Old 05-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
Delaware

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Just checked it out your hotel on google maps and its pretty far out its gonna be a right pain in the ass for you. Gonzo's right cancelling would be a good idea.
bazzap (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
woodman2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

The Majestic Suites in Bangkok is a great choice. I am there myself for a few nights in a couple of weeks. Its all pretty compact inside the rooms. Sort of cruise liner style, but it has everything you will need. The staff are great.

For its location it is quiet considering the rooms in the front overlook Sukhumvit Road and the higher floors in the back look into nana Plaza. The lower floors in the back overlook a cement wall.

The only gripe with the place is its a bit of a pig to get to if you are in a taxi from the airport. The taxis cant stop outside to drop off and pick up. Use the gas station 50 yards up across soi Nana.

At peak times you can be sat in traffic an hour trying to get down soi 3 and across the intersection with Sukhumvit. Being new you will not realise how close you are and that it would be quicker to get out and walk.

I now use the airport rail link to Phaya Thai station (the end of the line for all 3 types of airport train, so you cant go wrong) where it connects to the BTS skytrain line. 5 stops on the skytrain takes you Nana station. It takes less than an hour from terminal to hotel and cost under 100 Baht.

It can be a bit of a push and shove at peak times because the train passes through Siam which is the major station where the 2 BTS lines connect. If there are no seats from Phaya Thai I try to get wedged in a corner with my case between my knees. By Nana the crowds have normally thinned out.

When you get to Nana skytrain station use Exit 2 and at the bottom of the stairs (sorry no escalator that side) walk straight on. The Majestic Suites is about half a mile up on the left. If you get to a Police box blocking your way you have gone too far. Only about 20 yards too far.

Enjoy.
bazzap (05-31-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #13
techno kev

Advanced Member

Shouts:

if you don't mind splashing out a bit extra i just stayed in the majestics suites sister hotel the majestic grande on sukhumvit soi 2 it's a nice hotel a couple of minutes walk off all the action on soi4 nana.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #14
smitty1404

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
I do have a few questions which would help us with recommendations for you.

Are you completely new to mongering or just new to Thailand?
You more interested in freelancers, Bar girls or go go's?
Do you need to take cultured photo's to hide the fact that your a sex tourist to friends and family back home?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
Just checked it out your hotel on google maps and its pretty far out its gonna be a right pain in the ass for you. Gonzo's right cancelling would be a good idea.
Delaware, I'm not completely new to mongering, I have been PI a couple of times and sampled the cuisine there. I'm pretty much into whatever is 'open' for business. It really doesn't matter where I find it as long as it has a little hot slot. I figure they are all just about as hazardous, whether it be from the trying to run off with your shit while you are sleeping to passing you some infestation. As far a covering my activities, I'm not really too concerned about it. I actually have an interest in getting out and seeing some things. When I went to PI, I spent the entire time mongering on my second trip, whereas my first trip I went a few places. I enjoyed my first trip more. Or at least I have better memories.

As far as the hotel room goes, I looked into a few others and found Sunshine Hotel and Residences as well as Boboona Hotel. I still need to cancel at Citin but would appreciate any thoughts on those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman2 View Post

I now use the airport rail link to Phaya Thai station (the end of the line for all 3 types of airport train, so you cant go wrong) where it connects to the BTS skytrain line. 5 stops on the skytrain takes you Nana station. It takes less than an hour from terminal to hotel and cost under 100 Baht.

When you get to Nana skytrain station use Exit 2 and at the bottom of the stairs (sorry no escalator that side) walk straight on. The Majestic Suites is about half a mile up on the left. If you get to a Police box blocking your way you have gone too far. Only about 20 yards too far.

Enjoy.
Awesome directions. Does the train run all night? My flight lands late so I don't want to head to the train just to find out it is closed. If it's open, I'm always up for an adventure.
smitty1404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #15
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

if your flight lands late just get a taxi, traffic won't be so bad then (that's what I'd do)

As for Pattaya, Sunshine is a great location, soi 8 right?

That's very much central and easy access to wherever you want to go in the city. I have stayed there many times in the past, but it started to get very expensive relatively a couple of years ago, how much you paying a night there? have you tried www.agoda.com to book rooms at all?
Old 06-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #16
smitty1404

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins View Post
if your flight lands late just get a taxi, traffic won't be so bad then (that's what I'd do)

As for Pattaya, Sunshine is a great location, soi 8 right?

That's very much central and easy access to wherever you want to go in the city. I have stayed there many times in the past, but it started to get very expensive relatively a couple of years ago, how much you paying a night there? have you tried www.agoda.com to book rooms at all?
I might have to go the taxi route in Bangkok if it comes down to it. Yes I just booked my stay at Sunshine for 6 nights for a Standard Sea View for just under $300. I picked it because it literally is smack dab in the middle and just a short walk to the beach.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #17
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

If you are after a beach to go to, I doubt it will be the one at the bottom of soi 8.

You may need to pop over to Koh Larn out in Pattaya Bay, just means a short motosai ride to the pier at the end of Walking Street and a 20/30 baht ferry across there which takes around 40-60 mins, lovely beach there, places to get a drink and some scran.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #18
smitty1404

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Scran? I'm not familiar with that term. I'll definitely check out that beach though. I want to try some underwater shots with my camera.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #19
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

scran = food.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #20
smitty1404

Advanced Member

Shouts:

ahh okay, that was something I had a hard time finding in Angeles was food that I enjoyed.