Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : Rangers in real crisis now

Old 06-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Default Rangers in real crisis now

On the front and back page of every newspaper in Scotland the saga of the Rangers crisis is the main news. There are hourly updates on internet sites and the crisis appears to be deepening.

The situation is so complex and has dragged on for so long. It's impossible to give a comprehensive synopsis of events. If you've not followed it already. But this good Daily Mail article covers the main points.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

Where we are at right now.....

Charles Green is in charge of a new company - newco The Rangers. He appears to be in this for a fast buck with no long term plans for the club. Rumours that Charles Green can't afford to pay wages this week

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...money.17769614

The SPL clubs are going to vote that Rangers be expelled from the Premier League as they are a newco. That means no Old Firm games next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18284888#asset

Uncertainty as to what divison the newco join. First Division which has clubs complaining already about it as it would deprive them of promotion or the Third Division with part timers.

Certainly - no European football for three years having gone bust.

The most recent update - players refusing to be part of the newco, becoming free agents and walking away from the club.

http://sport.stv.tv/

No application to join the SFA lower leagues has been submitted, this has a deadline of Friday. Which will include background checks on Charles Green.

Walter Smith and senior players leading a consortium to oust Charles Green.

The possibility of restructuring the entire Scottish lower leagues into two divisions. To assist in Rangers return to the top flight and the TV money and gate receipts that insures.

Total chaos !

Lets buy Bury's registration and start at the bottom in England. Get out of Scotland. Unfortunately that plan seems to have gone off the radar...

Last edited by soi 2 : 06-26-2012 at 11:15 PM.
soi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soi 2 For This Useful Post:
ferocious (06-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Ibrox legends urge fans not to buy season tickets. Does Charles Green really own Rangers ? Who is he a front man for ?

Today's Sun:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...n-tickets.html
Old 06-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

It's looking pretty bad for Rangers. Only 2 of your team have agreed to transfer to newco so wherever you end up playing, you may not even have a team. The fact that players can walk for nothing means you're not going to be able to replace them easily either.

Sad times, especially for a team with so much history.
soi 2 (06-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
ROLAND

Shouts:

Was talking about this yesterday and it seems possible that a team called Rangers playing at Ibrox won't happen anymore
Old 06-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

It's possible Rangers might not play football this coming season at all. No league to play in. Out the SPL, the Bury bid rejected, lower leagues don't appear to be too keen on Rangers joining them. I think joining Division 3 in Scotland is on the cards but anything could happen.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
penetrator

Advanced Member

Shouts:

With a surname like Green he's most likely a shyster.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Green is another Craig Whyte just in this for a quick buck for himself. He might even be a front man for Craig Whyte, it's possible Craig Whyte is still lurking in the background. The John Brown led bid is the one to follow for Gers fans imo. Demonstration at 7pm at Ibrox tonight. I can see it descending into trouble. I hope so !
Old 06-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I know I'm in a minority south of the border, but I would allow Rangers into the English leagues. What about taking over Colwyn Bay? Swap one non English team for another.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
bigphill67

Advanced Member

Shouts:

money talks and some deals will be cut before any deadlines are enforced the tv money will be the clincher for any deals done, as much as celtic like seeing rangers in this mess they need them to generate interest in themselfs and keep funds rolling through there tills, will be a strange couple of seasons whatever the SFA decides to do, seems to me there's alot been done behind closed doors for to long thats how they got into this mess and still trying to keep things from the fans will we ever know the truth behind whats happened/happening,
Old 06-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Todays latest.. Ibrox and the Murray Park training academy are up for sale. The idea being to be leased back to Rangers by whoever buys them. This has now been denied at Ibrox.

IN response to a story that appeared this afternoon on the STV website, the Club has released the following statement.

A spokesman for The Rangers Football Club said: "Yet again, ignorant and ill-informed journalism has caused alarm to Rangers supporters.

"For the avoidance of doubt, Ibrox and Murray Park are the property of The Rangers Football Club, which at present is registered as Sevco Scotland Ltd until a name change is given formal approval.

"Sevco Scotland was formed to ensure that if the formation of a new company was required in the event of a CVA being rejected, then the Club's corporate entity would be a Scottish registered company as it has always been.

"It is as straightforward as that and this kind of reporting is further evidence of ill-informed journalists seeing shadows where there are none."
roamer (07-06-2012)