Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
jonny

3k nerd club

Shouts:

Send a message via AIM to jonny
Default Extra Board Features...

For you guys who have used forums before, you will probably recognise and be familiar with most of the boards basic features, such as posting pictures, using the VB code, rating threads and sending pm's etc, but I thought I would highlight some of the boards extra features, some of which you may not have seen before. If you are not yet familiar with the pictures and vb code etc then why have a look through our FAQ pages where there are detailed explanations on how to use the features.

I will update this thread when we add extra items to the board so you know roughly what they are and how to use them!

Member Map - This is in integrated google map where members can post where they are in the world. They can add pictures and a brief description. As it is a google map, you can zoom right in and view the satelite image of where people are in the world. It is a good indicator of who you are chatting to and where they are in the world.

Thank you button - This is an ajax thank you system. If someone has responded with a post you would like to thank, then instead of posting it in the thread just hit the thank you button in their post! It will let them know you have thanked them and is much better and easier than writing in a new post!

Gallery - This is a basic gallery but it does work pretty well. Basically if you go to the gallery and click upload it will take you to the normal thread creation page. If you add your picture via hotlinking (i.e. using the [img] tags) in the body of the thread and thats it then it will take a thumbnail of that picture and display it on the main gallery page. Members can rate your picture and respond to it in the thread. If you are posting multiple pictures maybe it is better to start a thread for each picture then they will all display on the main gallery front page.

Stats - We have an extensive stats add on. These are pretty self explanatory, why not go and have a look at them! You can output graphs and extra things not seen on the normal run of the mill stats you see elsewhere!

Shoutbox - This is located on the main homepage of the board. This is a realtime ajax chatbox you can chat to the other members in real time. it is better than a live chat as you do not have to leave the home page. You can also click through to the shoutbox page and look at the shoutbox history and stats! This is a great addition to the board and good fun too.

MP3 Player - This is the newest addition to the board. Advanced members can load tracks into it by clicking "add track" and adding the path to the mp3. Please note for licensing reasons the mp3 player will only play mp3's hosting on other sites. If you want a specific track then why not send me a pm and I will try and find it for you and load it into the player. Please also note that the tracks have to be turned on by the admin. Once you have uploaded a few tracks let one of us know and we will enable it in the player. it is a great addition to the board and works very well. I use it all the time!

If you've seen another great feature elsewhere that you would like to see here then why not post it and I will see what I can do! We are allways looking for new add ons to the board and are not afraid to do some coding now and again!
jonny is offline   Reply With Quote