Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : Bjorn Borg Withdraws From Exhibition Match In Liverpool

Old 06-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Default Bjorn Borg Withdraws From Exhibition Match In Liverpool

Borg Withdraws From Exhibition Match- Monday, June 11, 2007
(06-11) 09:18 PDT LIVERPOOL, England (AP) --

Bjorn Borg was severely bitten in the leg by a German shepherd while trying to stop a dogfight and withdrew from his first grass-court match in 26 years.

The five-time Wimbledon champion was bitten in his right leg when he tried to pull the dog, Wolf, away from his golden retriever, Lipton, at his home in Sweden over the weekend.

He was scheduled to play 1987 Wimbledon champion Pat Cash in an exhibition at the Liverpool International this week, marking his first grass-court singles match since losing to John McEnroe in the 1981 Wimbledon final.

"I'm so disappointed that I cannot play at Liverpool," Borg said on the tournament Web site. "I've been really looking forward to this event and have been practicing hard for four months to get ready."

Borg, who received medical treatment at a Stockholm hospital, cannot put any weight on the leg for at least six weeks.

Former Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek will replace Borg, who is still expected to attend the event as a spectator.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote