Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Thailand Forum : Your Experience Married To A Thai

Old 09-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #11
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjam View Post

My girl is different (I might regret this saying one day)

Cos she used to be a bloke?
foz (09-17-2009), Lemon face (09-21-2009)
Old 09-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
bouncer

Macks Minder

Shouts:

What is mrs fig working whith,, you probably posted it but i have missed it.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #13
bouncer

Macks Minder

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork Handles View Post
Cos she used to be a bloke?

Oppps a bit hard on the old boy ,,,,,,,

he didnt invite you to his last barbecue ??
Old 09-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #14
yusamile

Advanced Member

Shouts:

yusamile is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by simie View Post
Milky, not being funny but what a girl did before they became a bar girl is far less relavent than what they do and how they conduct themselves when they give it up. The point is you cannot undo being a bar girl but you can move on from there. ↲
Simie.
This raises an interesting point, ... well for me anyway ,......does becoming a bar or gogo girl override any previous lifestyle a girl may have had , such that 6 years as a teacher and whatever before that becomes corrupted and undone ? Does the lifestyle of a bargirl almost completely erode any semblance of the " good " girl that may have been present before she arrived in bar world ?

I imagine time would be a factor . I see it now as kind of like being a drug addict. I know several people who were lovely, harmless, do anything to help you kind of people, but introduced to drugs and taking a liking to it changed them for the worst. They became untrustworthy lying thieves who would sell their mother for a shot. But given the desire to stop using and some rehab, have returned pretty much to being responsible productive members of society.....Thats a strong desire and a lot of time and rehab.

Maybe there should be a rehab for bargirls.

Sorry to the OP for going slightly off topic .
bouncer (09-17-2009), Chuck_Wao (04-23-2011)
Old 09-17-2009, 04:51 AM   #15
BigBadSi

2k No Life Club

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
2. Other TG's in your own country.

The number 2 biggest cause of trouble in your marriage will be other Thai's.
God knows why. You'd think they would all be nice to each other in the falang country but they aren't.

First question they will ask each other when they meet. ' How much does he give you'.

Your Missus might say this much and the other girl will always lie and say she gets more.
Result........Your missus will get twisted up and the other girl will be giving her bloke a hard time as well if she's getting less.

They are bastards.

This competition thing I've seen in all TG's. Rich and poor. Of course I see the poor in Pattaya but I also see the richest TG's as well in Zurich. The above two things are killers for a relationship.

TG's have a do or die attitude as well. They live for today and do have the guts to walk away and start again. I've not met many that have had the sense to know they are on a good thing. So so many kill the golden goose. You only have to read the boards to understand Thai mentality.

How many girls go weeks without a customer then next bloke who wants to take them gets hit with double price. Same with hotels same with everything in LOS.
this i totally agree with its been the source of many tears from the missus most of em are shit
Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #16
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusamile View Post
This raises an interesting point, ... well for me anyway ,......does becoming a bar or gogo girl override any previous lifestyle a girl may have had , such that 6 years as a teacher and whatever before that becomes corrupted and undone ? Does the lifestyle of a bargirl almost completely erode any semblance of the " good " girl that may have been present before she arrived in bar world ?

I imagine time would be a factor . I see it now as kind of like being a drug addict. I know several people who were lovely, harmless, do anything to help you kind of people, but introduced to drugs and taking a liking to it changed them for the worst. They became untrustworthy lying thieves who would sell their mother for a shot. But given the desire to stop using and some rehab, have returned pretty much to being responsible productive members of society.....Thats a strong desire and a lot of time and rehab.

Maybe there should be a rehab for bargirls.

Sorry to the OP for going slightly off topic .
Yusamile, I think it depends on the girl, they all change/harden to one extent or another but depending on the person inside the extent of it (and if they are irrevocably damaged) varies. In my personal experience you may find some that can change for the better even after being in the bar for 2 or 3 years. Whilst others have turned into hardcore whores after 5 or 6 weeks.
But this is rather off topic from what the original poster was asking. In his case I think if he is living in Thailand and has met a middle class girl with zero connection to the nightlife industry then he stands more of a chance than if he's chasing a hardcore whore he just met in Nanaplaza. But people still need to keep their wits about them and be aware of potential pitfalls. And obviously not leave their brain at swampy as so many people seem to?!
Simie.
simie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simie For This Useful Post:
yusamile (09-17-2009)
Old 09-19-2009, 04:49 AM   #17
sabang

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I think a period living together before tying the knot is sound policy.
Other than that, don't listen too closely to either naysayers or starry eyed optimists. Every relationship is different, unique in it's own way. Some work out, some don't.
I've lived here four years, an know some very succesful marriages- including to ex-BG's. Have seen the opposite too. But you could say the same about marriage to a farang girl.
sabang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sabang For This Useful Post:
Figjam (09-27-2009), hawk3164 (09-19-2009)
Old 09-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #18
tankrat

Shouts:

Good topic,I thought id make a contribution
I have been married to a Thai girl for over 12 years,I am 37 years old,she is four years younger than me I am still married to her but I have been separated from her for 1 year,I did not meet her in Thailand I met her in Darling Harbour in Sydney sitting down eating lunch opposite her.She is a good girl,even though the relationship and marrige didnt workout I could still talk to her tommorrow but I dont have her new number,she left me for a man that earns more money than me,I hope she is more happy now,I didnt have any children with her either
I have just returned from Pattaya 2 days ago,I myself think that Thai ladys are the most beautiful women in the world by far,I dont date farang women I hate them,they stink are rude and fat.
For the first few days when I was in Patts I butterflied around and tried a few different girls,I found a girl that I really like,but from my past experience I will be very wary and tread lightly this time,Ive only known her now for 3 weeks,I gave her my number before I left because I want to keep in touch with her and build a relationship over the coming years
I hope this info has helped but be wary,think with your brain first before your dick If you are considering marrige I hope It works out for you
cheers Rod
tankrat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tankrat For This Useful Post:
hawk3164 (09-19-2009), Lemon face (09-21-2009), riki (10-23-2010)
Old 09-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
Grazel

non posting member

Shouts:

Mrs Grazel and I have been married now for over 2.5 years and so far it has been all good. We have had to jump through a few hoops re visas etc, but that is all behind us now. She works in a Singapore style restaurant as a waitress and enjoys it. It also keeps us apart during many hours in the day, so we look forward to the time we have together. She has access to Lao food ingredients and also eats most English grub if she is hungry.

She sends her own money back, and I pay for the bills etc. Doesnt cost me much and she really loves the UK. She is not a complex person and sees life in black n white terms which in some resepects is very refreshing. We go back to Thailand twice per year which gives me a holiday and her a chance to see the family.

All in all, everything is rosie.
Grazel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grazel For This Useful Post:
hawk3164 (09-19-2009), yusamile (09-19-2009)
Old 09-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #20
monsterman

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I have been with Djaer 14 years now 12 married ....she is a Diamond ...a great wife, mother and friend......Works hard and is smart although not educated ...she turns a reasonable blind eye to my Mia Nois two wheeled and 2 legged as they arnot a threat to her position One mia Noi has been around for 6 years , strange but Djaer actually sees it as me being loyal to someone else who is part of my family group ...I am not saying she likes it but she sees it as a confirmation of my commitment to people I care about and that actually makes he feel more secure.
Chuck_Wao (04-23-2011), Figjam (09-19-2009), foz (09-21-2009), Lemon face (09-21-2009), yusamile (09-19-2009)