Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Pattaya Newbies Section : Difference between Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, Phangang?

Old 12-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
bigb82

Shouts:

Default Difference between Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, Phangang?

me and 3 friends are visiting for the time in a few days, here is what we planned,

2 days in bangkok
3 days in pattaya
a week for the new moon party in phangang
and a week in phuket

than going to singapore for 4 days than going to philippines for a week manilla than the rest in anegeles city

How different are all these places in terms of things to do places to see people to meet or are they all the same?

Are name brand designer authentic clothing pretty cheap and where at? how about electronics like apple computers or IT stuff where is it cheap and is it authentic?

what else is there to do? how far is the ride from bangkok to pattaya and from pattaya to phangung?
bigb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
Barry1974

Advanced Member

Shouts:

That's a hell of a trip, bit too much travelling for my taste though, i'd sooner pick just 2 of those places and relax without packing and travelling every few days.
Barry1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

Right then, the simple bits first:

Name brand authentic clothing will be cheaper at home, Thailand is the knock-off capital so plenty of cheap fakes but the real stuff isn't overly cheap.

Same same the computer stuff, trust me, the US gets Apple products cheaper than most of the rest of the world, Thailand included. Have a look around Panthip in BKK but I doubt you'll find anything cheaper than you can get at home.

As for your itinary.....well, up to you I guess but the full moon party in Koh Phangan is probably the last place in Thailand I'd ever want to be. Dickhead gap-year students from all around the world thinking they're taking a lead role in The Beach, spewing up after a few beers, telling each other how immersed in Thai culture they are and generally being twats to a background of outdated commercial trance bollocks being played on the worst sound systems ever. Just go to the worst nightclub in your home town when they're having some kind of student night and save yourself the airfare, you'll probably see the same amount of Thais there as you will at the full moon party too if you take the barstaff out of the equation.

As for the rest of it, the different locations are all very different (although if you're going to stay around Khao San in BKK you'll meet the same walking cliches as you will on Phangan) with lots of different stuff to do. Depends what you're looking for from your trip?
foz (12-07-2010), InCider (12-07-2010), Mirkwood (12-10-2010), sabang (02-10-2011)
Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
thailearner

Advanced Member

Shouts:

It really depends on what you are looking for?

I bet you will want to spend longer in Pattaya when you get there.

It is about 100miles from Bangkok to Pattaya you can get there via bus, taxi or mini bus.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
monkeyspanker

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

As for your itinary.....well, up to you I guess but the full moon party in Koh Phangan is probably the last place in Thailand I'd ever want to be. Dickhead gap-year students from all around the world thinking they're taking a lead role in The Beach, spewing up after a few beers, telling each other how immersed in Thai culture they are and generally being twats to a background of outdated commercial trance bollocks being played on the worst sound systems ever. Just go to the worst nightclub in your home town when they're having some kind of student night and save yourself the airfare, you'll probably see the same amount of Thais there as you will at the full moon party too if you take the barstaff out of the equation.
have you thought about a job in tourism...

I wish you would just speak your mind!
gonzo (12-07-2010)
Old 12-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb82 View Post
me and 3 friends are visiting for the time in a few days, here is what we planned,

2 days in bangkok
3 days in pattaya
a week for the new moon party in phangang
and a week in phuket

than going to singapore for 4 days than going to philippines for a week manilla than the rest in anegeles city
Years ago, I got what was called an Inter-Rail ticket and travelled all round Europe on the train. I had a packed itinerary a bit like yours. It was good at the time but looking back it was more of an 'experience' than a 'holiday'. Too much travelling and not enough time in each place. Whatever you're looking for from a holiday. I'd suggest visiting less places and spending more time in the places you do go to.

Of the places you've mentioned I'd wonder why you want to spend so much time in Singapore. I know guys that work offshore/ engineering and for them its just a work zone. Very expensive, it's not a cheap party place. 4 nights there and 3 in Pattaya.... imho you've made a bit of a blunder on that one, unless there's something you really want to do in Singapore !

I'm sure you'll have a good time anyway.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
foz

Advanced Member

Shouts:

DONT DO TO .........its .......
Old 12-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
bouncer

Macks Minder

Shouts:

If you go to pattaya you will newer go anywher else,,,,,,,,, its adicting and full of naked girls,,
Old 12-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #9
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

First thing is scrap that itinerary

If it was me, I'd do 3 days in Bangkok then the rest in Pattaya.

Once you get to Pattaya, you will not want to leave. You will have the best time of your life. No ifs, buts or maybes. You will think you have found heaven

Then next holiday, even though you will be busting your gut to get back to Pattaya, go to The Philippines, have a few days in Manila and about a week in Angeles City.

Now you would have experienced two of the best places in SE Asia and can make your own mind up which one you like the best.

If you do stick to your original plan, then after you have been to Pattaya, you are going to be mightily pissed off for the rest of your holiday.

All the best with your choices

bazzap is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bazzap For This Useful Post:
Thebomb (12-10-2010)
Old 02-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #10
daveo679

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Bangkok too much traffic, Phuket too expensive, Pattaya has it all and everything is 10 mins away.