Old 12-29-2020, 01:23 AM   #511
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

I always was told that cheats never prosper.

Obviously, that does not apply any more

kuranda_bagman (12-29-2020)
Old 12-29-2020, 07:27 PM   #512
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzap View Post
I always was told that cheats never prosper.

Obviously, that does not apply any more

Suppose a good few years ago any bloke clearly caught cheating would have been disgraced, hounded out and condemned into the sporting wilderness. Every time his name was mentioned it would be cursed. Nowadays when caught out a couple of tearful appearances on TV, along with the wife and kids, and all is well. Fuck knows why the wife (or life partner to be PC) and kids are dragged into it but there you go.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bazzap (12-30-2020), kuranda_bagman (12-29-2020)
Old 01-18-2021, 01:58 AM   #513
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Bye-bye Joe. Watch out Trav. You might be next

I got that bit right regarding Burns & Head. Didn't need to be Einstein to work that out.

Now it's bye-bye time for Wade. He's had too many chances for mine.

kuranda_bagman (01-18-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 05:15 AM   #514
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

This came up on Foxtel the other day

It bought a tear to my eye. We could do with a few like him in the current Australian Test team

Oh, and if I reckon Australia has not been going too flash at the moment, I just have to remember the mid-80's

From Wikipedia

"The 1986–87 Australian season brought another Ashes series and another series loss. After England won the First Test, consecutive centuries by Border at Perth and Adelaide enabled Australia to secure consecutive draws.[25] However, Australia was defeated by an innings in the Boxing Day Test at Melbourne and the team had won only two of their last 22 Tests, and none of their last 14."

kuranda_bagman (01-19-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 06:49 AM   #515
monkeyspanker

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Shouts:

Bazza, kangarooos..dame edna.......your guys take a hell of a wupping...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/55008611
bazzap (01-19-2021), ferocious (01-21-2021), Frankie (01-22-2021), kuranda_bagman (01-19-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 01:31 PM   #516
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

I'm on a roll

Wade's gone from the Test squad to hopefully tour South Africa. Sent packing to be vice-captain of the Australian T20 squad which he excels at.

Bloody selectors brought back Head They also picked the Portuguese bloke, Moises Henriques. FFS he is nearly 34 years old and averages 23.42 in Tests. Last played a Test in 2016. Good at Sheffield Shield level but near useless in Tests. He and Steve Smith own racehorses together so that is probably why he is in the squad.

There is a guy sitting at home in Australia playing grade cricket. He does not play Big Bash. He averages 144 in Test cricket in the last two years yet does not make the Test squad

Quote:
At 18 years and 206 days, he became the youngest batsman to score a century on Sheffield Shield debut for New South Wales when he hit 157 against Western Australia in November 2011. However, it was not until nearly two years later that he played his second first-class match, and his breakthrough season came in 2015-16 when he piled up 737 runs, including two centuries, to be the leading Shield run-scorer for New South Wales and sixth on the overall tally.

The poor bastard is going to end up like Brad Hodge.

Quote:

Brad Hodge will go down as one of the unluckiest nearly-men in Australian cricket. When he was dropped with an average of 58.42 only five matches into his Test career in 2005-06, he vowed to win back his place. He added only one Test, as a fill-in during a tour of the West Indies two years later, before his tally was permanently stalled at six matches in the Baggy Green. It was not an adequate reward for one of the most prolific run-scorers in the modern era of Australia's domestic game.

The selectors are fucking blind. They keep regurgitating failed players. No wonder Australia is sliding down the Test rankings

kuranda_bagman (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 06:56 PM   #517
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
There is a guy sitting at home in Australia playing grade cricket. He does not play Big Bash. He averages 144 in Test cricket in the last two years yet does not make the Test squad.
Well I've Googled that Baz and I am coming up with Kurtis Patterson. Is that correct? Discounted the likes of Keith Miller who also came up.

Funnily enough the first "proper" bat I had was a Keith Miller Autograph, given to me by a cousin. Was a lot better than the "Hand Hammered" (whatever that means) Paki bats that us young lads usually got from Woolies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bazzap (01-30-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 02:55 PM   #518
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Well I've Googled that Baz and I am coming up with Kurtis Patterson. Is that correct? Discounted the likes of Keith Miller who also came up.

Funnily enough the first "proper" bat I had was a Keith Miller Autograph, given to me by a cousin. Was a lot better than the "Hand Hammered" (whatever that means) Paki bats that us young lads usually got from Woolies.

That's him, mate. Because of the poxy T20 Big Bash, he and many others are not playing first-class cricket. It should be played off-season and not clash with the more traditional versions of cricket.

That will never happen which will lead to the demise of Test cricket

I am probably old-fashioned and completely out-of-touch with the realities of modern cricket but JMHO
kuranda_bagman (01-31-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 06:37 PM   #519
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
That's him, mate. Because of the poxy T20 Big Bash, he and many others are not playing first-class cricket. It should be played off-season and not clash with the more traditional versions of cricket.

That will never happen which will lead to the demise of Test cricket

I am probably old-fashioned and completely out-of-touch with the realities of modern cricket but JMHO
Totally agree Baz. Test Cricket should take priority over everything else. However Cricket Boards world wide just follow the cash. Whatever earns the most takes priority. Totally ignoring the fact that Test Cricket requires far higher levels of skill, concentration and fitness. FFS a bowler can only bowl a max of 4 overs in a T20 game. Could have to bowl 50 plus in a Test. A massive workload and if your not up to it you will be found out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
kuranda_bagman (01-31-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 02:22 PM   #520
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Talk about doctoring wickets in favour of the home team.

Betcha can't name a Test where a quick bowler never bowled a single ball in either of the last two innings of a completed Test match.

When the likes of Anderson, Broad, Archer and Bumrah, some of the greatest names in the history of the game, are mere passengers, questions need to be asked.

Not a good look for brand new, biggest cricket ground in the world
ferocious (02-26-2021)