Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2023, 05:09 AM   #11
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Mate bought the tickets through Yorkshire CCC. Same as buying them off ECB I would think. They were bought around November last year and there wasn't much choice left, so we ended up in the East Stand. Good view though. They were £80 each I think. Bumped into a lad I used to play cricket with and he went to the Lords Test. Had tickets in the Dennis Compton Upper at £180 each.

Which is about $360 AU for one day at the Test.

I just checked my old WACA membership costs. I was a Country member as I lived more than 100ks away from Perth. Country membership is now $340 AU a year. For that, you get a ticket to the Perth Test for 5 days and all the Perth Scorchers Big Bash games at the new Optus stadium. Also, any Australian men's ODI or T20 games played in Perth. All Australian women's games played at the WACA plus any domestic Western Australian Men's games (Sheffield Shield and One Dayers) played at the WACA. The Optus Stadium is over the river from the WACA.

Not a bad deal but better back in the 90s when we got all Australian men's internationals plus WA men's games plus AFL & NRL games. Plus there was a proper Member's stand. I let my membership lapse after 26 years when I retired to Thailand.

Interestingly, back in the 80s when I joined the WACA you had to know someone to be recommended for membership. The local Newman Cricket Association president was a mate. These days it is open to anyone.

The last time I was there was in Nov 2013 with Fozzie and his young bloke on their "Abbo Bashing Tour". It was a practice game for the Poms against a hastily put-together WA B side. Some of those blokes are in the current Ashes squads

Jimmy not looking too impressed

Reg's mate was there too

ferocious (07-18-2023), Frankie (07-21-2023)