Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Pattaya Newbies Section : Newbies guide to Thai Girls

Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #11
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
Call me a caveman but any relationship that involves giving your wife a set amount of money at the end of the month is fucked up.
Milky, please remember that just because YOUR relationships with Thai women have involved you giving a set amount at the end of every month, it does'nt mean that its the same for everyone else!
Simie.
simie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simie For This Useful Post:
Mirkwood (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
fearules

Shouts:

Quote:
Well I say you are lucky to know such etc etc

It's madness.
You say about being the right man. I agree with that.

In my experience being the right man means you start acting like a Thai bloke and she may respect you.
I'm not proud of it but I treat my own Thai wife like a cunt. Why? Because if I start acting like a falang she will treat me the same.

I have spent the last 10 years living with ex BG's. I feel like I can do it and know the rules now. While it can be done I would say a relationship with a TG is nowhere near as fulfilling as being with a lady from your own country.

Just my opinion. No offense meant to anyone.

Call me a caveman but any relationship that involves giving your wife a set amount of money at the end of the month is fucked up.
Your a cave man !!

My father gave my mother a set amount weekly and they were together over 60 years till death ! He wouldnt let her work until all the children had left home!!

Really though I take some of your points but I will say this you have a very poor idea of real Thai girls it seems to me no experience whatsoever.
Because of this you have, in my opinion lost the plot. Even your attitude to a five year relationship starts of with the premise that the girls is just biding her time. Thats not realistic unless the girl is like the ones you describe and are hardened bar workers. Only 50%or 60% of bar girls even in Pattaya are from that proportion.

You really have been hanging out with and from some of the dregs of Thai society and then you extrapolate to all Thai girls. Thats just wrong.

Like you I dont understand any man who could take along term bar girl who does the things you suggest and expect to have the sort of relationship most of us would like (presumably). But then it takes all sorts as we can see from internet boards some men are even prepared to share their wives (Thai or farang) with others after marraige.
The turnover of bar girls is very high there are always many new girls, its not that difficult to know how long a girl has worked for. So although like you I am surprised at the choice of some farangs. It doesnt have to be like that.

On top of that many Thai girls who have never worked in a bar are very willing to date and have a relationship with a farang (as long as he doesnt treat them like cunts). Bangkok is full of such girls. If men really want to form long term relationships with a Thai girl thats the place to start not a bar in Pattaya.
We have often been approched by friends in BKK who ask if we know any nice farangs worth meeting or as pen pals by genuine girls with reasonable jobs. Or at least we were within the fisrt few years of my wife coming to the Uk.
In fact one of my sons friends is now married to an absolutely lovely girl and they both live and work in Malaysia.
She was a receptionist in a Bangkok hotel and like many girls I know wouldnt even go in a gogo bar. Let alone work in one.

Fact is I dont know many men worth recommending far less than the girls worth considering as partners.

I dont treat my Thai wife like a cunt I try not to treat anyone like that (excepts sometimes on the internet when its unavoidable)

In my experience treating people politely (very important to Thais) and with respect pays dividends and thats what I mean by being the right man.

I know many successful relations with Thai girls some even with ex bar girls (admitedly they only worked a very short period of time) So to give the impression to newbies that all Thai people are shit and all Thai girls are incapable of loving a farang is very misleading.
In general they make great partners and wives, lovely mothers and can fit into western society very very well.

In fact sometimes I look at the Thai women (my son is also married to a Thai girl ) in my life and it remindes me how much people are really alike once cultural differences are managed or ignored. Both our wives have always helped with the bills from there wages and insist on doing so.

Really Mirkwood I am sure you belive everything you say. But you sound jaded and unhappy. You need a change of scenery.
fearules is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fearules For This Useful Post:
BigBadSi (04-19-2011), Frankie (04-17-2011), simie (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #13
Mirkwood

Macks 5k club

Shouts:

Quote:
I know many successful relations with Thai girls some even with ex bar girls (admittedly they only worked a very short period of time) So to give the impression to newbies that all Thai people are shit and all Thai girls are incapable of loving a farang is very misleading.
In general they make great partners and wives, lovely mothers and can fit into western society very very well.

In fact sometimes I look at the Thai women (my son is also married to a Thai girl ) in my life and it reminders me how much people are really alike once cultural differences are managed or ignored. Both our wives have always helped with the bills from there wages and insist on doing so.

Really Mirkwood I am sure you believe everything you say. But you sound jaded and unhappy. You need a change of scenery.

Before we go any further I'd just like to say I don't expect to see eye to eye with everyone. That's why I like it on here. We can beg to differ.

Just off the top of my head I can think of two great mates Roamer and Soi 2. We always have a beer and a laugh but we don't agree on a lot regarding Pattaya. No problem for us and hope you feel the same.

I'm speaking the truth when I say most Thai /Falang relationships I have seen have ended in failure. I'm actually surprised you can say 'many' successful relationships. I personally don't agree that they make good wives and cultural differences cannot be ignored if your TG isn't happy with what she is sending home.

A good wife to me would put you and her first not some manky family in the jungle.

It's possible you and your circle of friends have plenty of money. If that is the case then I admit life may be a lot easier for you than for somebody living month to month like most of the blokes I know who have married TG's.

You put over some fair points but the facts and figures are on my side. A newbie would be better off taking my advice than yours. TG's in Pattaya are bastards. We are on a Pattaya board after all. That's where most will be meeting them not off a dating site.

I've got to ask you. How long have you and all these other happy couples been together?

I probably do sound unhappy at the moment. Jaded as well. Why?

Well, I work here for starters.

I don't just mix with Pattaya types. I work in a Bangkok office and everyone has a degree. The problem is they are no different.
I'm not going to put it on here but let's just say I'm not impressed. The whole race are thieving, dishonest lazy bastards. From the top to the bottom. Yes, English people are shit as well but nowhere near as bad as Thai's. I really dislike them.

They are incapable of seeing falangs as anything other than easy money. The cleaner at my condo summed it up for me. She asked me to get her a falang. I asked why she wanted one?

Answer? ' I not want to work anymore'

That should be added to the Walking Street sign as far as I'm concerned.

I can see a holiday maker would like Thai people. Land of smiles and all that shit.

I'll give you a couple of examples.

We (wife and I) know a lovely old Thai couple who do massage at the market in Rang Sit. They only charge 59 baht. We always give them 200 and they love us to bits. You know the score. Smile OTT falang good mak mak jai dee.

Few weeks ago I take my mate Damion down there. We are all getting the foot massage when the old girl asks my wife about my mate. Has he got a girlfriend?

When my wife said no she then picks up her phone and makes a call.
Some cracking little young TG turns up no more than 18 years old.

We all look confused then my wife starts speaking to her. To cut a long story short the girl wants Damion to be her boyfriend.

Dammo is all confused so my wife explains. The girl needs somebody to pay for her school. If Dammo pays she'll be his bird. Simple.

So the family will whore her out to some falang cunt if he saves them the school fee's. Lovely.

Thai's do not like anyone outside of their family. Trust me.

Yes, my Dad gave my Mum her house keeping every week but it was different. She spent it ALL on us paying bills and buying shopping and clothes. If my Dad hadn't given it to her we would have all gone without.

A TG wants monthly money to send to her family. If you stop giving it to her she will either stay with you and fuck behind your back or just set herself up with another bloke and leave you.

A fair deal in my opinion would be to get both your wages. Pay the bills then take the same amount as sends her family and place it in your own personal savings account. I'd like to bet there isn't enough money to do that so shes on the winning side every time.

Thai's make living in LOS as difficult as possible for falangs. They don't want you here simple. Yes, come for 2 weeks with about £3000 to spend then fuck off. You can't own anything like a house or land. Even if you marry one of the bastards it won't help you get a permanent visa. It's a nightmare and getting worse.

If you do ever live here you will get used to being watched 24/7.

Has he dropped something?
How can get money from him?
How much has he left for tip?
Is his house secure?

I could go on. As I said before UK is shit but it's a lot worse here.

I'm jaded on Thai people for sure but they have made me like that.
Mirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mirkwood For This Useful Post:
bell (04-21-2011), BigBadSi (04-19-2011), bouncer (04-19-2011), Frankie (04-17-2011), Richie (04-18-2011), roamer (05-24-2011), ROLAND (04-17-2011), simie (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #14
ROLAND

Shouts:

One of the truer things I've ever had said to me and backing Mirkwood up is that the Thais would be happier if you just chucked your wallet through the doors at Swampy airport when you arrived and fucked off back home.
The land of smiles must be one of the most pisstaking statements ever.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
bell (04-21-2011), BigBadSi (04-19-2011), bouncer (04-19-2011), Mirkwood (04-17-2011), simie (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #15
Mirkwood

Macks 5k club

Shouts:

I've been on Pattaya message boards over 10 years man and boy.

This is the first time Roland and I have agreed on something.

I think it's time to do the Tom Daley swan dive off Markland condo's.
Mirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirkwood For This Useful Post:
bouncer (04-19-2011), ruhorny (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #16
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
If you do ever live here you will get used to being watched 24/7.

Is his house secure?

I could go on.
I think that probably reflects your choice of lifestyle in Thailand and who (and where) you choose to hang out with more than anything else. I can assure you, no-one is watching me (or anyone else where I live) 24 hours a day.

Or, you're just paranoid.

My mother visited Thailand for a month in November/December and spent a few days down south (it was the rainy season). I mentioned she was visiting to the regional head of immigration, who I know as an acquaintance rather than as a friend, and when she checked-in at her hotel in Had Yai there were two bottles of champagne waiting for her. They were from the same guy. Nothing was asked for, or expected, in return.

Likewise, the guy who looks after my motor-bike. Getting him to accept any payment for routine maintenance jobs is impossible - I have to buy a case of beer from the duty free now and again and dump it on him and his guys.

I could go on and on about the kindness I encounter on a daily basis, from all sorts of people. From the girls in the bank, the guy who runs my local Khao Phad stall, the security and maintenance guys where I live, the guy who makes sure I have cheap satellite TV, the girls at the local 3BB shop who make sure I have decent internet, all the staff at my local 7-11, the guy who valets my truck.

Maybe you should be asking why you have all the problems that you do, rather than just blaming someone for those problems.

Quote:
As I said before UK is shit but it's a lot worse here.
Which begs the obvious question. It's certainly different - maybe that's what you can't handle.

Quote:
Nah, you sound just like you did the week you arrived here.

Sheesh, you maintain that the Thais are all a bunch of thick cunts, but it's you who can't even use the bank or post a fucking letter.

I heard David Cameron muttering something recently about immigrants being unwilling to integrate but I thought he was talking about Blackburn, not Bangkok.

Isn't the lovedog character who penned the OP the same guy/knob who thinks all Thais should speak in English if he's picking up the tab when eating out and suffers from impaired hearing, but only when people are speaking Thai.

Last edited by tom : 04-17-2011 at 03:32 PM.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tom For This Useful Post:
bell (04-21-2011), BigBadSi (04-19-2011), Bilbobaggins (05-24-2011), Frankie (04-17-2011), gonzo (04-17-2011), ROLAND (04-17-2011), simie (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #17
fearules

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLAND View Post
One of the truer things I've ever had said to me and backing Mirkwood up is that the Thais would be happier if you just chucked your wallet through the doors at Swampy airport when you arrived and fucked off back home.
The land of smiles must be one of the most pisstaking statements ever.
Thats just bollocks sorry but it realy is and you dont even try to make excuses or give exaples. This is not a discusion by your criteria but it is by mine.

I fully respect Mirkwoods explantion of his experince. I am sure he is not a liar. But neither am I so how can two people neither with anything to gain by having different opinions be so different ?
There is only one answer. They have had different experiences.

Please read my response to his post.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #18
fearules

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
I think that probably reflects your choice of lifestyle in Thailand and who (and where) you choose to hang out with more than anything else. I can assure you, no-one is watching me (or anyone else where I live) 24 hours a day.

Or, you're just paranoid.

My mother visited Thailand for a month in November/December and spent a few days down south (it was the rainy season). I mentioned she was visiting to the regional head of immigration, who I know as an acquaintance rather than as a friend, and when she checked-in at her hotel in Had Yai there were two bottles of champagne waiting for her. They were from the same guy. Nothing was asked for, or expected, in return.

Likewise, the guy who looks after my motor-bike. Getting him to accept any payment for routine maintenance jobs is impossible - I have to buy a case of beer from the duty free now and again and dump it on him and his guys.

I could go on and on about the kindness I encounter on a daily basis, from all sorts of people. From the girls in the bank, the guy who runs my local Khao Phad stall, the security and maintenance guys where I live, the guy who makes sure I have cheap satellite TV, the girls at the local 3BB shop who make sure I have decent internet, all the staff at my local 7-11, the guy who valets my truck.

Maybe you should be asking why you have all the problems that you do, rather than just blaming someone for those problems.

Which begs the obvious question. It's certainly different - maybe that's what you can't handle.

Nah, you sound just like you did the week you arrived here.

Sheesh, you maintain that the Thais are all a bunch of thick cunts, but it's you who can't even use the bank or post a fucking letter.

I heard David Cameron muttering something recently about immigrants being unwilling to integrate but I thought he was talking about Blackburn, not Bangkok.

Isn't the lovedog character who penned the OP the same guy/knob who thinks all Thais should speak in English if he's picking up the tab when eating out and suffers from impaired hearing, but only when people are speaking Thai.
Good post.

I am so pleased someone on this board has had some similar experiences to those I have had. The very fact shows all the posts made that denigrate all Thai people are really based either on poor experinc or racist attitudes.

I hope its the former.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #19
fearules

Shouts:

Quote:
Before we go any further I'd just like to say I don't expect to see eye to eye with everyone. That's why I like it on here. We can beg to differ.

Just off the top of my head I can think of two great mates Roamer and Soi 2. We always have a beer and a laugh but we don't agree on a lot regarding Pattaya. No problem for us and hope you feel the same.

I'm speaking the truth when I say most Thai /Falang relationships I have seen have ended in failure. I'm actually surprised you can say 'many' successful relationships. I personally don't agree that they make good wives and cultural differences cannot be ignored if your TG isn't happy with what she is sending home.

A good wife to me would put you and her first not some manky family in the jungle.

I agree with all of that but many Thai girls doent send money home and many dont live in what you call a manky jungle. Thats your experince not mine. Quite the opposite in fact. My wifes family are more than self supporting and although they do live in a village outside of Korat its affluent busy and progressive.

Its also a great place to live and has improved hand over fist in the last 10 years. The biggest wanker in the village and the local drunk is a farang who's wife works in the Uk and sends him money 20000bht a month I believe..
However my wife doesnt get on with her mother (her parents are divorced) although she has great respect for her father who is the loacl head man, so we dont visit often.

It's possible you and your circle of friends have plenty of money. If that is the case then I admit life may be a lot easier for you than for somebody living month to month like most of the blokes I know who have married TG's.

Yes we have plenty of money but I didnt have so much when I met my Thai wife. In fact her contribution helped considerably when she came to the Uk. She brought with her a very sizable bank balance mainly from free employee shares in the company she had worked for in BKK (ATT). So again its most of the blokes you know and the sort of girls they have taken up with that understandably cloud your assessment. My wife also speaks excellent english and had some Thai college education which she enhanced in the UK. The only time she stopped working was for the birth of our daughter now 7.

My daughter in law came to the Uk from the same company and married my son she is now a qualified nurse in the UK after many years of hard work. What she sends home is insignificant compared to what she provides to her Uk marraige. In fact they have bought and paid for a house in the Uk in the last 10 years she contributes a sizable part of this from her earnings. This girl in fact left school at 15 and studied and graduated in LOS while working in BKK.

You put over some fair points but the facts and figures are on my side. A newbie would be better off taking my advice than yours. TG's in Pattaya are bastards. We are on a Pattaya board after all. That's where most will be meeting them not off a dating site.

I've got to ask you. How long have you and all these other happy couples been together?

The longest Thai couple I know in the Uk have been together for 16 years. I have been married to my Thai wife for nearly 14 years and my son to his wife for 10 years now. I agree your advice may well seem reasonable for many of the BMs newbies who visit a board based on bar girls in Pattaya and I am not disputing that , but you go much much futher. In fact your comments are insulting to many of the Thai people I know nothing less.I think all newbies should know that many farangs do find real happiness with Thai partners and many would reject completely your assessment of Thai culture and personality. I certainly do. But I dont blame you as a person, I blame your lack of experience of real Thailand.
Thats quite common with those who come to LOS for sex (or see it as the focus of their stay no matter how long) and have not tried to enhance their knowledge or situation. The fact is many exapts are the worst offenders and the most ignoarnt of real Thai people.

I probably do sound unhappy at the moment. Jaded as well. Why?

Well, I work here for starters.

Thats your choice. work is often somthing that reduces the quality of life in your case it seems to have done it as I certainly couldnt live under the same pressures you do. Not worth it.

I don't just mix with Pattaya types. I work in a Bangkok office and everyone has a degree. The problem is they are no different.
I'm not going to put it on here but let's just say I'm not impressed. The whole race are thieving, dishonest lazy bastards. From the top to the bottom. Yes, English people are shit as well but nowhere near as bad as Thai's. I really dislike them.

That last bit shows your problem. English people are not shit but like many they have shit thrust upon them and cant avoid the smell sticking sometimes !!

In LOS how you treat people results in how they treat you. In that you seem not to have been very successful and you dont seem to me to be the sort of person who would thrive in anything other than the culture you were brought up in. But thats just a view from your posts.

They are incapable of seeing falangs as anything other than easy money. The cleaner at my condo summed it up for me. She asked me to get her a falang. I asked why she wanted one?

Answer? ' I not want to work anymore'

That should be added to the Walking Street sign as far as I'm concerned.

I can see a holiday maker would like Thai people. Land of smiles and all that shit.

I'll give you a couple of examples.

We (wife and I) know a lovely old Thai couple who do massage at the market in Rang Sit. They only charge 59 baht. We always give them 200 and they love us to bits. You know the score. Smile OTT falang good mak mak jai dee.

Few weeks ago I take my mate Damion down there. We are all getting the foot massage when the old girl asks my wife about my mate. Has he got a girlfriend?

When my wife said no she then picks up her phone and makes a call.
Some cracking little young TG turns up no more than 18 years old.

We all look confused then my wife starts speaking to her. To cut a long story short the girl wants Damion to be her boyfriend.

Dammo is all confused so my wife explains. The girl needs somebody to pay for her school. If Dammo pays she'll be his bird. Simple.

So the family will whore her out to some falang cunt if he saves them the school fee's. Lovely.

Thai's do not like anyone outside of their family. Trust me.

Yes, my Dad gave my Mum her house keeping every week but it was different. She spent it ALL on us paying bills and buying shopping and clothes. If my Dad hadn't given it to her we would have all gone without.

A TG wants monthly money to send to her family. If you stop giving it to her she will either stay with you and fuck behind your back or just set herself up with another bloke and leave you.

The above is purely your inabilty to understand the wide variety of values in LOS its not any sort of evidence of the sort you are suggesting. You mix in sad circles so expect to be sad.
In fact these people are certainly better than say many trailer trash in the USA or Council house benifit snatchers in a Manchester back street. Who dont even work but expect benifits that pay for everything. No that is 'low life' not someone who tries to enhance their life and that of others by whatever means.
LOS is going through rapid changes and in fact in the Uk 150 years ago many working class women gladly turned tricks for the rent.
You have a real hang up about sex a poor apprectaion of culture and no idea of history.

A fair deal in my opinion would be to get both your wages. Pay the bills then take the same amount as sends her family and place it in your own personal savings account. I'd like to bet there isn't enough money to do that so shes on the winning side every time.

Well my wife and my sons wife and others I know put most of their wages in the Uk in to a joint account with their husbands Like anywhere else. The only complaint I have is my wife used to spend nothing and wouldnt dream of wasting money. Now she likes a bargain (which is often only a bargain if you wanted it in the first place she has never grasped that suttle reality) and loves shopping and car boot sales etc. Its a measure of her confidence. I love to see her spending as I know she is happy.

Thai's make living in LOS as difficult as possible for falangs. They don't want you here simple. Yes, come for 2 weeks with about £3000 to spend then fuck off. You can't own anything like a house or land. Even if you marry one of the bastards it won't help you get a permanent visa. It's a nightmare and getting worse.
If you do ever live here you will get used to being watched 24/7
Most of that is true sure Thai people need to address the fact but democracy isnt really a reality in LOS yet there is too much corruption. After all their PM has Uk citizenship, but he can own land in LOS so I fully agree with that and its one reason I no longer live in LOS (altjougn I have done so) and have sold my buisness intrests in BKK. I though it was all getting worse that it even used to be. Two guys I know now live in Malaysia and in spite of Islam (which is always a problem in the background) have many benifits they couldnt exepct in LOS.

Is his house secure?

I could go on. As I said before UK is shit but it's a lot worse here.

I have put comments in red as it seemed the only way to address all your points and I hope you dont think I am just being awkward.

I know many great Thai pople and like some others I have trusted them successfully. I will continue to do so. A number of Thai people have saved me money when it had no real benifits for them to do so.

I reject completly your assessment of a whole nation based on your experince of the poorest and most deprived. You really should look around you . You live in and work in BKK you are surrounded by degree qualified educated Thais and for them to treat you with contempt like you suggest means only one thing to me.

They dont respect you.
In fact you admit that.

Could it be they have a point??

I dont want to get into a running war of flames with you. I am sure you hold your views genuinely. But I do want you to know of exepriences completly oppossed to those you feel are universal in LOS and I have been visiting LOS since the 1960s regularly since the 1980s and living there for 3 years in the 1990s.

If Thai pople dont like you they will let you know. I think you have been informed by their attitude to you.
Perhaps you should reconsider your future employment.

Antartica has very few cultural issues.

Unless your a penguin.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fearules For This Useful Post:
bell (04-21-2011), BigBadSi (04-19-2011), Frankie (04-18-2011), Mirkwood (04-17-2011), Thebomb (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #20
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Milky, I often don't agree with what you say but still like reading your posts. Provides some lively discussion for the board.
Simie.
simie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simie For This Useful Post:
Mirkwood (04-17-2011)