Old 02-26-2021, 04:16 PM   #521
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

ICC have said nothing as of yet Bazza let’s see if the wicket is different in the final test next week at the same ground
bazzap (02-26-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 06:32 PM   #522
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Root 5 for 8 says it all. Problem seems to be that the Indian Cricket Board are very rich and all powerful. If the ICC do anything at all it will probably just be a slap on the wrist.

I never saw a ball bowled live in the Test as the BBC never mentioned it had started and only mentioned it after the first days play had concluded. Their cricket coverage is fuckin appalling for what is the national summer sport. Of course they do wank themselves silly over Wimbledon when tennis appears for its annual fortnightly airing. Cliff Richard is a massive tennis fan which says it all really.
Frankie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bazzap (02-27-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 05:06 PM   #523
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Root 5 for 8 says it all. Problem seems to be that the Indian Cricket Board are very rich and all powerful. If the ICC do anything at all it will probably just be a slap on the wrist.

I never saw a ball bowled live in the Test as the BBC never mentioned it had started and only mentioned it after the first days play had concluded. Their cricket coverage is fuckin appalling for what is the national summer sport. Of course they do wank themselves silly over Wimbledon when tennis appears for its annual fortnightly airing. Cliff Richard is a massive tennis fan which says it all really.

I never watched it either but did you know channel 4 are showing this series live ?
Old 02-28-2021, 06:02 PM   #524
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
I never watched it either but did you know channel 4 are showing this series live ?
Yes I watched some of the First and Second Tests on Channel 4. I knew the Third Test was a Day/Nighter but what with the time differences and the random days the matches start I lose track. So I would have thought that on BBC Breakfast Sports News they would at least announce the England squad before the Test started. No fuckin chance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
ferocious (02-28-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 12:35 AM   #525
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Watching the current Test at Edgbaston, I hope that's the Test batting line-up that England brings to Australia at the end of the year. Cummins & co will have a field day. Other than Stokes who is missing? Will they go back to the likes of Bairstow & Buttler?

Will Anderson & Broad come again to spearhead the attack? Hope so or will the speed guys Archer & Wood be the main men?

It must be a bit of a worry when the South Sea Poms play their near second side and probably beat you on your home ground in just over three days.

Some of the press was rather scathing. Look at this from CricInfo that can be viewed here

Quote:

There is no future in England pretending that the return of Ben Stokes will cure all ills. Of course he is a fine player who would boost any side. But the Top five England fielded here was the top five they have pencilled in to take-on India and Australia. It is unreasonable to expect Stokes to keep producing the miracles we saw at Leeds and Lord's to mask the deficiencies of his team-mates.

To be fair to England's selection, you can understand why they felt they needed an extra batter. They probably needed a dozen extra batters. And you can see why they didn't feel they needed a spinner on the fourth or fifth day. There's hardly going to be any play.

Last edited by bazzap : 06-13-2021 at 07:54 AM.
bazzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 11:53 AM   #526
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

No concerns at all bairstow butler and stokes give us a load more runs archer will be fit hopefully got a 5 test series against India to sort it out top order being priority I’d try hameed again in that series he’s in squad now not played for England in 5 year but came away from India with 42 average back in 2016 which isn’t too bad
Think broad and Anderson will both go Australia depends on fitness of others if they play in all the tests
bazzap (06-13-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 07:05 PM   #527
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

The squad for the Ashes will probably be based on who has made the most PC tweets on Twitter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
ferocious (06-14-2021), kuranda_bagman (06-13-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 04:27 AM   #528
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Bazza's Fearless T20 World Cup Predictions

Australia to flog Pakistan in the semi-final. Look to Lords 1999 WC final. We always hammer the Paki's.

Kiwis or the Curry Munchers to beat England in the other semi. England has started a losing streak now that will continue to the end of the Ashes. They peaked too early

Australia to win T20 final probably against the Kiwis. Kiwis only beat Australia in NZ. Source? 2015 WC final.

With a team that contains my heroes Mitch Marsh, Steve Smith, and Dave Warner, how can we lose!!!!

And if we lose it doesn't really matter, as we are having ANOTHER Men's T20 World Cup in Australia next year

kuranda_bagman (11-07-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 06:53 PM   #529
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

Old 11-10-2021, 04:32 PM   #530
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

bazzap (11-14-2021)