Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Pattaya Newbies Section : travel advice from bangkok to pattaya

Old 01-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
Esco

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Nothing wrong with Bangkok or Nana. No idea why the place always get slagged off on these boards. Was there in October last time and a LT didnt cost me a satang more. Less bars but still enough choice and definitely good for first night on arrival to get used to the silly amount of alcohol in your system combined with the heat.
Esco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #12
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esco View Post
Nothing wrong with Bangkok or Nana. No idea why the place always get slagged off on these boards. Was there in October last time and a LT didnt cost me a satang more. Less bars but still enough choice and definitely good for first night on arrival to get used to the silly amount of alcohol in your system combined with the heat.
Esco, whilst Nana not really my cup of tea I agree 100% nothing wrong with Bangkok. My last trip in november I spent the whole time there and never had any thought of going to Pattaya. Had a great time, ok its a bit expensive now with the exchange rate etc but then so is Walking street. People will often say Pattaya so much cheaper but you then often find out they are comparing agogos in NEP and Cowboy not with their like in Walking street as one should but with sweaty beer bars full of at best average looking birds and often right mingers.
Simie.
simie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simie For This Useful Post:
Esco (01-06-2010), Slacker (01-06-2010), tom (01-06-2010)
Old 01-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #13
Capt Magoo

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Send a message via Skype™ to Capt Magoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1974 View Post
Hi lads

Two drunken irish perverts will be doing fort few days in bangkok. (nana plaza) before taking our first trip to Pattaya. You wise council would be appreciated

1. Any advice on where to stay 1500 - 2000 baht price range

2. Where to locate in pattaya
Welcome Lads.......

I will concur with most of the advice here.... for a first time newbie, I would suggest spending your first nite in BKK so you have something to judge Pattaya against. Bangkok/Pattaya is all about choices and preferences. I live in Pattaya and visit Bangkok on occasion, my preference is beer bars and not the Go-Go's scene. Your choice/preference might be different, but beware of your first nite in BKK. Do not get stupid with your money, the gals have a sixth sense of picking out newbies and will seperate you and your money so quick and in ways you never even thought of. Nana is a shithole now..... but like we all did, you should experience it and judge for yourself. Soi Cowboy is full of better looking gals at the Go-Go's in my opinion, but you should go and establish your own opinions.

I have, and will continue to stay at the Dynasty Inn(Die Nasty) right next to Nana Plaza. Yes it is overpriced, noisy, the rooms need upgrading........ but its all about location for me. I think the one thing most can agree on is the Nana Car Park between 1am and 3am is prime for finding a late nite hookup. Just beware of the many LadyBoys there(unless that is your thing) Big Dogs, Night and Day are premier beer bar venues and afford a good view of the world. Another thing I like about Dynasty is the alley between Nana and the Hotel..... it makes taking multiple gals at a time back to the room easy without having to incur the 500 baht fee for the second participant.

Also do not miss the Beer Garden on Soi 7 for some afternoon/early evening freelancer activity. Wade through the some of the mutts there and you can find a few gems....... and dont be affraid to negotiate there.

All the above being said........... get your asses to Pattaya after your first nite in Bangkok. If you do not like Pattaya then head back to BKK(I doubt you will)

I am not an expert on where to stay in hotels here in Pattaya and maybe others can reccommend. LK Metro area seems to be quite popular for a balance between location, price, and entertainment.

If you lads would like to meet up for a beverage or three, just post on the board as there are always members in town or some of us friendly types that live here willing to show you around town and make sure your pockets are protected.
michael1974 (11-14-2010)
Old 01-06-2010, 04:49 AM   #14
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

That's a great reply Mike.

enjoy yourselves fellas
Capt Magoo (01-06-2010)
Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #15
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simie View Post
Esco, whilst Nana not really my cup of tea I agree 100% nothing wrong with Bangkok. My last trip in november I spent the whole time there and never had any thought of going to Pattaya. Had a great time, ok its a bit expensive now with the exchange rate etc but then so is Walking street. People will often say Pattaya so much cheaper but you then often find out they are comparing agogos in NEP and Cowboy not with their like in Walking street as one should but with sweaty beer bars full of at best average looking birds and often right mingers.
Simie.
Thanks. That saved me a bit of typing.

I don't really worry too much about all this "cost of ST/LT" nonsense. The only things I worry about are what the tart looks like, how she performs and how much I have left in my wallet after the bird fucks off. For those three things, I find that BKK works better for me than Pattaya and I also find that the standard of hotels I prefer are more widely available and better located.

Different strokes for different folks, and all that.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom For This Useful Post:
Esco (01-06-2010), simie (01-06-2010), Slacker (01-06-2010)
Old 01-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
Slacker

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I'll 2nd the Aspen Suites for a hotel. Unless you're terminally lazy. it's not far to Nana and once there you have an assortment of options to get you to Cowboy. I'm a big fan of Bangkok too...admittedly some things can be a bit more expensive, but it is a capital city. A bit of bargaining (coupled with my astonishing good looks !) got me LT prices not too different from comparable burds in Pattaya. As Tom states, as long as your happy with the price / fun ratio the next day then there's no problem. Bangkok gives you more opportunities for variety during the daytime unless you're satisfied with the wake / get pissed / back to bed cycle.
Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #17
michael1974

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Send a message via Skype™ to michael1974

will post on our arrival . fist rounds on me !
michael1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #18
elway69

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Welcome to the board Michael,mines a double jaegermeister.

Here's another option,I've stayed here a couple of times.

http://www.sabailodge.co.th/

I want to fuck Helena Bonham Carter.
elway69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #19
michael1974

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Send a message via Skype™ to michael1974

Great info lads all welcome and appreciated
michael1974 is offline   Reply With Quote