Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
hawk3164

Shouts:

Default Tell Me About This

Recently I was web browsing and I came across this reply by a member on another bulletin board. What I would like to know is:
What is the form # that this person is discussing in his reply. I am only interested in getting the form # so I may determine if this is the way to go. thanks

I had read through all the posts and searched the Thai Visa site looking for all the information on Retirement Visa information but it wasn't till I came here that I got the low down and thought I would share.
I was talking to a retired American and I was saying I was prepared to put 800,000 baht in a Thai bank and apply for a retirement Visa. Turns out Americans don't have to do that. All an American over 55 has to do is to go to the American Embassy and fill out a form saying you have income coming in monthly of over a certain amount. (I can't remember what it is.) I put $2,700. You just fill out the form and pay $30 to have it notarized by the embassy. You don't have to prove anything. The person just asks, is this true? I say, yes and I now took that form to the Thai immigration office and asked for a one year retirement Visa. Payed them 2000 baht to re-up my Tourist Visa and 3900 baht for a multiple entry retirement Visa and I'm now good for 15 months before I have to do anything else except report every 90 days.

I believe that this is a special relationship only with the American government that allows for this waiver of the 800,000 in a Thai bank requirement or any proof of income. No criminal background check, no health requirements. It was all very easy.

The Thai Visa requirements are confusing. When you sit around with a bunch of people here, it can turn out 10 people have 10 different kinds of Visas. Anyway, that's how it worked out for me. Piece of cake, once you know.

Would like someone to fill in the blanks if there are any. As he pointed out.. "ask 10 people get 10 different answers"
hawk3164 is offline   Reply With Quote