can make things disappear! Cool!!

Pictures show the ring went missing in an X-ray scanning machine at airport

Pictures recorded by X-ray scanning machine showed that the diamond ring of a German tourist disappeared after it entered the machine at Suvarnabhumi Airport on April 24.

That 2.5-karat diamond ring worth about worth about Bt500,000 belonged to a German tourist, Dr Richard Chrobop.

Piyarat Donbandit, 34, who is a relative to Dr Chrobop represented him in lodging a complaint with police. She said the German tourist put his waistcoat and other possessions, including the ring, into a basket to pass the scanning machine at the departure exit. But when the basket went out from the machine, the ring disappeared.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
yusamile

Advanced Member

Shouts:

yusamile is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF was in that waistcoat. Since when do you have to strip for a scan. Maybe he wanted to show them his chocolate ring.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:08 AM   #3
Isee

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusamile View Post
Since when do you have to strip for a scan.
Seems to be a common thing these days with most airports, as well as government buildings that employ scanners - all coat jackets must be removed and scanned.

I with everyone else had the pleasant experience in Manilla airport of having to take my belt off and placed in the scanner. You are better off and saying WTF to that.

Think I had to take my shoes off as well and have them scanned.
Isee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

On one occasion at Heathrow,everybody was told to take off their belt and shoes,place in tray to be scanned seperately.
The queue for security check was horrendous,I seriously thought I would miss my flight but got through in time.
roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #5
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
On one occasion at Heathrow,everybody was told to take off their belt and shoes,place in tray to be scanned seperately.
The queue for security check was horrendous,I seriously thought I would miss my flight but got through in time.
I got caught in something similar at Heathrow last June. The queue stretched to the far corner, past the bar and the cafe, and doubled back all the way to the security check entrance again. I was queueing for well over an hour just to get to the scanners.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I got caught in something similar at Heathrow last June. The queue stretched to the far corner, past the bar and the cafe, and doubled back all the way to the security check entrance again. I was queueing for well over an hour just to get to the scanners.
About the same as my incident,then when I got through only had time for 1 quick beer,not happy.
roamer is offline   Reply With Quote