Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Pattaya Newbies Section : Advice for a July/early August Trip

Old 01-13-2008, 05:27 AM   #1
Classyexec

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Question Advice for a July/early August Trip

It's looking like I'll be able to get away to Pattaya around July 25, for 2 weeks. I've read a lot of comments about how hot and humid it can be at that time, and that low season brings fewer ladies to choose from, etc. Given the timeframe, any particular advice for me? Bars or streets to avoid, places to make sure I get to, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

Rich
Classyexec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Its never a bad time, and there'll still be plenty to choose from.

I'd avoid soi 15 (off Walking St) but thats just me.

You may also choose to avoid most of the places between soi 13/2 and Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Rd), and soi VC...Winston can explain that one.

Have you picked a hotel yet?
Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
torrenova

Babysitter

Shouts:

Don't worry about the weather. Even if it rains it is usually heavy for a short while 2 or 3 times a day maximum and then its all over and bright sunshine. What's the worst that could happen ? you'd be rained in a bar !

Lots of girls all year. If there are less punters then there are more girls to choose from and even if their numbers go down (which it doesn't really) then you've still got many many to choose from. Its not like there are 100 blokes and 101 girls, more like 1000 blokes and 10,000 girls.

Where to go ? follow your feet and eyes. Don't get fucked over in some semi clip joints or places where the girls have drink begging down to a fine art. Be careful until you've found your feet.

Always take some cards from your hotel. You'd be amazed how many people ask me at the end of the night to get them home when they don't remember which hotel they are in or where it is !

Finally, make sure to drop me a line and we can hook up for a beer or 20 !

If you need to find me, you will know where to look. I will be there long after I am gone.
torrenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
woodman2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I am there July and have been for the past few years.

The number of ladies is never an issue. The attention you get from the girls in the bars when they are quiet is amazing, especially at the end of the month when they are skint.

If you plan on being a cheap Charlie you can negotiate some good deals. Last year 2 girls for 1000 Baht LT seemed to be in vogue.

The humidity you can`t do much about other than not hike anywhere during the day, get a Baht bus or moto. The nights are a tad cooler although not much less humid.

If it is an issue for you dive into an air-con bar or go-go or sit under a fan or even pop into V20. Its amazing how -16 Degrees and a shot of voddie cools you down.

Wear loose cotton clothes, not a polyester football shirt, shorts and sandals and you will be the best dressed man in town.

If the humidity is really an issue in your plans then maybe Skeggy would be a better option.

As for avoiding places, why?. Every soi and bar complex has quiet place and busy places whatever the season.

Half of the fun at any time is exploring the bars to find one that suits your taste. Just because I for instance like a certain bar doesn`t mean you will and vice versa.

Enjoy your trip. I guarantee when you get back that your main memory of the place will not be the humidity.
woodman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woodman2 For This Useful Post:
bazzap (01-13-2008)
Old 01-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
woolsey

Advanced Member

Shouts:

id worry more about the air fare cost mate, most expensive time o year, looking at 750 plus for direct allready.
woolsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Lots of good responses raised so far to your question so far Classyexec. Too expand on one or two of them I would say.

In low season some beer bar areas around town will be quite quiet. As much as I like soi 2,3,4 etc I wouldn't spend much time there at that time of year and would head to Walking Street area. Soi 7 or 8 would be another decent choice.

Personally I like the disco freelance scene. Should be lots of top talent down there that hasn't been barfined and ends up in them. I would consider having a look at the Marine Disco and Insomnia.

Expect some rain. I even find cotton t-shirts a bit heavy sometimes in the humidity so I quite like vests or anything without sleeves. Get some rehydration sachets at Boots the chemist and start taking them even when you feel OK, before you get dehydrated. Like woodman2 says though - humidity will not be the main memory of your holiday !

Low season is a good time to go. Less punter's - more choice. Hungry Season as my mate likes to call it !
soi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soi 2 For This Useful Post:
bazzap (01-13-2008), paul4861 (01-13-2008)