Old 05-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
smitty1404

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Default Newbie trip to LOS

I am looking for some suggestions for a hotel close to the nightlife so I can stagger home with a little biddy or two and not get too much of a hassle from the tart at the counter. I'm aiming for about 30-40 US a night in BKK. I only plan on staying 3 nights before heading to Patt and then pretty much the same there. I'd like to be somewhat close to the rail also to do some sight seeing during my sober moments. So far the Bangkok Cha-Da looks decent. Any other suggestions?

smitty1404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
techno kev

Advanced Member

Shouts:

majestic suites is ok its round the corner from sukhumvit soi 4 the nana skytrain station is a couple of minutes walk away its about 1700 baht per night and no hassle bringing ladies in.
ukinoz (06-01-2013)
Old 05-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
Jake

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I like the Parkway.
http://www.parkwayinnbkk.com/
Old 05-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

The location of the Bangkok Cha-Da isn't great unless the nightlife you're looking for is nightclubs aimed at Thais. I've had some great nights on Ratchada but unless you speak a little Thai you'll be leaving the clubs on your lonesome. It's a great area for soapy massage joints but you'd be looking at $100 minimum for a 90 minute session on the premises, take-outs will cost considerably more.

Most guys aim to be at the lower end of Sukhumvit Rd, you've got Nana Plaza on Soi 4 and Soi Cowboy just off Soi 21 so anywhere between or around there will see you right plus no language skills required, just cash.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Hi Smitty

Bangkok I`ve no idea sorry but in Pattaya, if your first visit and only for a few days, choose a convenient location.

Anywhere between soi 1 and soi 13, running from Beach Road to 2nd Road will be OK to get about from.
soi 13 has a fair few hotels to choose from, great location.

soi bukhao also OK, can get about from there easily.

Most, 90% + hotels will have no problem with you bringing a guest back, a very few higher end ones may try to charge.

Before you book, ask on here, someone on here will likely know.

roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
smitty1404

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Thanks for the info. I checked both the places out in Bangkok and ended up picking the majestic suites. The location was excellent in my mind for going out at night and not far from the train for travel during the day. In Pattaya I decided on the Citin Garden Resort. It's a little ways back from Walking Street, but I think I can manage it. Now I just need to survive the fun. Reading only gets you so far. I'm also planning to see Chiang Mai and Ubon Ratchathani so there's another ordeal. If anyone has some suggestion for where to go in Bangkok or Pattaya, I'm all ears.
smitty1404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
Delaware

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Hi Smitty the most important piece of advice butterfly like fuck. What ever you do not get all loved up and, spend the holiday with one bird. I do have a few questions which would help us with recommendations for you.

Are you completely new to mongering or just new to Thailand?
You more interested in freelancers, Bar girls or go go's?
Do you need to take cultured photo's to hide the fact that your a sex tourist to friends and family back home?

I am not much of an expert on Bangkok nightlife been quite a few times just did Patpong and Nana. Also the last time I was in BK was 2007 so my info would be out of date. Generally just head over to Nana there is a disco in the hotel and go go's and beer bars in the complex.

I cant give you any advise on Khao San road as I have only been there once and when I was there I was totally shitfaced and nearly got into a fight with a Thai (the only time I have ever come remotely close to doing that) . Actually here is a good one do not mix it up with a local, getting in a fist fight with a Thai will end in tears.

In the daytime if you are looking to hide your mongering activities and make your trip look all cultured for outside appearances. Head over to the grand palace take lots of pictures. Also you can do the floating markets cant advise on these as I have never been.

Have a ride in a Tuk Tuk its fun but, watch these fuckers if they tell you that something is closed or monks have to pray open later enjoy cos your off to a gem shop and tailors. Always arrange the fare before hand with the tuk tuks and if using a taxi ask for the metre.

MBK if you want a shopping mall. There is also a shrine outside MBK so if you cant be bothered to go to a temple you can take photos that make it look like you have.

Pratunam market if you want the same clothes but at wholesale. Pratunam is directly below the tallest building in Thailand so you cant miss it. The weekend market is good just jump on the sky train and head to Mo Cit station. The weekend market is awesome and I would recommend that to anyone.

This is a good link for BK info http://www.bangkok.com/shopping.htm

Temples I have been to a few in Bangkok but cant really remember

Thats all the info I can give you on BK.
bazzap (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Plenty of touristy stuff in Bkk. Canals, temples, palace, markets. All good.
Pattaya has some good stuff too, but its more fun to take your new cara mia...day trip to Koh Larn, Stone Park, Sanctuary of Truth, Nong Nuch Gardens. Rumour has it there's a beach, but I've never seen it.
bazzap (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

For a real buzz, get a motorcycle taxi down Sukhumvit.
bazzap (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

I still reckon you're better off cancelling Citin Garden and getting somewhere a bit more central, especially for a first trip. There's just nothing around there at all so you're going to need a motorbike or songtaew every single time you go anywhere.