Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : English & Welsh Lions

Old 07-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
woodman2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Are the Australian rugby union "richer" than the NRL? They lured Israel Folau from the Brisbane Broncos via the AFL. I guess he didn't change codes twice for love.

And whats with Sonny Bill Williams? He quits league to be an All Black then turns up back as a Sydney Rooster. Are the 2 codes becoming interchangeable.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old crust View Post
Fair enough simie, I was probably over egging things, only having 40 million more folk probably does'nt affect much. With regard to MY Kiwi coach, he did me a lot of good. As an ex hooker I hate to see an unstable set scrum, like we saw in Melbourne. Gatland put that right this week, albeit with help from Wig. Once the ball is out with the girls, I'm not too sure whether his coaching is any good or not. For me Union is not a spectator sport, but a great game to play, especially if you are a forward.

Regards picking foreigners, just because everyone does it is no excuse for the British Lions to do it, just my opinion of course.
Don't forget Christian Leali'ifano is a Kiwi, not that he did you much good yesterday. And you could have done with another Kiwi on the pitch i.e. Quade Cooper. Only not there due to the fact Robbie Deans hates his guts!
Personally though whilst we are on the subject I'd like to see the grandparent rule scapped. I think its a nonsense. I think to be picked if you where not born in a country or/and a citizen you should at least either have lived there for 5 years or have at least a parent from there.
Simie.
simie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simie For This Useful Post:
old crust (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman2 View Post
Are the Australian rugby union "richer" than the NRL? They lured Israel Folau from the Brisbane Broncos via the AFL. I guess he didn't change codes twice for love.

And whats with Sonny Bill Williams? He quits league to be an All Black then turns up back as a Sydney Rooster. Are the 2 codes becoming interchangeable.
Woodman, I may be wrong but I'm under the impression that Super Rugby is more lucrative than league hence the Folau change?
In the case of Sonny Bill I think he simply prefers League? I think he left the Bulldogs with the aim of wanting to play for the All Blacks in a world cup. Don't forget he turned down a huge pay offer not to stay on in France and play for the Chiefs so he was eligible for All Black selection. Now with his move this season to the Roosters where he has made a successful transition back to league, one has to remember what a huge thing it is for a Kiwi to turn away from the All Blacks whist still in your playing prime. But as I believe he"s only on a one year deal with the Roosters will be interesting to see if he stays?
Simie.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simie View Post
Don't forget Christian Leali'ifano is a Kiwi, not that he did you much good yesterday. And you could have done with another Kiwi on the pitch i.e. Quade Cooper. Only not there due to the fact Robbie Deans hates his guts!
Personally though whilst we are on the subject I'd like to see the grandparent rule scapped. I think its a nonsense. I think to be picked if you where not born in a country or/and a citizen you should at least either have lived there for 5 years or have at least a parent from there.
Simie.
For the record simie, I am English.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #15
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old crust View Post
For the record simie, I am English.
Oops sorry and jolly glad to hear it! don't know why but for some reason I was thinking you where a shackle dragger?!
Simie.
old crust (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #16
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

'shackle dragger'

never heard that before
Old 07-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #17
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins View Post
'shackle dragger'

never heard that before
Its a favourite of Brian Moore the ex England and Lions hooker his other favourite for Aussie banter is "bread stealers'.
Simie.
p.s. sorry Baz and Bagman we love you really!
kuranda_bagman (07-08-2013)
Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #18
WankingWodger

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simie View Post
Its a favourite of Brian Moore the ex England and Lions hooker his other favourite for Aussie banter is "bread stealers'.
Simie.
p.s. sorry Baz and Bagman we love you really!

And Brian Moore is a complete and utter tool, I would rather walk naked backwards over broken glass from Perth to Sydney than listen to that fuckwit
Old 07-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #19
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WankingWodger View Post
And Brian Moore is a complete and utter tool, I would rather walk naked backwards over broken glass from Perth to Sydney than listen to that fuckwit
I like his rugby punditry but when it comes to his political views on twitter etc i'd actually agree 100% with the above comments.
Simie.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #20
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Deans.