Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : Thaksin to buy Man City?

Old 05-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #21
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampeng View Post
I havnt had anything to drink.
I could go on all night about what a scumbag Barton and family is.
Fucking inbread racist scum.

So you know them personally??? tell me more. or shut up.

Now matter how much drink I have cosumed I would not punch a Everton fan who looked about 12 to me just cos of some snide coment.

Looked about 12?? some snide comment? try 2 hours of abuse, you obviously know fuck all about what happened, a friend of mine was there at the time. I was in a taxi back to Pattaya after the game.

It wasnt all night so get you facts right.

It's you needs to review your information.

You might think its Ok to punch kids when your drunk.

No I don't, but if you got a bellyfull of beer (thats a lot in my case) then it's not so easy to ignore comments about a member of your family that you had nothing to do with. Barton made an appeal for him to give himself up IF YOU REMEMBER.

Barton is a complete fucking twat.

Wow we agree finally.

Time will prove me right.

It already has sampeng.

Shite like him will never change.
I don't care anymore.
But Dabo is still shite

baggins...
Bilbobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #22
Sampeng

Cheap Charlie

Shouts:

Sampeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #23
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

you got me there fella

Baggins...
Old 05-05-2007, 03:24 AM   #24
nosehair

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampeng View Post
I am pretty sure, although not positive, that this chick was photographed having a beer with another l/b at Hammers Cherry Bar one night last fall, possibly around Christmas time.

I tried to find the photo that Adam posted on Revealed but have been unable to find it.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:44 PM   #25
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

From the Bangkok Post of May 14th:

Thaksin poised to buy Man City

By BangkokPost.com from reports

The People newspaper reports that ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinwatra is "on the verge" of taking over Manchester City Football club for 100 million pounds - 6.8 billion baht.

The People reports that City officials are expecting a positive response from Mr Thaksin this week when his accounts end their due diligence examination of the team's books.

That could lead to a summer takeover by Mr Thaksin. The People said he is "desperate to become a Premiership club owner after failing with a bid to buy Liverpool two years ago."

The Sunday Mirror said that Mr Thaksin was expected to pay 130 million pounds for the club "inside the next 10 days."

If he does take over Man City, the ex-premier coiuld be targetting manager Gerard Houllier.

The Sunday Mirror said Mr Thaksin's plans include an approach to Lyon coach Houllier to replace Stuart Pearce.

"Whether I'm going to be here next season or not is out of my hands. I hope it's me but if it isn't me I'll move on and manage elsewhere," Pearce told reporters last week.

But Pearce looks certain to be sacked following a poor season - and chairman John Wardle may take the decision as early as this week.

That would open the door for Houllier, who is keen on a return to the Premiership after guiding Lyon to two titles in two years.

Houllier has a clause in his deal with the French club allowing him to move back to England.

Many fans hoped Sam Allardyce would be the man Wardle turned to, but he looks destined for Newcastle.

And while he has strong support inside the current City regime, Shinawatra is looking for a big continental name to lead his efforts to revive the fortunes of a club who have now gone 31 years without winning a top trophy, the Sunday Mirror report said.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #26
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Pearce has been 'relieved of his duties' as of today.
I for one am glad to see him go but wish him the best in his future.
If Thaksin takes over then I hope against hope we will get a proven manager in, and that he is given a substantial amount of cash to spend reviving this dying club.
I went to Tottenham yesterday and there were loads of empty seats in the City end, I can't remember the last time I saw that in a last game of the season.

Baggins...
Old 05-19-2007, 08:57 PM   #27
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Thaksin makes formal bid for Man City

By BangkokPost.com from Agencies

Officials at the Premier League club insist they remain in talks with "a number" of different parties, but Thaksin Shinawatra's lawyer Noppadon Pattama claims the former prime minister has made a formal bid to take over the City of Manchester club.

"What I can say now is we have tendered a bid for the team," Mr Noppadon said.

"The bid was made a few days ago but we still don't know the final outcome of the deal."

Several Thai-language newspapers reported on Saturday that a 100-million pound (7 billion baht or $198 million) deal had already been reached, but Mr Noppadon said this was premature.

"The deal is not formally or legally concluded yet," he said.

Local media have become obsessed over how Mr Thaksin intends to pay for Manchester City if he wins the bid. Any withdrawal from Thailand banks of more than $50 million would require the approval of the central bank.

The wealth of the former premier has been estimated by Forbes magazine and others at around $3 billion, including at least some in the name of his wife and children.

Mr Thaksin on Wednesday told a Thai community radio station that if he went ahead with the football club purchase, it would be for the good of the nation.

"If a Thai person becomes the owner of a European football club, this will raise the profile of Thailand and the Thai football teams," Mr Noppadon said in an interview with Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa.

"It will be good for sports development in Thailand, for instance we might be able to send Thai kids to a football academy in the UK in the future," Mr Noppadon added.

Mr Noppadon added that Mr Thaksin and advisers had to be silent because they had to follow stock regulations in buying a listed company.

The reports said Mr Thaksin would become club chairman and that he wanted to bring former Chelsea coach Claudio Ranieri to replace sacked manager Stuart Pearce.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote