Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Pattaya Newbies Section : Newbie! Need some help Guys

Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
jack2012

Shouts:

Default Newbie! Need some help Guys

Well Im heading to Pattaya at the end of march and I wanted to ask some questions. I will only be there for six days but from what I have read one day in pattaya is better than nothing. I have been to Costa Rica but I have never travel to this part of the world (meaning Thailand). I am traveling alone but I am street savy and I know what not to do (meaning: dont get hammered and walk around waving 100 dollar bills). I have read the newbie page and help tips but still have some questions.

1. Is the end of March a good time to go regarding over crowding and how busy the bars are.
2. When is the best time to fly into BKK and should i fly direct or transfer in hong kong.
3. How much actual cash should I bring. I was thinking about 500.00 and then use my atm when I need more money. Is that good?
4. I will be there for 6 days. Is 1500.00 a good budget to have after air and hotel or do I need more?
5. any good 3/4 star hotel on second street? I want to stay close to the action so I can walk to everything. Dont want to sight see!
6. Do I need to see my DR before I go to get my proper shots or will I be ok?

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure. Any other do's and donts is appreciated.

Thanks in andvance guys!
jack2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Welcome to the board matey.

1. Its as good a time as any. Don't worry about overcrowding. Plenty of bars and whores to go around.
2.Any time after lunch is a good time to arrive. A 10pm arrival will still see you in Pattaya by midnight.
3.Plenty of ATMs, but you will get a transfer charge from you bank. No problem for six days, can get expensive on long trips.
4. $200 per day will get you a damn good time., especially if you don't go overboard buying drinks.
5.The Lek is on 2nd Rd. Old now but still good value. The sois running off it are not long and are safe at night, so any of the hotels on 13, or soi Diana, 2 or 3, or 7 and 8 if you want to be really close to bars. Just choose one that has the facilities you want.
6. No shots needed. A good idea to get sone insect spray from a 7-11 (they are everywhere) and spray the room for mozzies when you arrive.
7. Don't fall in love!
8. See 7
Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
jack2012

Shouts:

LMAO - I think I got 7 and 8. lol Well thanks for the info. I think I should be fine.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
Rusty Trom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

After one day in Pattaya you may wish you had spent all six in Pattaya, so go there first!

Good luck!
Rusty Trom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty Trom For This Useful Post:
jack2012 (02-27-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
thailearner

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Is Pattaya at the end of your trip in Thailand ?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #6
jack2012

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thailearner View Post
Is Pattaya at the end of your trip in Thailand ?
No that will be my only stop. I will end the whole time in pattaya. march 24th thur april 1st. It might be a week earlier also.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
thailearner

Advanced Member

Shouts:

see you there I arrive on the 24th as well
Old 03-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #8
urmy

non posting member

Shouts:

Have a good trip
urmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
jimmycricket

Advanced Member

Shouts:

1. I went on my first trip last year at the end of March, there is AT LEAST 4 girls for every guy anywhere you go.
2. Whichever plane ticket is the cheapest imo.
3. Yeah spliting up your money is good. Keep that 500 somewhere unique like special pocket or in show or such, that way if you lose wallet you got 500, if you lose 500 you still got wallet (my feelings at least)
4. on $250 a day you can live like a king. spend 20-50 a day for your hotel then maybe 7-30 per day for food. And you still got at least 170 bucks for beer and broads (that gos a long way if you don't overpay) You can shag 2-6 girls a day on your budget.
5. dont know about 4 star places, when i went i stayed at a smaller place called the links. cost me like 18 a day, rooms where very clean staff is trustworthy and nice and tbh the food was pretty good and they can bring it up for you if you like. It was on the sound end of 2nd street. A nice long walk to both LK metro and walking street, but I did it all the time and im a fat basterd.
6. You dont need to, but if you can get typhoid feaver shots and all those things thatll be better. I didnt and i never got anything... well except the clap lol.
bouncer (03-21-2012)