Pattaya-Revealed.com : Members Forum : Off-topic : What's the biggest rivalry in the Premier League?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #31
nosehair

Advanced Member

Shouts:

The ManU/Chelsea contest tomorrow night, that looked so important a couple of weeks ago, isn't getting much notice anymore.....or am I wrong.

Will this be one of Ronaldo's last games for ManU?....will he be playing for Real Madrid next season?

Who are the likely teams to be added to next years Premier League season?...who will be demoted?...any other stars expected to be in different uniforms next season?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #32
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

the chelsea/man u game is now being billed as the champions league 3rd/4th play off nose lol... i think ronaldo will still be there next season !
birmingham city & sunderland have been promoted to the pemiership with one more to follow after the play offs , charlton & watford have been relegated to the championship with one of either west ham , wigan or sheffield united to join them
nosehair (05-08-2007)
Old 05-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #33
nosehair

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Thanks reg....a couple of questions....lets say that Sheffield United is dropped from Premier League status....what happens to there top players like Hulse....would a player have an out in his contract if his team fell out of the Premier League?.....

Do teams in lesser levels still get shown on TV, share in TV revenue etc. Do players not in the P/L still get endorsement contracts? Who are some of the top players on Birmingham and Sunderland?

Were there any players on the World Cup team that were not in the Premier League?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #34
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Can't believe I missed this thread

Never mind.
For me its obviously City-red twats BUT I have seen more than a few hairy moments in my times following football.....
City-united every time just about

City Leeds a few times
City Tottenham (must be down to that argie cunt in 81)
City Wigan, mass brawl in the car park at their old gorund Springfield Park 99 play-off semi
City stockport (believe it or not they have a decent small mob)
City Villa fuck knows why
City Millwall a few times, best when in about 92? City done them at London Bridge station
City Birmingham........the list could go on but I won't bore you with just City matches, others I have been to.....
Southampton Portsmouth, up in London, FA Cup day, saints were at spurs, pompey at Palace, kicked off at Covent Garden, tear gas the lot, good ruck
Burnley at a few places, they are not called the suicide squad for nothing!
Millwall Derby in the playoffs a few years back was manic

Loads more..........

Baggins...
Bilbobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:57 PM   #35
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosehair View Post
Thanks reg....a couple of questions....lets say that Sheffield United is dropped from Premier League status....what happens to there top players like Hulse....would a player have an out in his contract if his team fell out of the Premier League?.....

Do teams in lesser levels still get shown on TV, share in TV revenue etc. Do players not in the P/L still get endorsement contracts? Who are some of the top players on Birmingham and Sunderland?

Were there any players on the World Cup team that were not in the Premier League?

Just reading about Sunderland yesterday. Who would have have thought Roy Keane had the right stuff to manage a successful team?
What next, Ireland?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #36
ferocious

Northern monkey

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork Handles View Post
Just reading about Sunderland yesterday. Who would have have thought Roy Keane had the right stuff to manage a successful team?
What next, Ireland?

what about him being at man u next ash ?? 3 or 4 years time
Old 05-08-2007, 10:27 PM   #37
BigBadSi

2k No Life Club

Shouts:

Quote:

Some players have outs on their contracts nose that had been agreed before signing doubt hulse will though
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBadSi For This Useful Post:
nosehair (05-09-2007)
Old 05-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #38
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
what about him being at man u next ash ?? 3 or 4 years time
Looks like Fergy wants to keep going......probably fancies 10 premierships.

Be interesting to see who finally gets the nod, Keano might be in if he controls his emotions.

Wouldn't be surprised if they chased Mourinho, but the Dutch style seems more like MU.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #39
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins View Post
Can't believe I missed this thread

Never mind.
For me its obviously City-red twats BUT I have seen more than a few hairy moments in my times following football.....
City-united every time just about

City Leeds a few times
City Tottenham (must be down to that argie cunt in 81)
City Wigan, mass brawl in the car park at their old gorund Springfield Park 99 play-off semi
City stockport (believe it or not they have a decent small mob)
City Villa fuck knows why
City Millwall a few times, best when in about 92? City done them at London Bridge station
City Birmingham........the list could go on but I won't bore you with just City matches, others I have been to.....
Southampton Portsmouth, up in London, FA Cup day, saints were at spurs, pompey at Palace, kicked off at Covent Garden, tear gas the lot, good ruck
Burnley at a few places, they are not called the suicide squad for nothing!
Millwall Derby in the playoffs a few years back was manic

Loads more..........

Baggins...
You an Old Guv'nor Bilbo?
old crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #40
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:

I doubt if Hulse would get a club in the Premier if the Blades go down.

Most players will have some sort of endorsement contract.

On Monday the Conference North Divisional play off final (five leagues lower than the Premier) is live on television. Although not as much as Premier clubs get, the lower leagues do get TV payouts. If they are the home team, they get around £100,000.

Players from the lower leagues do sometimes turn out for England. The last being Nugent from Preston in Englands last game.

I think Sunderland will recruit big time for the new season. Their best player (Kavanagh) has been injured and like a few others in the team may be shown the door. Birmingham will recruit a few players. They are a physical team, which worked for them this season, but does'nt count for much in the Premier and will be relegated again. West Brom are the best team in the play offs, but have a few key players out, injured and suspended, including Kamara, who was the best player I saw in the Championship this season. Whatever happens the play off winners will go down again next season, sad but true.
old crust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to old crust For This Useful Post:
nosehair (05-09-2007)