Old 10-31-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
bigphill67

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Default ashes 2010/11

less than a month to the first test in the ashes series down under and hopefully some good cricket to watch come on the Eng-er-land, our team arrived in aus yesterday should have a few one day games under our belts before the first test and a glorious victory to retain our ashes good luck to the abbo's but our captain says its gonna be a war
Old 11-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
foz

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Ill be at the next ashes in abbo land .Causing mayhem and distruction ,me and me boy. : to them barmy army wooly woofters. Rather sit with the abbos and have a laff and a few drinks

Old 11-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Good to see they got rid of Merv Hughes as a selector

Time to fuck off Johnson, Hussey and North. We need a few more New South Welshmen in the side

Katich
Hughes
Ponting
Clarke
The young Paki kid
Watson
Haddin
Smith S
Bollinger
Starc
Siddle

We'll have Siddle in the side coz he's got a nasty streak and will put a few of the Pommy bastards in hospital (or is it South Africaaners ??) Thommo & Lillee would love him.

Leave Ponting in but this is his last chance. Hope he doesn't start when he gets the boot like the West Australian fella did back in the 80's. Most embarrassing.

1 Victorian
1 Tassy
9 from New South Wales

No Queenslanders, Sandgropers or Crow eaters allowed!!!!

About the right balance I reckon

PS

We had all them bloody Mexicans in the Aussie 20/20 side last night. No wonder we got flogged

bazzap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
foz

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjam View Post
I can see a drink happening on Boxing day Foz
That will be good fig .Thats the main one really,allways wanted to be there on boxing day.
Figjam (11-01-2010)
Old 11-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
kuranda_bagman

Advanced Member

Shouts:

kuranda_bagman is on a distinguished road

Spot on Foz - The two ultimate days of cricket to attend are both Ashes tests - Boxing day at the MCG and the first day at Lords - Just awsome - Done the MCG and one day hope I can make it to Lords.
foz (11-01-2010)
Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
penetrator

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Do you think the aussies will even turn up ? I reckon it'll be like 1 of those arranged fights after school when 1 of the lads shits himself and legs it out the side entrance.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I'm looking forward to it. It will be the first time for many years I won't be there, plan to do the same as foz and do all five tests next time though.

The series could go either way, but England will fancy their chances this time. They don't fear any of the Aussie bowlers, although I agree with baz that Siddle can be a handful when fit. I watched the Aussie batters in the recent India series and one or two look as though they are struggling to judge where their off stick is, not a good sign for them. Not sure what their bowling attack will be, but either Smith or Haurwitz (sp) will have to improve quick to bowl England out.

England need to have a reality check on some of their performances too. The seamers have to bowl spot on lengths and keep themselves fit, and if Swann loses form they are in trouble. Brisbane will be a good marker for the Aussie confidence, if they go after Swann from ball one it looks good for them, let him get on top and it's all down hill.

I'll go with my heart and say a series draw or narrow England win. My outside tip for man of the series Ian Bell.

My one wish would be that the Aussies ditch the Cuckaboro ball and use a Duke with a proper seam on it. I'm sure both set's of bowlers would agree with me and return the game to a proper contest between batter and bowler, instead of the batter friendly game we have now.
bazzap (11-01-2010), bigphill67 (11-01-2010), foz (11-01-2010), kuranda_bagman (11-01-2010)
Old 11-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #8
foz

Advanced Member

Shouts:

[quote=old crust;191723]I'm looking forward to it. It will be the first time for many years I won't be there, plan to do the same as foz and do all five tests next time though.
If you want nearer the time we can plan and go together if you want.Iam taking boy whos keen on cricket now playing juinior level. Hell be 17 then . Where planing 5 tests and all ond dayers and 20/20

P.s i dont want to be part of that barmy army though
Old 11-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Defo for the tests.

If the lad keeps on playing we could get him a game or two down there, playing on the quicker tracks, especially in the West is always a good experience. If he really gets good he could follow his fellow Cumbrian Paul Nixon down to Grace Road.

As for the Barmy Army, I don't have anything to do with them. Most of them know fuck all about cricket, especially that Jimmy Saville look alike twat. I had a row with him in Galle SL. The cunt was standing up blocking the view of some locals, they were too polite to say anything so I said it and a bit more for them.
foz (11-01-2010)
Old 11-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

according to reports broad and bresnan were flying in the nets with the kookaburra ball today i fancy broad to be a hero with ball and bat this winter and cement our ranking above australia