Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Pattaya Newbies Section : Daytime in Pattaya vs Bangkok

Old 07-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #31
InCider

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
It's not the only reason but why would you come here if you were not getting your leg over?
I've done a couple of non-mongering trips to take advantage of the cheap shopping and cheap medical facilities amongst other things.
One trip was taken up with surgery and I've also done a brief trip for shopping and some other personal business - I'm getting the air fare for free, so it is a viable option.
Oh, one more reason......it's the only place I can practice speaking Thai

Quote:
Get real. You are here for Thai pussy the same as everybody else.
I'm here for the female company that's for sure, but I could just as easily get that in the Philippines, Cambodia or various other places. I just happen to think that Thailand is a better country than most others and a lot of Thai ways fit my character like a glove. I'd much rather spend time with polite, respectful people in Thailand than the chav culture in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzap View Post
Tell it as you see it mate.
If others have an alternative view to yours then fine, they can state what views they have and have a constructive discussion.
Simply bagging everything that Mirkwood says means nothing to me
Now now Bazzap, nearly all the comments on here have been constructive. Others are equally telling it as it is. Mirkwood hasn't really received any bagging that wasn't justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterman View Post
I have travelled and lived in many big cities that make BKK look like a backwater .......I also have integrated into Thai society after 18 years but all that has gone by the board as i realise its futile , as much as i like Thais and Thailand reality is i see it for what it is and its very flawed .thats why i now only want to spend 4 months a year in the country and the rest either working/travelling or in europe which for all its faults has real culture , no where is perfect .
The big difference is that you and Mirkwood work here (or have worked here) which is a different scenario to being here for mongering or for retirement. There's a lot of truth in the old saying that Thailand is a great place to live but not a great place to work. Mirkwood is just going though a love-hate phase which is typical amongst working ex-pats. Take a look at the Ajarn board - there's hundreds of similar examples - they usually end up going home and then returning to Thailand when they realise the grass is not greener on the other side. I think you're on a downer now that you realise your in-laws are a load of trash.
InCider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InCider For This Useful Post:
Mirkwood (07-14-2011), roamer (07-14-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #32
Mirkwood

Macks 5k club

Shouts:

Quote:
The big difference is that you and Mirkwood work here (or have worked here) which is a different scenario to being here for mongering or for retirement. There's a lot of truth in the old saying that Thailand is a great place to live but not a great place to work. Mirkwood is just going though a love-hate phase which is typical amongst working ex-pats. Take a look at the Ajarn board - there's hundreds of similar examples - they usually end up going home and then returning to Thailand when they realise the grass is not greener on the other side. I think you're on a downer now that you realise your in-laws are a load of trash.
That is so true.

It's the working here that makes it a world apart from what everyone else does.
I know if I had to go home I would be gutted.

I think the best feeling I ever had for LOS was when I worked 3 months Europe and came on holiday for 1 month.

I was earning well with my own company in those days. Unlikey to see that again if I went back.
Mirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #33
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCider View Post

Now now Bazzap,

No need to patronise me, pal. You might get away with talking to other people in this world like they are a 8yo kid but not me!!

OK??

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCider View Post

Mirkwood hasn't really received any bagging that wasn't justified.
Well that is a matter of opinion isn't it? Between you and Tom telling him that he has a sad life in Thailand and dissecting his posts so you can be argumentative does not seem constructive to me. No wonder he feels like BigD.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #34
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

Quote:
If others have an alternative view to yours then fine, they can state what views they have and have a constructive discussion.

Simply bagging everything that Mirkwood says means nothing to me

Quote:
Well that is a matter of opinion isn't it? Between you and Tom telling him that he has a sad life in Thailand and dissecting his posts so you can be argumentative does not seem constructive to me. No wonder he feels like BigD.
To be fair mate the only offensive comments have come from Mirky himself as he tries to get a rise out of people and deflect attention from the fact that he's struggling with basic tasks and getting frustrated trying to get anything done whilst living over there. Nobody's having a go because of who's saying it it's because of what he's saying, some of which has been ridiculously over the top.

It's all well and good defending your mate but if he'd directed even half of his comments towards Pinoys rather than Thais you'd spit the dummy so far you'd have a bloody polar bear's eye out

The only reason Mirky feels like Big D is because he's posting like him and getting a similar response.
bazzap (07-14-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #35
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Well that is a matter of opinion isn't it? Between you and Tom telling him that he has a sad life in Thailand
Are you suggesting his posts were serious?

If so, they're indefensible.

Quote:
and dissecting his posts so you can be argumentative does not seem constructive to me.
But it's OK for you to dissect InCider's post to offer an opposing view. Or, were you trying to be ironic?

Last edited by tom : 07-14-2011 at 09:02 AM.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #36
Mirkwood

Macks 5k club

Shouts:

I think the best bet here would be for the people who like Bangkok to tell the new poster exactly what it is they like to do. He cn decide if that's for him or he would prefer Pattaya.

No secret. I'm not a fan of Bangkok. Let's leave it at that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirkwood For This Useful Post:
gonzo (07-14-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #37
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Hi

I cannot speak for Bangkok, don`t know it.
Also I`m more of a night time person but I don`t see Pattaya being lacking in non bar/drinking activities in the daytime.

ferocious already suggested a route for a long walk, try far end of naklua and take a walk towards Jomtien, that will take some time.

non tourist place, just 1 example, behind the naklua fish market there is a large open air area where many Thais go to relax, there are a few basic exercise machines there free to use if you want.

Exercise classes at 6.00 PM most days, free or 10 baht up to you.
Just watch and listen to the music or participate.

Some people walk around the area, some jog and sometimes some
young Thais who are fixed gear bike enthusiasts come and ride their bikes.

I go there once a week or so to chill out and relax.

Heading towards Jomtien you could always walk or jog up the hill that leads to Buddha hill, then take a walk up the hill leading to the
statues etc.

Then you`ve got at least 2 bowling alleys in Pattaya, 1 very near BigC north on 2nd Road, does a cheap basic breakfast if you`re up early enough.

Go to a gym, fair few in Pattaya

Gym/sauna/Muay Thai/tennis courts all at Fairfax, not the cheapest
but has a good reputation for facilities.

Go play pool or snooker.

Plenty more things to do and IMO there`s simply not enough hours in the day nor days in the week.

roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to roamer For This Useful Post:
bazzap (07-14-2011), Frankie (07-15-2011), gonzo (07-14-2011), KeeNeow (07-14-2011), Mirkwood (07-14-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #38
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
I think the best bet here would be for the people who like Bangkok to tell the new poster exactly what it is they like to do. He cn decide if that's for him or he would prefer Pattaya.

No secret. I'm not a fan of Bangkok. Let's leave it at that.
The OP didn't ask for opinions about BKK, he asked for opinions about Pattaya. He is familiar with BKK and, in his words, he "loves it". Perhaps the people who like Pattaya could tell the poster what there is to do in Pattaya i.e. respond to what the OP actually asked, rather than just see the thread as another excuse to spout negative dribble about Bangkok.

Personally speaking, I don't much care for Pattaya these days for a whole host of reasons but I wouldn't dream describing it as boring to the OP, if for no other reason than it's obviously not to a significant number of people.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tom For This Useful Post:
gonzo (07-14-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #39
Mirkwood

Macks 5k club

Shouts:

Quote:
The OP didn't ask for opinions about BKK, he asked for opinions about Pattaya. He is familiar with BKK and, in his words, he "loves it". Perhaps the people who like Pattaya could tell the poster what there is to do in Pattaya i.e. respond to what the OP actually asked, rather than just see the thread as another excuse to spout negative dribble about Bangkok.

Personally speaking, I don't much care for Pattaya these days for a whole host of reasons but I wouldn't dream describing it as boring to the OP, if for no other reason than it's obviously not to a significant number of people
He's probably fucked off to Benidorm after reading this thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mirkwood For This Useful Post:
bigphill67 (07-14-2011), gonzo (07-14-2011), roamer (07-15-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #40
ROLAND

Shouts:

Quote:
He's probably fucked off to Benidorm after reading this thread.
Shame you don't go with him
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
gkp (07-14-2011)