im all booked reg,i used sawadee.com pretty easy

did they sort hotels & transport ???
Old 10-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #12
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
i'm meant to be going krabi & kohn kaen in january but not sorted dates/hotels/transport out yet but i'll be flying or i won't be going
Reg I think Thai are the only ones fly direct to KK, unless it has changed very recently, alternative is to fly cheap to Udon and get the bus back.
Hotel in Khon Kaen try the Charoen Princess Thani, really nice.
Krabi is lovely for about 3 nights, but expensive for accomodation and not much of a barscene.
Enjoy

Baggins...
Bilbobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bilbobaggins For This Useful Post:
ferocious (10-12-2007)
Old 10-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #13
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
did they sort hotels & transport ???
Think they only do hotels Reg

Baggins...
Bilbobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bilbobaggins For This Useful Post:
ferocious (10-12-2007)
Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #14
penetrator

Advanced Member

Shouts:

If you've got time Si why not get the ferry from Krabi to Phi Phi and then from Phi Phi to Phuket even if it's just for 1 day. You can also get a ferry direct to Phuket from Krabi and vice versa but the lying little cunts at the Phuket ferry departure point lied to me and said mai mee (no have) so I got the bus which was fine.
penetrator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to penetrator For This Useful Post:
BigBadSi (10-12-2007)
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #15
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Si,

If we had some idea of your itinerary it would be easier to give you some pointers.

A couple of general points though .........

Rail ..... it's inexpensive and the network is pretty decent. Overnight first class sleeper is the way to go if your heading up north (Chiang Mai) or down south (Surathani/Chumphon) ..... what you pay in fares you'll make up in hotel savings. It's also a great way to meet some local talent and see a bit of the countryside.

Air ..... basically down to where you're starting off from/headed to. Pattaya and Air Asia from Suvarnabhumi or Bangkok and Nok Air from Don Mueang. Some destinations (Sukhothai, Samui, Trat) you'll have no option but to go Bangkok Airways. Air Asia is currently receiving brand new A320s to replace its original 737s. Both Nok and Air Asia have some great 3 Baht/0 Baht deals on at the moment, including Hanoi. I prefer Nok because they have allocated seats rather than the mad rush you experience on AirAsia and I tend to be heading into BKK rather than down to Pattaya.

Car and driver ....... cheap as chips and loads of companies do them. Cost is anywhere between 1,800 and 2,500 Baht a day plus fuel.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tom For This Useful Post:
BigBadSi (10-12-2007)
Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 AM   #16
BigBadSi

2k No Life Club

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by penetrator View Post
If you've got time Si why not get the ferry from Krabi to Phi Phi and then from Phi Phi to Phuket even if it's just for 1 day. You can also get a ferry direct to Phuket from Krabi and vice versa but the lying little cunts at the Phuket ferry departure point lied to me and said mai mee (no have) so I got the bus which was fine.
we will be getting ferry to Phuket as were doing 4 nights in krabi and 4 in phuket
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Si,

If we had some idea of your itinerary it would be easier to give you some pointers.

A couple of general points though .........

Rail ..... it's inexpensive and the network is pretty decent. Overnight first class sleeper is the way to go if your heading up north (Chiang Mai) or down south (Surathani/Chumphon) ..... what you pay in fares you'll make up in hotel savings. It's also a great way to meet some local talent and see a bit of the countryside.

Air ..... basically down to where you're starting off from/headed to. Pattaya and Air Asia from Suvarnabhumi or Bangkok and Nok Air from Don Mueang. Some destinations (Sukhothai, Samui, Trat) you'll have no option but to go Bangkok Airways. Air Asia is currently receiving brand new A320s to replace its original 737s. Both Nok and Air Asia have some great 3 Baht/0 Baht deals on at the moment, including Hanoi. I prefer Nok because they have allocated seats rather than the mad rush you experience on AirAsia and I tend to be heading into BKK rather than down to Pattaya.

Car and driver ....... cheap as chips and loads of companies do them. Cost is anywhere between 1,800 and 2,500 Baht a day plus fuel.
My travel arrangements are(hotels booked already) 4th Jan CM (4 nights) then head to krabi 8th Jan (4 nights) then phuket 12th Jan (4 nights) then back to pattaya

Nok look pretty decent Air Asia only have a 10KG baggage allowance and charge per kilo over Nok have 15Kg
Old 10-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #17
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadSi View Post

My travel arrangements are(hotels booked already) 4th Jan CM (4 nights) then head to krabi 8th Jan (4 nights) then phuket 12th Jan (4 nights) then back to pattaya

Nok look pretty decent Air Asia only have a 10KG baggage allowance and charge per kilo over Nok have 15Kg
The baggage allowance on Thai Air Asia is 15 kg.

Quote:
Free Baggage Allowance: You may transport free of charge checked Baggage up to a maximum weight of 15 kg subject to the conditions and limitations contained in our Terms & Conditions.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tom For This Useful Post:
BigBadSi (10-12-2007)
Old 10-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #18
BigBadSi

2k No Life Club

Shouts:

cheers tom i must have read wrong
Old 10-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #19
penetrator

Advanced Member

Shouts:

In case you have any pompen getting info on the Krabi - Phuket ferry there was a restaurant that advertises the service when I was there this time last year. If you follow the beach rd round to the left as it goes up the slight hill away from the beach at its eastern end the restaurant is about 50 - 100 yards up on the left, think you have to walk up some steps into the place. There was a poster on the wall advertising the ferry.

It's probably around where the 1st 'a' is in 'Phra Nang Inn' on the attached map.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ao-nang-beach_map.jpg (217.6 KB, 9 views)
penetrator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penetrator For This Useful Post:
BigBadSi (10-12-2007), ferocious (10-12-2007)
Old 10-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #20
BigBadSi

2k No Life Club

Shouts:

cheers pen im staying at a hotel on that map srikusant