Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : Clliket world cup

Old 03-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #41
bigphill67

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Sri Lanka have to be favourites as England are highly inconsistent. Think it will be either be a tight game or England will be hammered.
Looking like an India v. Sri Lanka final.
on the ball as usual frankie i only saw about half the match thought our bowlers played some decent stuff but didn't really trouble the wicket and with only 230 to chase the sri lankans had the luxury of choosing which balls to play there shots to some extent and just kept picking off singles. still we got a bit further than i first thought after our loses early in the tournement should be a good finish with india - pakistan to play and probably sri lanka to win it
Frankie (03-27-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #42
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

So its India v. Sri Lanka in the final on saturday. At least the Kiwis made a better attempt against Sri Lanka in the semi than England did in the quarter final.

Then Pakistan imploded in the other semi. Tendulkhar scored an embarrassing top score of 85 and was dropped 4 times. Pakis were back to their inconsistent best and got beat as a result.

Why cant any of the teams take advantage of the optional batting power play? In this world cup when taken it usually starts a batting collapse and less runs are scored. There was a classic in the India v. Pakistan game. Afridi could have opted to take take the power play, but he did'nt and was then caught in the deep. As his game is built on big hitting why didnt he just call for the power play and reduce his chances of being caught in the deep? Fuckwit.

The final should be a good game and even though I originally tipped India to win I would much prefer Sri Lanka to as I have preferred their style of play. So that's both horses backed in a two horse race.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bigphill67 (03-31-2011), kuranda_bagman (03-31-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #43
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

So, India won it. They even fielded quite well. Thought Sri Lanka's score of 274 was competitive. Then when they had India 31 for 2 with Sehwag and Tendulkar both out it looked like India might struggle. But they weathered the storm and with Dhoni due a score he weighed in with 91 not out.

Good game to watch as it ebbed and flowed a bit until Dhoni took charge with the bat.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #44
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Something odd about the Sri Lanka team selection, it will all come out in the wash.

County Championship starts next week, I much prefer the first class game and cannot wait to get down to Grace Road for another summers cricket.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #45
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old crust View Post
Something odd about the Sri Lanka team selection, it will all come out in the wash.

County Championship starts next week, I much prefer the first class game and cannot wait to get down to Grace Road for another summers cricket.
No idea what they were doing with the team changes. Seemed weak in the bowling department. Only front liners seemed Malinga, a half fit Murali and Randiv who was dropped in from no where. To me half the attack comprised of powder puff medium pacers.

You prefer the longer form of the game OC. I agree as it involves a lot more technical ability and tactical nous than limited overs stuff. I find one day cricket, especially Twenty20, interesting but it's not the "real thing" as it lacks the in-depth technical and tactical examination that exists in First Class and Test Match cricket.

Well India and Sri Lanka tour England this summer so should be a good cricketing summer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bigphill67 (04-03-2011)