Old 01-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #41
monkeyspanker

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildas View Post

Dunno if Mr T still has the taxi stand just off Soi Dianna across from the Areca
he did have an hour ago.
got same responce when i booked him, but the signs and desk are still there. going to pop down there in the morn/afternoon/evening for the return one
Old 01-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #42
Slacker

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I still rate Mr Toom despite a couple of reports early on in this thread. He has never let me down and I've had no problem with responses to emails, phone calls. All of his drivers have been careful, courteous and know where they're going...last 2 times I've had very cute young lady drivers ! He provided an excellent last-minute service during both the 2006 coup and 2008's airport closure with some good advice thrown in for free.

Contact toom39@msn.com or 081 4827148.
Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #43
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

Quote:
It seems that Mr T has folded his taxi business into another run by his nephew (or something)...either way the old Mr T e-mail addy doesn't seem to get a response, but the new business has a web site here...

http://www.pttaxiservice.com/

I've just booked them via p.t.taxi@hotmail.com and had an answer back within the hour.

Rates look the same as Mr T's - 1,000 airport to Pattaya, 900 the other way. Their office is just north of the jct of Pattaya Tai and 3rd road on 3rd itself - very near to a ladyboy massage parlour that comes recommended...but I digress.

Dunno if Mr T still has the taxi stand just off Soi Dianna across from the Areca

booked this lot for sunday 1000b inc tolls
Old 01-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #44
yusamile

Advanced Member

Shouts:

yusamile is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
booked this lot for sunday 1000b inc tolls
Did the same for tomorrow night. Short notice, quick response,...will see how it goes.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #45
thailearner

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
It seems that Mr T has folded his taxi business into another run by his nephew (or something)...either way the old Mr T e-mail addy doesn't seem to get a response, but the new business has a web site here...

I've just booked them via p.t.taxi@hotmail.com and had an answer back within the hour.

Rates look the same as Mr T's - 1,000 airport to Pattaya, 900 the other way. Their office is just north of the jct of Pattaya Tai and 3rd road on 3rd itself - very near to a ladyboy massage parlour that comes recommended...but I digress.

Mr T let me down at the airport on 30/12/09 . excuse was sorry forgot.

He still has a stall on soi Dianna I rebooked with him for my journey home on the 23/1/10 the girl arrived early and normal service was resumed.
bigphill67 (02-18-2010)
Old 01-31-2010, 11:45 PM   #46
yusamile

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:

No dramas, booked day before i left, Song was waiting for me carried my bag to a new Honda and fled the airport with no fuss. It was 9 pm so not too much traffic, i fell asleep in the back and occasionally woke up when we hit a bump or he braked suddenly, on occasion i woke up and glanced at the digital speedo ...153 km/hr was his highest score that i saw ,.....several other were around the 135 km/hr. I tried to keep my eyes closed and pretend i was back on the plane . took a little over an hour and only 1000 baht,.....gave him 300 for his effort.....I did fear for my life a couple of times as he had to brake to avoid other traffic but i left it in his hands and he got me here in record time.

Last edited by yusamile : 02-15-2010 at 02:15 AM.
yusamile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yusamile For This Useful Post:
bigphill67 (02-18-2010)
Old 02-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #47
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

i booked at office on soi diana for my return home last night 900b inc tolls turned up at 10pm last night as requested i had another beer and offered driver one but he declined and we were on our way at 2230 all good until about 3/4 of way there , i was fighting sleep as i'd drunk too much and been on soi6 earlier exercising my perogative but wanted to stay awake so i'd get my head down on flight
we were doing maybe 160kmh and i'm sat just behind passenger seat i noticed the car was slowly veering left from outside lane and about to nudge a car inside us looked in the rear view mirror and seen the bloody driver was asleep so i jumped to grab the wheel but must have startled him when i shouted out and the clown pulled the wheel right and i've no idea how we never collided with the concrete central reservation then he managed to cross 3 lanes in a split second i could feel the suspension sinking on the offside and was sure he was gonna spin the car before straightening it up good job it was nearly midnight and quiet on the roads or we'd have been in a collision no doubt
i told him to stop but he probably thought i was gonna give him a kicking as i was shouting all sorts of obcenities and punching him in the shoulders my heart was in my mouth and i'd sobered up completely , i've been in a couple of bad accidents and spent a day in intensive care with head injuries but this was different as it seemed to go on for an age and shook me up quite a bit , when we arrived at swampy he got out and sat on the ground giving me the big wai apologizing and i still tipped him 100b the soft cunt i am
bell (02-15-2010), bigphill67 (02-18-2010), Gildas (02-14-2010), gonzo (02-15-2010), kuranda_bagman (02-14-2010), simie (02-15-2010), thailearner (02-15-2010)
Old 02-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #48
bigphill67

Advanced Member

Shouts:

hope he bought himself a bucket load of lipo with his tip
ferocious (02-18-2010)
Old 02-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #49
yusamile

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Fuck thats was close Reg, lucky your were awake at the time. Night time driving on those freeways is dangerous as you dont know how many trips or how much saleep the thais have had that day. They'll put money over safety every time........
Old 02-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #50
daveo679

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bell travel 3 .SMALL copy.jpg (95.7 KB, 24 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daveo679 For This Useful Post:
bigphill67 (02-10-2011), foz (02-10-2011)