Old 12-05-2007, 01:36 AM   #1
philanthropist

non posting member

Shouts:

philanthropist is on a distinguished road
Default Lodging question

Gentlemen, I am new here and was out in AC during July, and I'm now planning a trip to Pattaya in May.

I am looking at staying at either the Vault Hotel or Galaxy Suites. Can anyone provide any first hand information on either of these places?
philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:21 AM   #2
Figjam

5k Legend club

Shouts:

Sorry mate can't help you personally,but the Pattaya pages board http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/ has an extensive hotel review section with your mentioned hotels listed.
Figjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #3
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I`ve not stayed at either,the vault rooms look good in pics(but while not aimed at the vault i`ve seen rooms for real that bear no resemblance to hotel web-site pics).
I can`t recall reading anything paricularly negative about either place except that the vault require payment for entire stay up front,which would put me off somewhat.
N.B. That is only what I have read.
I went past the vault the other day,location seems OK.
roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
Capt Magoo

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Send a message via Skype™ to Capt Magoo

I have personally seen the rooms at both places.... The room I saw at the Vault was huge...... full kitchen, huge bathroom with a big jacuzzi for 4 of your closest friends, big bed and even a brass dance poll and stage, also had a desktop computer with broadband access. The location is not bad on 2nd road a little down from the Marine Plaza area....... maybe 3 minute walk to Walking Street. A board member named Stinger(if I remember right) stayed there and he showed me the room. The Galaxy suites are smaller but well situated on Soi Diamond right on Walking Street at the Heaven Above Go Go. Not sure if they still do but, they used to throw in a free bottle of booze and a free bar fine or two if I recall. Heaven does have some real lovelies in the go go. Not sure of the current pricing or availability of either place though

Hope this helped some!

Magoo
Capt Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
philanthropist

non posting member

Shouts:

Default Thanks for the responses

Winston, what I'm looking for specifically is a place with AC, hot water, King bed, Wi-Fi is a must.

Optional: swimming pool, on-site restaurant.

Capt Magoo, thanks for the particulars. The only issue I have with Galaxy is the location. I'll be arriving at night, and it appears that the entrance to Galaxy is through Walking St, which I understand is closed after 7:00pm. It would seem a bit odd walking through that area at night with luggage.

Roamer, that's exactly why I asked if anyone has first-hand info about the places. I, too, have checked into rooms that nowhere near resembled what they looked like in the photos.

Anyhow, thanks to all who responded.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
torrenova

Babysitter

Shouts:

If you want a pool and and some services, get a proper hotel. Neither the Vault or Galaxy are that, more like B&Bs. Don't know about wi-fi.

I suggest you really prioritise the facilities you need and post up a daily budget as some of the rooms say at the Vault are not available at cheap rates. We can then give you some more appropriate alternatives.

If you need to find me, you will know where to look. I will be there long after I am gone.
torrenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #7
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Not sure by your post if you've been to Pattaya before but if you have, then the Residence Garden at around 1400 a night is a suite hotel and might work for you. All the bedrooms are separate from the rest of the inside and there's an AC unit in the bedroom and a different sytem for the L/R. Regular-sized refrigerator and a two-burner stove top and balcony with table and chairs overlooks the front pool and the major street, Pratamnak. There's 2 pools and a buffet-style restaurant attached, a barbeque buffet deal that's decent. The R.G. is just up the hill on the way to Jomtien about 100 meters from the freeway overpass that leads to the back or south end of Walking Street. You could walk from the R.G. to Walking St. in 10-15 minutes and baht busses go by continuously. They have wi-fi in the rooms but I think it costs a little bit extra. Also there's an internet cafe directly beside the hotel the last I heard. On the FLB board (http://www.flbbar.com/) they advertise it, if you mention that board in an email to the R.G. the rate is 1399 baht.

I've seen pictures of the Vault's rooms and they seem spacious with lots of top features like quality stereo systems, DVD players, etc. but they were a little over-the-top for what I need in a room. Have never heard anything bad on the boards about the Vault from people who have stayed there though. The Vault is very close to Walking St., just several minutes by foot.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mack For This Useful Post:
philanthropist (12-05-2007)
Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #8
philanthropist

non posting member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrenova View Post
If you want a pool and and some services, get a proper hotel. Neither the Vault or Galaxy are that, more like B&Bs. Don't know about wi-fi.

I suggest you really prioritise the facilities you need and post up a daily budget as some of the rooms say at the Vault are not available at cheap rates. We can then give you some more appropriate alternatives.
The "pool and some services" is optional, not mandatory. I have checked the websites for both the Vault and Galaxy, and the Vault looks to be along the lines of what I'm looking for. I was just wondering if anyone had any first-hand info on either place.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #9
torrenova

Babysitter

Shouts:

Just trying to get a feel for what you wanted. I know the Vault but would not stay there as I like a pool and value that. I also live here so I have a different perspective I understand.

You'll have no problems at the Vault I believe but the rooms with all the facilities were quite pricy I seem to remember. Their website quotes Bt2800 for the Penthouse rooms and that is more than most people will pay. For the same price as a basic room you could have a proper hotel.

If you need to find me, you will know where to look. I will be there long after I am gone.
torrenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #10
philanthropist

non posting member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrenova View Post
Just trying to get a feel for what you wanted. I know the Vault but would not stay there as I like a pool and value that. I also live here so I have a different perspective I understand.

You'll have no problems at the Vault I believe but the rooms with all the facilities were quite pricy I seem to remember. Their website quotes Bt2800 for the Penthouse rooms and that is more than most people will pay. For the same price as a basic room you could have a proper hotel.
Understood. Personally, I can do without a pool, although if it comes with the property, it's a nice addition. I'm not too concerned with budget, and the rooms at the Vault and the Galaxy do seem to be along the lines of what I'm looking for. I'm just not too fond of the Galaxy's location.

Thanks for the insite.