Advanced Member

Shouts:

Going on the piss in annan tomorrow,and rangers are playing there
soi 2 (09-15-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #112
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Charles Green's statement today... interesting reading.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headli...reen-statement

CHARLES GREEN, Rangers' Chief Executive, issued the following statement today:

He said: "Lord Nimmo Smith, chairman of the Commission set up by the SPL, has highlighted an extremely important issue in his recent judgement regarding the Commission.

"Lord Nimmo Smith has said that Rangers FC is a recognisable entity which continued in existence notwithstanding the change in ownership.

"He also stated that Rangers FC, the club, includes its owner and operator. The Commission has in effect ruled that Rangers and its history did not die on 14 June despite numerous reports to the contrary.

"This means that Rangers FC and its owner, i.e. me and my consortium, remained a member of the SPL even after the change of ownership.

"The bemusing part is that no-one at the SPL or SFA appeared to realise that. The SPL made the club (including its owner and operator) reapply to be a member of a league that the Commission says it was in already.

"If the Commission is right then the change of ownership was frankly irrelevant to SPL status. Nevertheless we duly applied and that application was rejected.

"We were also informed by the SFA that Rangers FC had never in its long existence been a member. That really left us scratching our heads because pride of place in the Boardroom at Ibrox is a framed and mounted certificate of membership signed by Jim Farry confirming that "Rangers FC is a full member of the Scottish Football Association".

"So taking the Commission's reasoning and our newly acquired framed membership certificate you would have thought, not unreasonably, that Rangers FC and its owners were in the Scottish Football family.
"You would have thought wrong. No we were told. We needed to apply for oldco's membership! The SFA didn't officially recognise Lord Nimmo Smith's recognisable entity.

"That recognisable entity, Rangers FC, then re-appeared suddenly when the SFA demanded that we pay oldco's debts despite there being no legal obligation to do so.

"The SPL then wanted Rangers FC and its new owners to admit guilt in relation to EBT breaches that had never been framed and accept five stripped titles.

"Rangers FC suddenly vanished again when UEFA informed the SFA that Rangers FC were due in excess of 300,000 euros for player participation in the Euro 2012 qualifiers, the SFA have refused to confirm that the monies are due to Rangers FC despite obligations placed on them from UEFA that these monies should be distributed to member clubs.

"If the Commission is correct about this recognisable entity then the SPL and SFA must be wrong in making that entity apply to join bodies it was already in.

"Maybe they should both appoint Lord Nimmo Smith to form a Commission to investigate and tell them who their member is.
"In our view the Commission chaired by Lord Nimmo Smith has been placed in an invidious position by the SPL.

"The establishment of the Commission is the most striking example of the chaotic way the fate of Rangers has been handled by the football authorities.

"As we stated previously, it is impossible for us as a club to participate in a process we firmly believe is fundamentally misconceived.

"We believe that most people would not think it right that a football authority that was willing to horse-trade league titles and cups for league status, should then embark on the course of action it has chosen in setting up a Commission. There is no clearer case of moving the goalposts."

This is the proceedings he's commenting on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19702547

Meanwhile, Rangers v Montrose in the Scottish Third Divison pulled in 45,081 punters. Slightly more than Liverpool v Man Utd 44,263. Which I think makes it the highest attendance in the UK last week. Down a bit from the 49,118 that turned out for East Stirling though. The novelty is going to wear off though...
old crust (09-26-2012), roamer (09-26-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #113
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Charles Green's tour of Northern Ireland... meeting the First Minister, Ulster Unionists and talk of the return of the orange away top lol

http://vanguardbears.co.uk/index.php...e-ni-statemnet

Key Points

1: Charles Green stated quite categorically that although it was not ALL Clubs in the S.P.L that he had a problem with, his main problem was with The Leadership and running of the S.P.L.

He said the Agenda from the S.P.L against Rangers F.C and their fans and their constant attacks upon our Club will not be forgotten.

He then stated that whilst things are the way they are, the onslaught continues AND as long as he is C.E.O of Rangers F.C, Rangers will NEVER play in the S.P.L again.

This was met with a round of applause from the Audience.

2: Charles then brought up the question of Rangers Shares.

He explained that Rangers Shares will ONLY be available direct from Rangers F.C.

They will be sold at first to Rangers Fans and Rangers Fans only, as in Season Ticket Holders registered Supporters Clubs and Members of the Rangers Family.

No other option for buying shares will be available.

A shortened Q&A then took place and was as follows.

Q1: What is happening about the money that is owed to Rangers by the S.P.L etc ?

C.G: "The S.P.L are refusing to hand what is due to Rangers and the fight against these disgraceful decisions was still ongoing"

Q2: Would Rangers Consider putting a Team back into the N.I Milk Cup ?

C.G: "This had already been raised by the Youth Team Coach and would definitely be looked at in the future"

Q3: Would Rangers consider bringing out an Orange Top?

C.G: "Yes, they have a number of designs and are coming near agreement with Adidas"

Q4: Will you continue with the fight against all Rangers enemies out there as you have been doing ?

C.G: "Absolutely and with everything in my body, I wasn't a Rangers Supporter when I came here but I am now"

Q5: Would Rangers Consider flying the 4 Home Nations Flags alongside the flags already above Ibrox ?

C.G "I dont see why Not as the contribution and dedication of Rangers Fans throughout the U.K and the world is second to none and should be recognised"

He know's how to work a crowd, I'll give him that.
bigphill67 (09-29-2012), Bilbobaggins (10-17-2012), roamer (11-21-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #114
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Had a discussion with a jock at work today:

Me: did you see Kompanys goal last night? What a finish!

Him: ah get fucked will ye, we were unlucky

Me: did you actually watch the game? You got hammered!

Him: get tee fuck did we

Me: whatever mate, you should know you are shite by now, just accept it and move on, I'm a Manchester City fan, we were nearly as bad as Scotland once

Him: I don't follow the national team any more anyway, too many protestants

Me: are you a fenian twat then?

Him: raging bright red face and stomped off to the sound of my laughter
soi 2 (10-17-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #115
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Pretty one sided game. As might be expected I suppose. The Belgians have some great players just now. No shame in losing away to them and they certainly did look like winning the game all the way through.

I don't want Scotland to do badly, I just hate the football association and the fancy dress clowns that go to the games.

Wonder what the odds are of Scotland coming last in that group ? This is as dismal a bunch as I can ever remember.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #116
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

mate Belgium have a GREAT crop of youngsters coming thru. Kompany is only 25ish for fucks sake.
Hazard
De Bruyne
Miralles (sp?)
Bentake
Vertonghen

with the right coaching, they could become a very useful side indeed.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #117
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soi 2 View Post
Pretty one sided game. As might be expected I suppose. The Belgians have some great players just now. No shame in losing away to them and they certainly did look like winning the game all the way through.

I don't want Scotland to do badly, I just hate the football association and the fancy dress clowns that go to the games.

Wonder what the odds are of Scotland coming last in that group ? This is as dismal a bunch as I can ever remember.
agree totally there. more of a case of 'Look at me in my skirt' than supporting the team, sadly.

btw Gaz... easy to get tickets for home games now, you fancy doing one this season? I'd come up for a game if you do mate

Last edited by Bilbobaggins : 10-17-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Bilbobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #118
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins View Post
btw Gaz... easy to get tickets for home games now, you fancy doing one this season? I'd come up for a game if you do mate
Hi Bill, I'd be up for it but I work every weekend.. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday are my main work days, that's my week. The gym like their pound of flesh for giving me a few months off. It would take a bit of planning for me to get a weekend off. Nice idea though.

Queens Park v Rangers at Hampden for the original Glasgow derby this weekend. 4,000 tickets left at Hampden. Going to be another busy one.

Let's hope Ally McCoist can get it right this time.......
Bilbobaggins (10-17-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #119
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Default Rangers win the tax case

Breaking news... Rangers won the Big Tax Case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-20414804

The former Rangers Football Club has won an appeal against a tax bill over its use of Employee Benefit Trusts.

The club, which is now in liquidation, used the scheme from 2001 to 2010 to make £47.65m in payments to players and staff in the form of tax-free loans.

HM Revenue and Customs had challenged the payments, arguing that they were illegal.

Rangers disputed the bill and a First Tier Tax Tribunal (FTT) has ruled the payments were loans that can be repaid.

In its ruling, which two judges endorsed, with one dissenting, the FTT concluded: "This was a lengthy appeal, heard over 29 days and set down over an extended period.

"The majority view reflects the argument that the controversial monies received by the employees were not paid to them as their absolute entitlement.

"The legal effect of the trust/loan structure is sufficient to preclude this. Thus the payments are loans, not earnings, and so are recoverable from the employee or his estate.

"The dissenting opinion adopts the approach set down by the decision of the House of Lords in Ramsay in 1981.

"By giving regard to the intentions of the parties entering the arrangements, and in the absence of commercial reality for the loan structure, the monies received by the employees via the trust constitute earnings for income tax purposes.

"At the request of parties, the tribunal agreed to anonymise the published form of the decision."

Old Rangers was under the control of Sir David Murray when it began using EBTs.

He sold the club for £1 to Scottish businessman Craig Whyte in 2011, while the tax liability was in dispute.

The FTT, before a judge, concluded in February, the same month as the old Rangers, now under the control of Mr Whyte, was forced into administration by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) over non-payment of tax totalling about £14m.

HMRC subsequently rejected proposals for a creditors agreement that would have allowed the old club to continue.

Administrators Duff and Phelps then negotiated a sale of assets to a consortium led by Charles Green for £5.5m.

He has since formed a new club, now playing in the Scottish Football League Third Division.

So Rangers did nothing wrong... forget stripping league titles and honours.
old crust (11-20-2012), roamer (11-21-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #120
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Celtic dummies will be out of their prams when they hear this. Let's hope they get them back in time so they can chuck them out again after a stuffing in their beloved Lisbon.
soi 2 (11-20-2012)