Old 03-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Rugby Union has died a death. It only survives due to the fact that most of the people who watch it have not got a clue what's going on They just turn up to be part of some sort of in crowd.

The game needs some radical changes at professional level. Starters would be reduce the team to 12 or 13 and make the defending side start 15 yards from the game line.

Better still, revert back to amateur status, have fat unfit props and let the players concentrate on ale drinking instead of training.
old crust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old crust For This Useful Post:
foz (03-13-2010), ROLAND (03-14-2010)
Old 03-13-2010, 06:38 PM   #12
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Well Foz was right England where shit, but not a great surprise the way they being managed. Johnson need to weild the axe before the France game. Better still after the 6 nations axe Johnson and get a coach like McGeechan in? But nothing wrong with rugby. I'd have to say with respect Old Crust talking bollocks, watched some great Super 14 rugby earlier today and must say far more entertaining than watching the current England set up!↲
Simie.
simie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simie For This Useful Post:
old crust (03-13-2010)
Old 03-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #13
foz

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Well that was bull ...................Johnson should be The englsh tactics where awful.We where lucky park hit the woodwork twice.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #14
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simie View Post
But nothing wrong with rugby. I'd have to say with respect Old Crust talking bollocks,
Simie.
We will have to agree to differ. I think there is plenty wrong, including the present laws, which incourage too much kicking, the wage cap in England, the level of impact injuries and lack of crowds to name but a few. It would also help if there was a common understanding of what the new laws are. Some of the Down Under Rugby can be entertaining, but some of their games are poor entertainment. When South Africa recently beat NZ all they did was kick, the Kiwi scrum half made more passes than all the Springbox put together.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #15
foz

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I hate the game in its a waste ov time very inconsitant referees,look at that idiot in charge today ,most other refs would ov had both front rows sin bind for not binding properly.Kicking the ball has killed the game ,its more like that stupied aussie rules game now.I hated it when england won RUGBY world cup,this because we learnt to cheat better than others.
old crust (03-14-2010)
Old 03-14-2010, 01:37 AM   #16
elway69

Advanced Member

Shouts:

15-15
England must be proper shite.

I want to fuck Helena Bonham Carter.
elway69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:22 AM   #17
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foz View Post
I hate the game in its a waste ov time very inconsitant referees,look at that idiot in charge today ,most other refs would ov had both front rows sin bind for not binding properly.Kicking the ball has killed the game ,its more like that stupied aussie rules game now.I hated it when england won RUGBY world cup,this because we learnt to cheat better than others.
Good point foz about the cheating. My club Leicester Tigers have enjoyed huge success over the years by being the best cheats.

If you ever make it out to Aus', give Aussie Rules a chance. Great game in my opinion.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #18
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Have to say both Foz and Old Crust do raise some good points as I must admit Rugby Union is far from perfect. But I would'nt right it off just yet. Just as we can critise some things about rugby one could do the same thing about football which IMHO is far from perfect these days.
Just on a few off those points raised, yes there has been too much messing about with the laws and not to the games benefit, so that could do with attention. Yes impact injuries are a problem now, I used to pay No.8 in my youth but no way I'd be big enough these days. I agree the wage cap in the Guiness premiership is too low, but I think there should be one at some level to keep wages at a sensible level. Being a Wasps man it comes easy to slag off Leicester (sorry!) but perhaps one of the problems with Jonno is that he is Leicester through and through? And yes the ref was poor with his handling of the scrum yesterday, but just look at football they never stop moaning about the ref so its far from restricted to rugby.
Simie.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simie For This Useful Post:
foz (03-14-2010), old crust (03-14-2010)
Old 03-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #19
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simie View Post
Just as we can critise some things about rugby one could do the same thing about football which IMHO is far from perfect these days.

Don't get me started on what's wrong with football. It's been going down hill since they did away with goal average.

Being a Wasps man it comes easy to slag off Leicester (sorry!) but perhaps one of the problems with Jonno is that he is Leicester through and through?
Simie.
Feel free to slag them off, but remember Wasp's were a close second in the cheating stakes. Jonno is a good bloke off the field, but like most people from the Tigers they think their way is the only way. Some good foreign coaches have walked away from Welford Road because of interference from the Board who want to be involved in how things are organised on the pitch.
The Following User Says Thank You to old crust For This Useful Post:
simie (03-14-2010)
Old 03-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

OC, yes as you say Wasps far from perfect either and it was really just a bit of banter on my part! As for yesterdays game it was pretty dire and I think your right about Leicesters rather "blinkered" perhaps approach to things? I would have to say that Jonno seems to have brought that approach to England and its just not working. Why he has stuck to some of the underperforming players he has is beyond me, loyalty? One change he did make yesterday was to bring Joe Worsley back in, who I thought was our best player. But he really must wield the axe big time before the France game IMHO?
Simie.

Last edited by simie : 03-14-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to simie For This Useful Post:
old crust (03-14-2010)