Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Technical Forum : Board Technical Forum : Question on music videos from Youtube

Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Default Question on music videos from Youtube

Lots of times going back to play the music videos here from Youtube I'll get a "video no longer available" or whatewer message. You can go back and do another search and pick up the video and put it back here on the board, but it's time consuming and really annoying. Do you know if Youtube is able to put some kind of time limit on the videos, or maybe the people who originally uploaded the music video to Youtube did? Is there a way around this?

I learned to look for the statement under the code at Youtube about the person doesn't allow embedding of the video...when that's there it can't be put on here.

But I was wondering about this other deal. If some of you put on videos a long time ago and haven't played them here in a long time, there's a good chance they aren't good anymore. Almost every one on page one of the Stones was no good...I'm not looking forward to page 2.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
jonny

3k nerd club

Shouts:

Send a message via AIM to jonny

mack I think its pretty much a copyright issue. All someone has to do is look at that video on youtube and click the buttom that reports the video and they remove it?
jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
mack

Shouts:

Thanks jonny....why don't people mind their own business?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
nosehair

Advanced Member

Shouts:

It's OK mack....the only people who look at our youtube threads are you, ferocious, gonzo and meself....no one else knows anything is missing
Old 08-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #5
mack

Shouts:

ok, but I was hoping there was a fix for it because I like to go back and play videos I've put on plus some of the vids you guys have put on and it's very annoying to get that message across the screen.

Here's a question for you nose and any other people who post the music vids. Here is the scenario (nothing is ever straight-forward with me, is it? ) I'm looking at the music and click on a gonzo tune, or nose, or ferocious one.... The dreaded "video will not play anymore you fuckhead" flashes across the screen. Is it ok if I want to hear it to edit your guy's posts and try to find that video again on youtube? Will you feel weird seeing your video with an "edited by the knobhead mack" attached to your post?
Old 08-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #6
nosehair

Advanced Member

Shouts:

mack me m8tey...you can do anything to me threads you want...it's all for enjoyment.....

....the only thing about youtube that pisses me off a bit, is what you mentioned above.

When you finally find a great tune and it reads disabled by posters request or summat like that....I just can't figure why a guy would want to deprive the masses from hearing or seeing something cool.

There was a Dwight Yokum song..."As Fast As You"...that I always really dug and wanted to capture it for you guys and Dwight, his own self, disabled all the different recordings of the song:....It could of sold a few more records for him, but in his infinite wisdom he said :bigfignertoyounose:

...and while I'm at it...where the hell is Led Zepplin:...I can find a couple of Jimmy Page clips with Robert Plant....but none of the good shit....give me "Houses of the Holy":have they pulled all there old stuff
Old 08-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #7
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack View Post
Here's a question for you nose and any other people who post the music vids. Here is the scenario (nothing is ever straight-forward with me, is it? ) I'm looking at the music and click on a gonzo tune, or nose, or ferocious one.... The dreaded "video will not play anymore you fuckhead" flashes across the screen. Is it ok if I want to hear it to edit your guy's posts and try to find that video again on youtube? Will you feel weird seeing your video with an "edited by the knobhead mack" attached to your post?
No problem here mate, help yourself. Music is for sharing after all
mack (08-02-2007)
Old 08-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #8
mack

Shouts:

Well now you've alerted the music hounds to some tunes that you've been looking for so 6 or 7 detectives on the search will maybe find some Zep and the Dwight song.

I've wondered that too...someone takes the time to make a video to their favorite song, put it on Youtube...and put restrictions on it so that no one can copy it for their site ...strange.