Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : The English premier league

Old 10-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #11
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

There are a few sets of fans that have done that Woody.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

^
Know some blokes who pulled a similar "operation" at Hull. Got City and Kingston Rovers mixed up.

Anyway its about time football returned back to its roots instead of the poncy fuck about thing it now is.

I remember back in the 1970's footballers of that era were all classed as ponces and the "real men" were those that played in the 1950's. Now the 1970 generation are regarded as hard compared to todays players!!

The game has changed shit loads. Too many numerous things to mention. Years ago a mate of mine used to say:

"Fuckin Brazil? How come we never play them at the Baseball Ground on a sanded mud heap of a pitch in mid February? Lets see the fuckers play a fast passing game under those conditions."

Dont think the current crop of Premiership players "do" sand unless its in the Carribean.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #13
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston_Churchill View Post
not forest 1000's of us used to go to leicester
Your right Winton not Forest, the police who were protecting you, knew which ground was which.
Winston_Churchill (10-15-2010)
Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I remember Forest fans in the sixties all seemed to be Grebo's decked out in black leather jackets.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #15
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

The only Ray O'Brien I knew played for Notts County, I met him after his career finished and he went into the print game. New Parks is not really my area, but everyone says that.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
woodman2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
not forest 1000's of us used to go to leicester
Got a story about Nottingham as well.

There was a bit of rivalry between Leeds and Forest in the early 70s after Leeds fans nearly burned down Forests main stand. There was a bit of a myth going around that if Forest fans caught you they threw you in the Trent.

With that in mind, when Forest came to Leeds instead of getting at them directly outside the railway station in the Dark Arches as per all the other visiting fans. The Leeds fans let the Forest fans get through the Arches and popped them on the bridge over the Aire thereby getting revenge by making them "jump" into the river. Every season was the same.

With this rivalry as a backdrop Leeds one season got drawn away at Notts County in the cup. British Rail wouldn`t put on a train after a previous wrecking spree so we all ended up on a fleet of "Wally Trolleys". Wallace Arnold coaches.

Leeds won 2-0 but it was a lively encounter on the terraces with battles going on all afternoon. Of course everybody in England knew the Wallace Arnold was Leeds so the County fans who had been joined by Forest for the day had a field day bricking the buses in the city centre after the game.

We were old hands at this and were ready for it and had all the blinds down to stop the bricks and glass coming in. We were also ready at the bus door and emergency exit. Sure enough as we stolpped at some lights a window came in and about 10 of us were off the bus and into them in a flash.

Of course the bus pissed off sharpish leaving us going toe to toe in the middle Nottingham. Upshot was, me and a few others got lifted and taken to the main bobby shop. In there it was chaos. As I said it had been a lively old afternoon and all the cells were full. I ended up getting sat in a corridor and handcuffed to a (very hot) radiator pipe.

After about an hour a different cop came and grabbed me by the arm to haul me off for processing. Off course I was still cuffed to the radiator pipe which the cop didn`t realise. He thought I was resisting and him and 3 others proceeded to kick the shit out of me. When it finally dawned on them what was going on they got a bit sheepish and let me out with a caution.

Me and 2 other guys had to "liberate" a council Transit van from a nearby yard to get home.
old crust (10-15-2010), penetrator (10-15-2010), tommiecoughlin (10-16-2010)
Old 10-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #17
woodman2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
poppycock our busses were always parked under some bridges near elland road and the battles always ended up with leeds fans swimming in the canal ot whatever it was
No water near Elland Road.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #18
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
road was deffo a canal/watercourse i seen em in the water
Sure your not getting it mixed up with boating lake at Skeggy Butlins and altercations between Teds and Grebo's?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #19
ROLAND

Shouts:

Is this a thread about football or fucking swimming
Old 10-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #20
foz

Advanced Member

Shouts:

bcf at its best elland road carpark.Mini van of us 18 in it ,arrived late organised outside after game .We took piss, big fatted yorkshire puddimgs didnt know what to do with such a small firm running at them.
bigphill67 (11-06-2010)